The Student Room Group

Finding an exam center for private candidacy.

I'd like to take my A Levels next year so I've been contacting schools about entering as a private candidate. I've had a couple of replies saying that I could take my written exam at their schools, but I want to take History and English Literature, both of which subjects have compulsory coursework. Can anyone help? Location isn't really a problem since I'm overseas anyway, but does anyone know of any schools/exam subjects who accept private candidates taking subjects with coursework as a percentage of the exam?
Any information is really appreciated. I'm freaking out a bit about it now tbh :frown:
(I plan to take English Lit, History, Politics, French, and Spanish, also possibly Philosophy or similar only up to the AS.)
Thanks again!
Go to a 6th form/ college like a normal person.
Reply 2
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Go to a 6th form/ college like a normal person.

My family moved to France when I was eleven. I come from a single mother family and there's no way in hell I'd ask her to shell out for boarding school back home, even if we had anywhere near approaching enough money. So, thanks for the advice, but I'm doing the best I can.
Reply 3
very very very unlikely as most private facilities do exam only :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Padwas
very very very unlikely as most private facilities do exam only :frown:

Thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest