The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by petraarifin
I completed and sent off my application to my tutor 30/09/2013 but my tutor sent it off 14/10/2013. I was so angry that time. what about you?

I went into school to make sure my tutor had sent my application. Mine was sent on the 11/10/2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,
how does Southampton letting people know about their decision? Do they send email or letter?
Hey guys,
how does Southampton letting people know about their decision? Do they send email or letter?

By email or UCAS track.
does anyone know when rejections are gonna be handed out or start to be handed out? looking on last years thread it was around 10th Jan onwards, for when people got rejected!

I wish i could find out now, i hate waiting!!:mad:
Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha
does anyone know when rejections are gonna be handed out or start to be handed out? looking on last years thread it was around 10th Jan onwards, for when people got rejected!

I wish i could find out now, i hate waiting!!:mad:

Would you mind to send me the last year thread? I tried to find it but I couldn't.
Thank you
Would you mind to send me the last year thread? I tried to find it but I couldn't.
Thank you

Here you are -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1972512
Time needs to pass quicker, I can't wait any longer! :frown:
Original post by Lethargic
Time needs to pass quicker, I can't wait any longer! :frown:

Have some patience! Medicine is a really long road and patience is really important. You'll wait months to get results and see if you have the placements etc you wanted. You will have patients whose treatment takes forever to see if it is working. I know it is a bit thing, but seriously, you will hear.

Also, I applied two years in a row as the first time I didn't get a place (damned waiting lists), so the not knowing was lovely in hindsight. Not knowing that I wasn't going meant I could keep working. Once I found out I was not likely to have a place my a levels suffered.

Enjoy the not knowing, and practice the patience you'll need when you get into med school. Not if, but when.
Original post by BethaneyJ
Have some patience! Medicine is a really long road and patience is really important. You'll wait months to get results and see if you have the placements etc you wanted. You will have patients whose treatment takes forever to see if it is working. I know it is a bit thing, but seriously, you will hear.

Also, I applied two years in a row as the first time I didn't get a place (damned waiting lists), so the not knowing was lovely in hindsight. Not knowing that I wasn't going meant I could keep working. Once I found out I was not likely to have a place my a levels suffered.

Enjoy the not knowing, and practice the patience you'll need when you get into med school. Not if, but when.

Aww thank you so much! I think it's just the jealousy of people starting to get offers which is really making things harder! You're definitely right though, that feeling of hope is so much more motivating than a straight rejection, and I really can't afford to let my grades suffer.
Original post by Lethargic
Aww thank you so much! I think it's just the jealousy of people starting to get offers which is really making things harder! You're definitely right though, that feeling of hope is so much more motivating than a straight rejection, and I really can't afford to let my grades suffer.

Ignore them. Most of them aren't doing medicine and the ones that are, well they're just over achievers. :wink:
Original post by BethaneyJ

Love that bit :smile:
Reply 332
hi wen do bm6 normally giv rejections nd interview offers out???? nervously waiting
😭😭😭
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 333
omgggg ur thread is exactly wt im feeling ryt nw iv applied fr bm6 too and jst waiting here nervoualy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we not get told whether we were eligible for the course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wild&young

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think so.
Original post by wild&young

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, just interview invites and then offers/rejections.
Reply 337
feel so upset this waiting game is KILLINGGGGG me 😭😭😭 feel so negative & down haven't heard anything at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 338
Original post by zab786
feel so upset this waiting game is KILLINGGGGG me 😭😭😭 feel so negative & down haven't heard anything at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown: what are ur stats if u don't mind me asking
60 days left till interview day

46 days left till interview offers are given out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending