The Student Room Group

Which University is better for studying Maths-Durham,Bath or Manchester

Hi, I was just wondering which one is better.
Reply 1
career prospects wise, I'd say durham > manchester > bath.

It won't differ that much though, they are all reasonably close.
Reply 2
Applied for manchester :smile: Have you heard back if you have applied...
Reply 3
Original post by Qtj987
Applied for manchester :smile: Have you heard back if you have applied...

Yeah I have. Well, my interview was back in November and I got the offer AAA a week later. Have you?
Reply 4
Original post by natnalie
Yeah I have. Well, my interview was back in November and I got the offer AAA a week later. Have you?

Aww well done :smile: :smile: I sent my UCAS application off on the 14th of Jan (mega late lol) soo no.
Original post by natnalie
Hi, I was just wondering which one is better.

Hi Natnalie,

I am a second year Mathematical Sciences student at the University of Bath and no one can say which is the best of the three, but it is possible to work out which is the best one for you.

Last year Bath came top for student satisfaction out of more than 150 UK higher education institutions, showing that students do not only thrive academically here, but enjoy their studies.

Over the years Bath has consistently ranked highly in the league tables for maths which is what originally caught my attention when I was deciding where to apply. But it was visiting the campus and city that made me certain that this was where I wanted to live for the next 4 years.

Bath's placement scheme is exceptionally strong so this is worth considering it as it is a great way to explore career paths and possibly secure yourself a graduate job. The university has links with many top companies and offers useful advice and support through the application system.

It is worth noting that a new programme has now become available that includes a placement year within a Masters programme (5 years in total). There is full flexibility to change your course once you start to include a placement, year abroad, or to change between BSc/MMath.

The mathematics department at Bath offers a huge range of course titles so it is possible to do exactly the kind of maths you are interested in; including physics, accounting and computing modules from your second year onwards. More information on specific modules can be found here.

Different universities offer slightly different modules so doing some research into the course content and matching these to your own interests is one way to decide which university offers the best course for you.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with and good luck making your decision.
Warm regards,
Isabelle
they're all good, go and visit them

Quick Reply

Latest