The Student Room Group

What's it like being in a relationship ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
I feel sorry for your girlfriend :frown:
Original post by WeirdlyWonderful
I feel absolutely awful for your girlfriend.

Feel as you wish, I'm not bothered by your feelings towards my actions, all that matters is that I love her and will do anything for her, I just, sometimes like to be with other women, if anything, it makes the relationship stronger.
Original post by tehFrance
Feel as you wish, I'm not bothered by your feelings towards my actions, all that matters is that I love her and will do anything for her, I just, sometimes like to be with other women, if anything, it makes the relationship stronger.

How is your relationship stronger if you're constant lying to her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is your relationship stronger if you're constant lying to her?

I'm not lying, I'm omitting the truth, there's a difference.

Lying by omission is still lying. If you love her how can you treat her like that? Don't you have a conscience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lying by omission is still lying. If you love her how can you treat her like that? Don't you have a conscience?

I treat her like a princess at all other times, when I have a drink, I wander, so sue me :erm:

Don't take your hatred of the guy that cheated on you, out on me.
Er... I already sleep with other women when I'm not in Moscow... so depending on how gorgeous, yes.

I feel sorry for your girlfriend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by WeirdlyWonderful
I feel absolutely awful for your girlfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly my reaction. I don't know how she gathers the strength to live with that tbh it's awful:frown:

@Teh Are you both in an open relationship? i
(edited 10 years ago)
I treat her like a princess at all other times, when I have a drink, I wander, so sue me :erm:

Don't take your hatred of the guy that cheated on you, out on me.

Well I can't stand cheating, so I don't think treating her 'like a princess' makes up for it. Don't you feel guilty?

I've never been cheated on, stop getting defensive and assuming things about me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
she does get worried I may stray when I go on a lads night but I assure her nothing will happen, she buys it :lol:

Umm, by the sounds of it, you're not even omitting the truth. You're making blunt lies.

Don't you see why this is a problem? If you don't then you should probably reconsider whether you're mature enough to get married (or at least have a worthwhile marriage), frankly :erm:
Reply 28
Original post by blairxoxo
Instead of asking us how it is to have one/get one...

You will be on here asking how to cheat on her etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheat on who ? I'm single love

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by blairxoxo
Instead of asking us how it is to have one/get one...

You will be on here asking how to cheat on her etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheat on who ? I'm single love ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
Cheat on who ? I'm single love

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasnt talking about you, I was talking about people in general with similar threads.
Original post by IMBCFC
I have loved a girl before and it was great she was my world and I was happy when I was with her. But it didnt last long as we drifted apart. I just want to know what it's like being with someone who cares about you and loves you. Is your girlfriend like your best/special friend ? Can you tell her everything.

How does it differ from a friendship ?

Also how does it effect your friendship with your friends ? I mean sometimes you need some time with the "lads" and with the "girls"

Thank You

Aside from the obvious differences between relationship and friendship. I think its a level of closeness that can't be met by just being friends..or even best friends although close you're not close enough. I have friendships that may feel threatened by that connection that you have in a relationship but that's lack of understanding or relation on their part. I think that the difference between being in love, like or lust is a genuine connection with that person, and the affection for their wellbeing is heightened, and want to know they are ok, and safe. Love is unconditional, although friends its a little bit lesser, and you don't feel so aware of that need to protect, although you have a level of wellbeing compassion but its not as great as a partner/boy/girlfriend relationship. Much like a family member over a acquaintance kinda look out.
Original post by Greg182
you loved a girl and she was your world, but it didn't last long?

I think you should start by learning what love is mate.

Why don't you tell us then? Just because you love someone doesn't mean they are going to return it.
Original post by kidomo
@Teh Are you both in an open relationship? i

No.
Well I can't stand cheating, so I don't think treating her 'like a princess' makes up for it. Don't you feel guilty?

I've never been cheated on, stop getting defensive and assuming things about me.

Who cares what you can stand? I certainly don't and I don't feel guilty either.

Stop jumping down my throat then.
Original post by Bulbasaur
Umm, by the sounds of it, you're not even omitting the truth. You're making blunt lies.

Don't you see why this is a problem? If you don't then you should probably reconsider whether you're mature enough to get married (or at least have a worthwhile marriage), frankly :erm:

In your opinion.

Who are you to tell me that I'm not ready for my relationship with my OH?
No.

In your opinion.

I'm not jumping down your throat. You posted quite blatantly that you cheat on your OH, you can't expect no-one to ask questions. Why don't you feel guilty? You're betraying her trust

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35

What if she wants you to be just with her?
I'm not jumping down your throat. You posted quite blatantly that you cheat on your OH, you can't expect no-one to ask questions. Why don't you feel guilty? You're betraying her trust.

because I don't, it isn't something to feel bad about in the grand scheme of things, an affair is nothing compared to other things that have happened in the past.
Original post by TNA123
What if she wants you to be just with her?

Then I'll do it.
Reply 37

Something is off about you...
Reply 38
No.

In your opinion.

Don't let people dictate how you should behave. Ignore these losers. :smile:
It's amazing, every second of it.

Wish it could last forever

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending