The Student Room Group

Handling Cheating girlfriends,boyfriends, wives and husbands.

I have been cheated upon in the past and personally know many people both men and women who also had been cheated on. Contrary to poplar sayings; letting go and not seeking revenge it appears today is not the best course of action for many people. .Friends of mine who let go and try to move forward took a lot longer to heal and move on. People I know who planned revenge and one that was carefully executed and carried out appeared to get over their ordeal quicker and lead and had better and more rewarding relationships . What is the best course of action is hard to say at best, but I personally believe that the pumishment should fit the crime. Revenge like going to jail is a form of punishment. Maybe it is time that society take another look at this also.
Original post by brettsinclaire
I have been cheated upon in the past and personally know many people both men and women who also had been cheated on. Contrary to poplar sayings; letting go and not seeking revenge it appears today is not the best course of action for many people. .Friends of mine who let go and try to move forward took a lot longer to heal and move on. People I know who planned revenge and one that was carefully executed and carried out appeared to get over their ordeal quicker and lead and had better and more rewarding relationships . What is the best course of action is hard to say at best, but I personally believe that the pumishment should fit the crime. Revenge like going to jail is a form of punishment. Maybe it is time that society take another look at this also.

Surely if you take revenge on someone who has cheated on you then it only makes you as bad as them, always found the best type of revenge is completely ignoring that person and blocking them out of your life. Because then either karma bites them or they come running back and you then have the satisfaction of telling them where to go.
Original post by Rock Fan
Surely if you take revenge on someone who has cheated on you then it only makes you as bad as them, always found the best type of revenge is completely ignoring that person and blocking them out of your life. Because then either karma bites them or they come running back and you then have the satisfaction of telling them where to go.

This.

I got cheated on in the past. He did want me back a month later and I had started to pick myself up and told him to get lost. He did respond by sending me nasty messages and stalking me, I don't understand why because that plainly wasn't going to get me back..! But it actually helped me get over him quickly seeing him act like that even when I wasn't replying to him.
Plus I think he's failing uni etc so karma has got him back :smile:
When I moved on to someone new in August last year, the messages have almost stoped. I only get a random one every few months and they tend to be things like "oh I see you're now working at ____" "why have you made a new username?".. it is slightly creepy but it makes me feel good that his life is so pathetic that he's still stalking me a year after we broke up.

The world will get them back. No need to bother doing it yourself lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending