The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by knope
Thank you!

Haha alright, hope you manage to find it alright. I might see you if you're up on the 1st February. But are you or are you not wishing they'd just email about it? I was when they sent me a letter with no postage attached that I then had to collect from the Post Office and pay for. :tongue: Ah, the joys of snail mail.

Oh wow that's very soon- let me know how it goes! I don't think I am, I have a feeling I picked the date furthest away. Yes ! 🙏Although it does feel much more personal
Reply 1441
Original post by Cap1234
Oh wow that's very soon- let me know how it goes! I don't think I am, I have a feeling I picked the date furthest away. Yes ! Although it does feel much more personal

Yep, will do! I had the opposite approach - I picked the soonest because I get too excited over these things. Also, if I hadn't heard from them by then I would've been wanting to scope out when we were likely to hear. But mostly impatience.

Mm true, I don't get much post so it is that much more exciting to get a letter than an email. Especially a letter on some very fine paper. :wink:
Reply 1442
Original post by knope
Yep, will do! I had the opposite approach - I picked the soonest because I get too excited over these things. Also, if I hadn't heard from them by then I would've been wanting to scope out when we were likely to hear. But mostly impatience.

Mm true, I don't get much post so it is that much more exciting to get a letter than an email. Especially a letter on some very fine paper. :wink:

Haha, another person who appreciated the paper :tongue: my family thought I was insane, I was running about like 'ooh look at the pretty paper' :tongue:
Reply 1443
Original post by JTR__
Haha, another person who appreciated the paper :tongue: my family thought I was insane, I was running about like 'ooh look at the pretty paper' :tongue:

Sounds like me. :wink: I gotta say that I'm very well stocked with maps now, I've somehow ended up with 3 identical maps of St Andrews… If I get lost despite this fact then I'm officially dense.
I just got invited for an interview at Birmingham, can anyone please give an idea of what they do usually ask? If you applied there .. thanks :smile:)
Reply 1445
Original post by knope
Sounds like me. :wink: I gotta say that I'm very well stocked with maps now, I've somehow ended up with 3 identical maps of St Andrews… If I get lost despite this fact then I'm officially dense.

Haha, even without the maps it would be a challenge- there are only three main streets... Did you notice that they highlighted the chemistry department and where they want us to meet? I thought that was so cute! xx
Reply 1446
Original post by JTR__
Haha, even without the maps it would be a challenge- there are only three main streets... Did you notice that they highlighted the chemistry department and where they want us to meet? I thought that was so cute! xx

Oooooh I completely missed that, just checked mine and they are indeed highlighted. How thoughtful.
Reply 1447
Original post by knope
Oooooh I completely missed that, just checked mine and they are indeed highlighted. How thoughtful.

It's the little things that make you smile :bubbles:
Original post by Saru5
Hey :smile: i have an interview on the 28th for the same course :smile: and i was wondering if the few questions that they asked were just randomly from the syllabus or did you mention any of these in your personal statement and like did they ask about other things in your personal statement e.g. hobbies,teams, events/conferences? :smile:

They didn't refer to my personal statement at all, he only asked very simple things, nothing complex. It'll be from the syllabus I'm sure, but since everyone will be doing different exam boards, you'll probably be asked basic things. It was very informal, but make sure you're able to talk about an area of chemistry at least! Maybe something you've been doing in class, or something you're interested in personally.
Hey guys, I have offers for both Durham and Bristol, A*AA and AAB respectively. I was just wondering which one you would all pick as your first choice as I am extremely stuck!! I want to have a decent nightlife and enjoy my time at uni whilst getting a good education.... opinions would be really appreciated!! :smile:
Original post by Katalexandraa
Hey guys, I have offers for both Durham and Bristol, A*AA and AAB respectively. I was just wondering which one you would all pick as your first choice as I am extremely stuck!! I want to have a decent nightlife and enjoy my time at uni whilst getting a good education.... opinions would be really appreciated!! :smile:

You should definitely firm Bristol and decline Durham. That might free up a place for them to give me an offer. :wink:

Haha, I kid, obviously. Personally as you may have figured out I would choose Durham, but I don't really know enough about Bristol to compare.
Well I'm on the train back from Imperial. Interview went okay I thought. Interviewers were really nice :biggrin:

Original post by gmseahorse
I did it with Durham :P
They haven't yet responded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for not being very talkative to you, I was expecting a boy and I got a bit flustered when a pretty girl turned up :colondollar:

How did you find it?
Reply 1452
Original post by CJG21
Well I'm on the train back from Imperial. Interview went okay I thought. Interviewers were really nice :biggrin:

Did you like the university? :smile:
Original post by Katalexandraa

Bristol. Durham is dull...you get a good education, but definitely has no nightlife.
Reply 1454
Original post by CJG21

Sorry for not being very talkative to you, I was expecting a boy and I got a bit flustered when a pretty girl turned up :colondollar:

How did you find it?

How did you find your interview? I have one next week really nervous :frown: I hope you get an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJG21

How did you find it?

How did you two know who was who? :tongue:
Original post by Gotzz
Did you like the university? :smile:

It was good. It was my first time in London and I love the city.

Not as much as Oxford though :smile:
Original post by keelahla
How did you find your interview? I have one next week really nervous :frown: I hope you get an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was nice. He asked some questions beyond spec, but nothing nasty, and it was quite fun. :smile: He asked about stuff I'd done on my PS as well, which made a change. :tongue:

Don't be nervous, it was really relaxed.

And cheers, I hope I do to. Going for the clean sweep. :lol:
Original post by theCreator
How did you two know who was who? :tongue:

She approached me because she knew my name...

Spoiler

Reply 1459
Hi!
I've applied to Imperial, York, UCL, Warwick and Bath. I got 4 A's in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Psychology at AS and also in EPQ. So far I have 3 interviews and I'm still waiting to hear from Warwick and Bath. Has anyone had an interview at any of the others, that could give me some advice on what to do, apart from read over my personal statement? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending