The Student Room Group

If you are male and vegetarian, GTFIH

Just wondering does anyone ever take you seriously?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They love it, they think we're sensitive and care. it's guuuuuuud.

i dont care what another guy thinks. so, all good.
Male, Vegan.

I don't really tell anyone. I eat what I eat. If they don't like it, that's their problem. It's not a big deal that I don't eat meat.
Reply 3
Go and hunt some wild boar, you impressive hulk of raw masculinity. :rolleyes:
OP, I'm confused. Are you implying that being a vegetarian is emasculating?
May I ask what you feel when you walk past KFC and do you know the taste of chicken or have you never tried it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bertstare
Just wondering does anyone ever take you seriously?

I'm a male vegan.

Reply 7
I feel excluded :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Maximillion.
I'm a male vegan.

Hey, I was just wondering if you could answer a vegan related question? If you're vegan for the ethical treatment of animals- if you kept chickens would you eat the eggs?

My friend got drunk one night and got obsessed with this question, so I figured I'd get her an answer.
Reply 9
Original post by chocolatesauce
May I ask what your feel when you walk past KFC and do you know the taste of chicken or have you never tried it?

Argh this is a killer when you're drunk. Its like get in my face chicken..! My local takeaway does felafel wraps now though. So I'm more than happy.
Original post by syrettd
Hey, I was just wondering if you could answer a vegan related question? If you're vegan for the ethical treatment of animals- if you kept chickens would you eat the eggs?

My friend got drunk one night and got obsessed with this question, so I figured I'd get her an answer.

Well even if you were an ethical vegan keeping your own chicken pen you have to think about where the chickens came from? As you know male chicks are killed as soon as they hatch in the egg-making industry so that's something to consider. You're still caging them even if the conditions are better than in the egg factories you are still depriving them.

There's so many more reasons I can give you but I won't bore you. I don't eat any animal products I even abstain from using silk.
Yes.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm a pescetarian (chicken is a type of fish right?) :awesome: and bitches love my meat :h: Deal with it :cool:

Spoiler

Being a pescetarian is silly. Why not just eat other meats too?
Reply 13
Original post by chocolatesauce
May I ask what you feel when you walk past KFC and do you know the taste of chicken or have you never tried it?

Lol did I get you obsessed with KFC too?? Expect you to post this :tongue:

EDIT: This was my 1000th post! :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheBBQ
Lol did I get you obsessed with KFC too?? Expect you to post this :tongue:

You know me too well :tongue:
If it weren't for KFC I would be vegetarian
Original post by chelseafan
Being a pescetarian is silly. Why not just eat other meats too?

You cannot compare eating fish to eating meat. They are not morally the same. Fish do not have the ability to feel emotion and therefore suffer. They sense pain don't get me wrong, but their awarness of it is hugely different to cows, pigs and chickens.
Reply 16
I don't take them seriously tbh
Ok this is potentially very embarrassing but just to prove a point...
image.jpg
That is a photo of my Dad, he is a vegetarian and has been for 20+ years, he's also in a thrash metal band, nothing like this stereotype of male vegetarians :redface:
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
image.jpg
That is a photo of my Dad, he is a vegetarian and has been for 20+ years, he's also in a thrash metal band, nothing like this stereotype of male vegetarians :redface:

People who listen to metal are pussies
Reply 19
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
image.jpg

Your dad looks like the devil himself.

Quick Reply

Latest