The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

When do Imperial give out offers?

I am an international applicant and I applied prior to October 15th. But still no reply! When do you think they will either accept/reject me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by yhyungryul
I am an international applicant and I applied prior to October 15th. But still no reply! When do you think they will either accept/reject me?

Same situation here !!!
But I applied there in december, and still haven't heard back anything from them !! all other my choices have given me some interviews and replies,, except imperial
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I applied on the 19th December and I haven't heard anything yet
Reply 3
I applied before 15th of October and got conditional offer on 28th of November
Reply 4
Original post by yhyungryul

Original post by Guanyu
Same situation here !!!
But I applied there in december, and still haven't heard back anything from them !! all other my choices have given me some interviews and replies,, except imperial

Original post by Aniaa
I applied before 15th of October and got conditional offer on 28th of November

I also applied before the 15th and heard nothing back.
What subjects did you apply for?
Reply 5
Original post by caramelle

microbiology you?
Reply 6
Original post by Aniaa
microbiology you?

Computing
Reply 7
Computing

well, in my case Imperial was my back up choice since I applied for medicine so I guess they offered me a place so early since they know I anyway wont go there
Reply 8
If the course you're going for requires an interview, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until they let you know that you have one.

I applied for Computing on the 13th of October, got a letter informing me mid-November that I had an interview on 4/12, and got an offer 6 days after! I don't think they take too long after interviews to let people know whether they have offers or not.

If the course you're applying for doesn't require an interview then you haven't got an indicator of how far you are along the process, really.
Reply 9
Original post by CTArsenal
If the course you're going for requires an interview, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until they let you know that you have one.

I applied for Computing on the 13th of October, got a letter informing me mid-November that I had an interview on 4/12, and got an offer 6 days after! I don't think they take too long after interviews to let people know whether they have offers or not.

If the course you're applying for doesn't require an interview then you haven't got an indicator of how far you are along the process, really.

Congrats on the offer!
I know about the interview and I'm a little worried because someone from my school who has applied just 2-3 days before me has attended an interview today and I still haven't heard anything. :frown:
Reply 10
Congrats on the offer!
I know about the interview and I'm a little worried because someone from my school who has applied just 2-3 days before me has attended an interview today and I still haven't heard anything. :frown:

Thanks!

That's pretty odd, they have had a huge number of Computing applicants this year so don't worry too much - they rarely ever reject anyone pre-interview because they want to get to know their applicants and gauge how much they want to do the course.

They only have one more interview day for Computing and that's on the 12/02, good luck! Hopefully we'll both be there come October.
I've heard nothing from the Physics department at Imperial. If it helps, there is an 'Imperial 2014 applicants' page, scroll through the last like 4 pages, should find all the offer holders there. I don't think any rejections have been issued yet
Reply 12
Original post by CTArsenal
Thanks!

That's pretty odd, they have had a huge number of Computing applicants this year so don't worry too much - they rarely ever reject anyone pre-interview because they want to get to know their applicants and gauge how much they want to do the course.

They only have one more interview day for Computing and that's on the 12/02, good luck! Hopefully we'll both be there come October.

I'll keep hoping to get an interview then. I do hope to see you in October! :biggrin:
Original post by JoshBedford
I've heard nothing from the Physics department at Imperial. If it helps, there is an 'Imperial 2014 applicants' page, scroll through the last like 4 pages, should find all the offer holders there. I don't think any rejections have been issued yet

Rejections have been made; it's just that a lot haven't been posted on TSR.
Reply 14

I applied for chemistry with management,,,,
Original post by yl95
Rejections have been made; it's just that a lot haven't been posted on TSR.

I stand corrected. Just been asked for my module scores, so no idea whether I'm strong, weak or somewhere in the middle.
Reply 16
I applied a few weeks ago and got no email from them confirming that they has received my application...
Is that normal?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by TheBlueGuy
I applied a few weeks ago and got no email from them confirming that they has received my application...
Is that normal?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

well, sound reasonable. When i applied mine , they also replied at just about the same time. BTW Im applying for chemistry, and they sent a interview request, so nervous,, i HEARD someone said if u have a interview , means that u are 90% possible getting a place,, is that true ??? can anyone answer it..
Reply 18
Original post by Guanyu
well, sound reasonable. When i applied mine , they also replied at just about the same time. BTW Im applying for chemistry, and they sent a interview request, so nervous,, i HEARD someone said if u have a interview , means that u are 90% possible getting a place,, is that true ??? can anyone answer it..

Are you saying that it's normal not to hear back from them or not? I don't really understand your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by TheBlueGuy
Are you saying that it's normal not to hear back from them or not? I don't really understand your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know what the other poster was trying to say, but I can confirm that it's perfectly normal not to hear back from them. So don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending