The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sausagerolled

Oh my! It's January all ready - I forgot how long these past 8 weeks have gone by waiting. (10th of December)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Seeker_SM
Thank you so much! Lots of great advice. Sorry at first I didn't see you're full reply just the first paragraph. Im sure I want to do medicine I just dont want to end up in 2015 with no place anywhere but now you said about deferring I'll do some research into it i.e call UCL up.

Have you reapplied this year? If you have where did u apply and hows it gone?

I am a bit of a person what u call a loser medic wanna be ... ( like this is my 4or 5th application-- so like that weird person u met who has applied like a 100000th times Lolz ) .. So not the best person to advice but many people who are grads ( me included .. Lol don't know how I managed to fool unis to make me a grad lol lol lol) will repeat what I said word for word ... ( u can PM me if u really want my details but allow it ( wink wink ))
Hey Man U have to take the risk of not being with a place in 2015 .. I can't make that decision for u and also ... Remember there is always a 5th choice on Ucas ...... for BIOMEDS lol ( u can do that as a BSC = 3 years ) so what ur really saying is u don't want to give up ucl ( which is ur fall back option) which is fair enough but we both are strangers ..I don't know ur circumstances .. I can't even possibly tell u what to do or what ur options are as i don't know u ( philosophical sense lol not being rude and saying I dônt know u lol) u can also reapply to pharmacy hello ?????? Lolz
PS WHY ARE U AIMING FOR 3As only ... Why not chuck in the odd A* eh ?

Callll other unis up before u call ucl trust me on that one ... It will reduce any nerves u would have ( I can imagine loads) ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone on dec 17th got an offer????
what are the chances of getting an offer after interview? I have mine next week and i'm freaked out that Kings seem to have already given out so many offers already!
I literally receive a PM everyday from someone who wants information on the interview. Today it was a guy wanting to know what the ethical scenario was. How many times, i'm not giving out any information + neither should anyone else! Just putting that out there bc it is getting frustrating now. We all didn't know what to expect when we went in and it should be the same for everyone.
Original post by futuredoc999
Anyone on dec 17th got an offer????

Mine was on 17th, haven't heard a thing since.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got 'My Messages' on their homepage of the portal?
And why does my message from King's (from December) have a red flag on it? It was only a thank you for uploading certificates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarhuni
They have a post-offer open day on the 19th March :smile:

Do you think there's any point going? I've already firmed and applied for accommodation, so I'm not sure if it's worth paying for the train if there's nothing I'll get from going!
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
Do you think there's any point going? I've already firmed and applied for accommodation, so I'm not sure if it's worth paying for the train if there's nothing I'll get from going!

If you've been on an open day before, visited Wolfson House and have no questions for current students and academics, then may be not.

But I'm going just to meet people on my course (15 min train for me).
Reply 2829
Original post by itsmagic
Has anyone got 'My Messages' on their homepage of the portal?
And why does my message from King's (from December) have a red flag on it? It was only a thank you for uploading certificates

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may have accidently clicked on the flag when you were inbox which prioritises the message and it and brings it to your homepage. Just click on the red flag to remove the message from your homepage :smile:
Original post by great life
Mine was on 17th, haven't heard a thing since.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were u asked to upload certificates after ur interview or did you already do it before
Reply 2831
Anybody on 18th still waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2832
I've only heard of one person who got an offer without being asked to upload their certificates via the portal. Has anybody else received an offer without being asked to (re)upload their documents? (my interview was on the 11th of Dec. and still no news)
Reply 2833
15th still waiting. But I'm quite an impatient person... :wink:
Original post by MS Miz
15th still waiting. But I'm quite an impatient person... :wink:

Is that the 15th Dec or Jan?
Reply 2835
Original post by lovelycup7
Is that the 15th Dec or Jan?

15 of Jan. Literally last Wednesday!
Reply 2836
Original post by hello101
Defer ucl for a year ... If u dont hear anything ... Sit ukcat -> smash it like get 100 % = medicine interviews = medicine ( easy peasy ) if ukcat not good u have pharmacy to go back to ... Honestly if u want medicine get everything rite at a levels ... GRADUATE ENTRY = mind Fu** ... Honestly unles u bloom and get in the top 6-8% of ukcat scores ... I would advice anyone who wants to do medicine and has done worke experience ... Can get the grades ... Forget everything else ... Get ur grades and work on these admissions test ... U can try as a graduate but it will be ridiculously competitve as places are reduced every year ... St georges is reducing grad med from 100 to 50 ... U get the point

Seriously why self doubt ... U will not be successful if u self doubt ... Everyone has doubts ... Its all about working out how to get round issues which give slef doubt ... Get a grip MAN ( Lol me saying this in a funny way lolz )

REMEBER BY GAPPING ALL U LOOSE IS A YEAR COMPARED TO WHAT U CAN REALISTICALLY GAIN .... IF U GET UR ALEVELS ...
Do a risk / benefit chart ( this is helpful always in life ) and decide .....
I envy u ... I wish in could say what u just said !

ON A BIT OF A HARSH NOTE WHICH U WILL BE SUBJECTED TO BY SOMEONE SO ITS BETTER I DO IT LOL ... If ur confused about med dont do it ....
I would always say get more experience and then decide ... Dont be turned off by not being sure ... We are all uncertain and sometimes make decisions ... No one had a mystic ball to say u will make a bad or a great doctor ....
Ok so bear it in mind to remember if someone says to u dont do med if ur not sure ( treat that with a pinch of salt and also use that to reflect honestly ... How do u think its likely )
... Enough said

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy!! I just gotta tell you that your advice is amazing and it even helped me a lot!!! You're kind of awesome!!!
I still havent heard anything, not even an interview, I am an undergrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Defer ucl for a year ... If u dont hear anything ... Sit ukcat -> smash it like get 100 % = medicine interviews = medicine ( easy peasy ) if ukcat not good u have pharmacy to go back to ... Honestly if u want medicine get everything rite at a levels ... GRADUATE ENTRY = mind Fu** ... Honestly unles u bloom and get in the top 6-8% of ukcat scores ... I would advice anyone who wants to do medicine and has done worke experience ... Can get the grades ... Forget everything else ... Get ur grades and work on these admissions test ... U can try as a graduate but it will be ridiculously competitve as places are reduced every year ... St georges is reducing grad med from 100 to 50 ... U get the point

Seriously why self doubt ... U will not be successful if u self doubt ... Everyone has doubts ... Its all about working out how to get round issues which give slef doubt ... Get a grip MAN ( Lol me saying this in a funny way lolz )

REMEBER BY GAPPING ALL U LOOSE IS A YEAR COMPARED TO WHAT U CAN REALISTICALLY GAIN .... IF U GET UR ALEVELS ...
Do a risk / benefit chart ( this is helpful always in life ) and decide .....
I envy u ... I wish in could say what u just said !

ON A BIT OF A HARSH NOTE WHICH U WILL BE SUBJECTED TO BY SOMEONE SO ITS BETTER I DO IT LOL ... If ur confused about med dont do it ....
I would always say get more experience and then decide ... Dont be turned off by not being sure ... We are all uncertain and sometimes make decisions ... No one had a mystic ball to say u will make a bad or a great doctor ....
Ok so bear it in mind to remember if someone says to u dont do med if ur not sure ( treat that with a pinch of salt and also use that to reflect honestly ... How do u think its likely )
... Enough said

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you allowed to apply for another course when you're on a deferred entry year? Some great advice here :smile:
OFFER .... interview last Thursday! Can't breathe

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a bit of a person what u call a loser medic wanna be ... ( like this is my 4or 5th application-- so like that weird person u met who has applied like a 100000th times Lolz ) .. So not the best person to advice but many people who are grads ( me included .. Lol don't know how I managed to fool unis to make me a grad lol lol lol) will repeat what I said word for word ... ( u can PM me if u really want my details but allow it ( wink wink ))
Hey Man U have to take the risk of not being with a place in 2015 .. I can't make that decision for u and also ... Remember there is always a 5th choice on Ucas ...... for BIOMEDS lol ( u can do that as a BSC = 3 years ) so what ur really saying is u don't want to give up ucl ( which is ur fall back option) which is fair enough but we both are strangers ..I don't know ur circumstances .. I can't even possibly tell u what to do or what ur options are as i don't know u ( philosophical sense lol not being rude and saying I dônt know u lol) u can also reapply to pharmacy hello ?????? Lolz
PS WHY ARE U AIMING FOR 3As only ... Why not chuck in the odd A* eh ?

Callll other unis up before u call ucl trust me on that one ... It will reduce any nerves u would have ( I can imagine loads) ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank u for nice comments read the post i have quoted ... I dont know about deferring to be honest ... Never been in that privileged position before but i imagine it depends in unis ( even if they say no u will always find an anomaly ... U guys r gonna be doctors ... What better way to exercise ur magical communication skills and convincing the uni to let u defer .... )
PS IF SOMMEONE FINDS OUT IF U CAN DEFER AND APPLY POST IT HERE N U WILL GET BROWNIE POINTS ( u know u want them realy... Lolz )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest