The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know the chances of getting in after interview?
Original post by games211
I know you can not say for certain but after an interview, in terms of making a decisions (i.e offer/rejection/waiting list) do they just solely look at your performance in the interview or do they consider your application as a whole?

Went to the open day for this entrance cycle, and the head of admissions told us that they just look at your performance in the interview. Everyone gets a clean slate after selection for interview. Ucas points/UKCAT don't have an impact anymore. HOWEVER, the PS is used during the interview.
Original post by alicia2908
does anyone know the chances of getting in after interview?

Around 460 offers from 800 interviews. So after selection for interview, you have a 58% chance of being offered a place.
Original post by GCSE-help
Went to the open day for this entrance cycle, and the head of admissions told us that they just look at your performance in the interview. Everyone gets a clean slate after selection for interview. Ucas points/UKCAT don't have an impact anymore. HOWEVER, the PS is used during the interview.

Oh okay, thank you. Well there goes my offer...:s-smilie:
Reply 1944
Ladies and gentlemen,

if you do anything worthwhile in your life it will be accepting and embracing the offer of a lifetime to come to Bart's.
I saw some prospective fellows wandering around today. you have made the first step in the right direction.
Bart's... (BAAAARRRTS) is incredible. Reject any other offer you may have and get your clever arses down here.
The teaching, the socials, the camaraderie is unparalleled. ( and if you have Luke and Emma for your Bart's parents next term... well... treasure your livers now.) "God help you" from me dear friend.
Luke: BARTS is literally the best place ever don't even contemplate all the other institutes that may tempt you with their boring prospectuses. BARTS is where you really want to be. Nail that interview and hope that you get Emma and I as your Bart's parents but wither way you will have the time of your life. Best place on earth, wouldn't have it any other way. BARTS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND YOU WILL BE WONDERFUL.

A exhilarated 1st (and very intoxicated - don't worry i'm a med student? - first year)

XX
Original post by EmmaOB
Ladies and gentlemen,

if you do anything worthwhile in your life it will be accepting and embracing the offer of a lifetime to come to Bart's.
I saw some prospective fellows wandering around today. you have made the first step in the right direction.
Bart's... (BAAAARRRTS) is incredible. Reject any other offer you may have and get your clever arses down here.
The teaching, the socials, the camaraderie is unparalleled. ( and if you have Luke and Emma for your Bart's parents next term... well... treasure your livers now.) "God help you" from me dear friend.
Luke: BARTS is literally the best place ever don't even contemplate all the other institutes that may tempt you with their boring prospectuses. BARTS is where you really want to be. Nail that interview and hope that you get Emma and I as your Bart's parents but wither way you will have the time of your life. Best place on earth, wouldn't have it any other way. BARTS!

A exhilarated 1st (and very intoxicated - don't worry i'm a med student? - first year)

XX

:biggrin: Haha got my pumped for Barts. I literally have no clue what my first choice is. This has convinced me a bit. What's it like living in Whitechapel?
Reply 1946
Original post by GCSE-help
:biggrin: Haha got my pumped for Barts. I literally have no clue what my first choice is. This has convinced me a bit. What's it like living in Whitechapel?

Many of us fabulous first years don't live in Whitechapel! We live in Barbican, literally smack bang in the middle of London (5 minutes from St Pauls) :biggrin: It's an amazing place to live, you'll never get the opportunity to live so centrally - in fact I think we are the only people who actually live in 'The Square Mile' ( but because of this we see it as something that is, by all intents and purposes, our home ground) and it's not something to be sniffed at. Our friends that live in Whitechapel have a great time too...it's vibrant (Shoreditch is a stones throw away), lively and is home to the formidable Laird Hall (this is our famous Barts theatre at which a host of fantastic plays are performed alongside some first class heckling and cheap shots!)... LIKE THE CHEAPEST IN LONDON... I couldn't believe it during the fresher play.

So there's Dawson by Bart's hospital (gorgeous building... v old and grand) and Floyer by The London which is an institution to be marvelled at... when construction finishes it'll be the biggest in Europe.. (plus it's got HEMS... which, as students, you can get involved in) and somewhere that is treasured by the local population... East London has unique pathology that no other BRITISH medical school can offer... I'm sorry.. the emotion is too much... I've spoken to medic-friends of mine all over the country and i, we all, just get that feeelin of self-greatness that we have the best deal in all respects... you're an idiot if you're not considering BAARRRT's

(also do rowing :wink: ) no do hockey, rowing are ****!

.... Alpine are pretty cool too, but DANCE IS WHERE IT'S AT!!

(I'm a VEGAN and even I don't do Alpine :wink: )

Just... please.
for your own good... APPLY BAAAART'SSSS... (and accpet ofc)

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXXXXXX
(edited 10 years ago)
The rather eloquent Emma is mistaken about rowing, you should give it a go
Reply 1948
hey guys, I'm still waiting for a reply :/
Original post by EmmaOB
Ladies and gentlemen,

XX

I wanna come to BAAAARTSSS! but I have this interview to pass :frown:

You need 40+/50 to be offered a place D: tough!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by raveen789
I wanna come to BAAAARTSSS! but I have this interview to pass :frown:

You need 40+/50 to be offered a place D: tough!

Where did you get 40+/50 from?
Original post by games211
Where did you get 40+/50 from?

The document on page one. :smile:
Original post by raveen789
The document on page one. :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by EmmaOB
Many of us fabulous first years don't live in Whitechapel! We live in Barbican, literally smack bang in the middle of London (5 minutes from St Pauls) :biggrin: It's an amazing place to live, you'll never get the opportunity to live so centrally - in fact I think we are the only people who actually live in 'The Square Mile' ( but because of this we see it as something that is, by all intents and purposes, our home ground) and it's not something to be sniffed at. Our friends that live in Whitechapel have a great time too...it's vibrant (Shoreditch is a stones throw away), lively and is home to the formidable Laird Hall (this is our famous Barts theatre at which a host of fantastic plays are performed alongside some first class heckling and cheap shots!)... LIKE THE CHEAPEST IN LONDON... I couldn't believe it during the fresher play.

So there's Dawson by Bart's hospital (gorgeous building... v old and grand) and Floyer by The London which is an institution to be marvelled at... when construction finishes it'll be the biggest in Europe.. (plus it's got HEMS... which, as students, you can get involved in) and somewhere that is treasured by the local population... East London has unique pathology that no other BRITISH medical school can offer... I'm sorry.. the emotion is too much... I've spoken to medic-friends of mine all over the country and i, we all, just get that feeelin of self-greatness that we have the best deal in all respects... you're an idiot if you're not considering BAARRRT's

Just... please.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXXXXXX

Haha love it, thanks so much for all of that. Barts does sound like THE place to be.

Just wanted to also ask, would you say the amount of PBL is just about 'right' in the course? I don't want too much PBL because some students from other unis have told me they hate how much PBL their course is. I want a course with majority lectures and a significant PBL. :-)
Original post by EmmaOB

Just... please.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXXXXXX

hey I was wondering if there are many barts graduates entering research (eg MRC)?
Reply 1955
Ugh, this wait is killing me. Good luck to those with interviews next week, hopefully they let the rest of us know soon, it'd suck to be rejected pre-interview at this stage in the game. :frown:
Reply 1956
Being rejected pre interview would suck :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1957
My friend got an interview for A100 at Barts a couple of weeks ago on the 29th jan.
do you think they've sent out all pre-interview rejections yet? I mean, they've had plenty of time...
Reply 1959
I just rang up the admissions office and they said that they could not tell me what the cutoff scores are, so I have no idea how people have managed to find this out.. I wouldn't trust them basically!
She just said that if you are still waiting to hear, they should be telling us within the next week so keep an eye on your emails.
I suppose it doesn't look so promising now that lots of people seem to have been given interviews already, but you never know!
I am a graduate going for the a101 course and got 2980 UKCAT.. hoping thats good enough although not feeling very optimistic right now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending