The Student Room Group

Student fiancé question help!?

So I'm applying for student finance now as I got an offer from a uni today, but I've run into a question I'm not sure about: "Have you studied any other higher education course since leaving school?". I am currently doing a BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art & Design which is a 1 year, level 3/4 course. I'm not sure whether this counts as higher education or not. So do I put yes or no? Please help!
Original post by jjg95
So I'm applying for student finance now as I got an offer from a uni today, but I've run into a question I'm not sure about: "Have you studied any other higher education course since leaving school?". I am currently doing a BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art & Design which is a 1 year, level 3/4 course. I'm not sure whether this counts as higher education or not. So do I put yes or no? Please help!

No, it counts as further education, not higher (there's a difference) and you weren't eligible for finance for it, so it has no bearing on your current application.

And I have to admit that I only clicked on this to hear about your student fiance. Damn autocorrect, I suspect!
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No, it counts as further education, not higher (there's a difference) and you weren't eligible for finance for it, so it has no bearing on your current application.

And I have to admit that I only clicked on this to hear about your student fiance. Damn autocorrect, I suspect!

Thank you so much!!
And i only just noticed that I put fiance... Goddamn you autocorrect!!
Original post by jjg95
Thank you so much!!
And i only just noticed that I put fiance... Goddamn you autocorrect!!

No prob. It's an example of my nosiness being beneficial for a change. I can tell you about this with confidence because my son did the same course and then a degree, so I've filled in the forms myself.

Give my regards to your fiance. :biggrin:
Reply 4
What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending