The Student Room Group

Best advice to get laid - for men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The_Dragonborn
He is right though. All these whiny guys trying to comment on girls' tastes in men, when in actual fact they complain because they are physically attracted to an attractive woman who does not reciprocate. Unless you have some kind of disability or condition (no, overeating and laziness are not conditions) that prevent you from enjoying the benefits of exercise and keeping fit, then pipe down.

a WHOLE lot of truth in that statement!
Reply 41
Original post by rachiriot
Attractiveness is subjective though. People rate different aspects of someone's appearance higher than others.

To an extent yeah but not a massive one. I mean some girl might claim she finds Joe Pasquale more attractive than Brad Pitt and she is entitled to her opinion of course but on the grand scheme of things it isn't a democracy. Brad Pitt is hotter end of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Starfisher
OP, I must disagree. It's all about confidence, chat and the status you emit. If girls perceive you to be a man in demand. Being well built will boost your confidence, but you'll only be shot down if you have a bad personality.

really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg

All about confidence huh? Look at that picture. Now look at it again.

Any ladies reading this, could you answer a question for me please?Imagine that guy in the picture was the most confident, dynamic, friendly, caring heroic person you know. Would you, ladies, go out with this man? And, considering this thread is about getting laid, would you bang him?

Any ladies reading this, could you answer a question for me please?Imagine that guy in the picture was the most confident, dynamic, friendly, caring heroic person you know. Would you, ladies, go out with this man? And, considering this thread is about getting laid, would you bang him?

:nah:
Original post by kr2rgg
Go to the gym and work out.
You will get women, not girls who like pretty boys that look like Justin Beiber who couldn't even protect themselves.

Get muscles, get lean, get fit, get hench. Women love these stuff and trust me, your confidence would increase so much.
Go to a club, you will get so much attention.
Go to a mall you will get them eyes gazing at you.Might not have a 10/10 face but still, you will have a 10/10 body. They will be DTF.

Bitches love a man.

That feel when you have a 10/10 body AND a 10/10 face :wink:

I think he was exaggerating to make the point clear that confidence plays a large role in attracting a girl (within reason). The point is that lots of people gain confidence from working out or dressing well; it's rarely their own personality with exception to their self-consciousness and lack of confidence that is the problem.
Original post by fidgetingmidget
I think he was exaggerating to make the point clear that confidence plays a large role in attracting a girl (within reason). The point is that lots of people gain confidence from working out or dressing well; it's rarely their own personality with exception to their self-consciousness and lack of confidence that is the problem.

Perhaps, but you see my point don't you? Fit girls want to bang fit guys. This thread is about getting laid, not relationships. In the long run/relationships, yes, personality does become more prevalent, but for a bang, let's face it, physical attractiveness is the number 1 factor.
Original post by SkinnyKat
:nah:

Thank you.
Reply 48
I like pretty faces more than muscle.
Perhaps, but you see my point don't you? Fit girls want to bang fit guys. This thread is about getting laid, not relationships. In the long run/relationships, yes, personality does become more prevalent, but for a bang, let's face it, physical attractiveness is the number 1 factor.

If you're talking about one night stands from clubs and whatnot, you're probably right. In something like a date or a flat party physical attraction is not as important, as you focus more on communication and a little less on appearance.
If you're talking about one night stands from clubs and whatnot, you're probably right. In something like a date or a flat party physical attraction is not as important, as you focus more on communication and a little less on appearance.

Look at that picture of the fat guy again. Come on, communication is not MORE important than physical appearance. In a date or a party, they are equally important.
SO if a man like that, was a smooth talker, interesting, sensitive, anything and everything a given woman likes in a man, would she take it to the next step? I really, really doubt it. Physical appearance is as important as personality - keeping fit and healthy shows that you care about yourself, and I think that is something that women do like to see in men.
Look at that picture of the fat guy again. Come on, communication is not MORE important than physical appearance. In a date or a party, they are equally important.
SO if a man like that, was a smooth talker, interesting, sensitive, anything and everything a given woman likes in a man, would she take it to the next step? I really, really doubt it. Physical appearance is as important as personality - keeping fit and healthy shows that you care about yourself, and I think that is something that women do like to see in men.

I didn't mean that it still wasn't the number one aspect, but it is a little less important than in clubs where it's simply not possible to judge somebody's personality/accent/non-physical factors. You can afford to be less attractive in the situations I named in relation to clubs.
Looks like our future is in the hands of a very insightful generation...
I didn't mean that it still wasn't the number one aspect, but it is a little less important than in clubs where it's simply not possible to judge somebody's personality/accent/non-physical factors. You can afford to be less attractive in the situations I named in relation to clubs.

You are right, but you certainly stand less of a chance if you are not physically attractive.
Reply 54
A lot of body building guy types are usually quote insecure. Some are ugly, probably been picked on as teens so decided to develop a muscular body. To be honest it's not attractive to body build. A guy who does exercise like running is attractive, they don't exercise to pretend to be alpha male, but becauset hey enjoy exercise. A lot of muscular men are not that fit, just muscular
I don't like overly muscly men
Original post by Pip123321
A lot of body building guy types are usually quote insecure. Some are ugly, probably been picked on as teens so decided to develop a muscular body. To be honest it's not attractive to body build. A guy who does exercise like running is attractive, they don't exercise to pretend to be alpha male, but becauset hey enjoy exercise. A lot of muscular men are not that fit, just muscular

True, extreme body builders can be self obsessed jerks and it's not even a look most women go for. But keeping toned and fit and slightly muscular is good. Running, swimming, cycling, etc is fine if weight lifting isn't your thing.
Reply 57
In some ways I agree with OP, but confidence also helps, girls in general, like a guy who can approach them and make them laugh:smile: personality is also important after the initial look over:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any respectable guy would not go to the gym or 'get hench' purely to attract women. Don't listen to this nonsense.

Best way to get a girl; pursue your true interests and passions, and don't follow what the rest of the sheep are doing.
This is the biggest bunch of crap I've read on this forum.

People who think that looks are the most important thing in a relationship are wrong - when you get older, you get wrinkles, you lose your hair and your teeth fall out. THE BASIS FOR A RELATIONSHIP SHOULD BE ON THE PERSON, NOT THE SHELL THEY'RE IN. Of course when you're at university it doesn't matter who you "get with" because they're just looking for a good time, and good on them. However, if we're talking about a RELATIONSHIP then you need to be YOURSELF. Rant over.

Quick Reply

Latest