The Student Room Group

I've identified myself as greysexual, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
That's *******s. Why can't people just be content with being whatever the **** they are and not come up with stupid words for it?

I'm Tyraniopianosexual. Didn't you know? It means I'm attracted to dinosaurs playing the piano.

Why do you have to be so rude? If someone finds that a label helps them understand their sexuality, how is it hurting you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I used to, but I grew out of it.

No, it makes sense to me.

I think I've been one for a while, I just never realized it until it came to me that I've never found anyone sexually appealing. It was thanks to my thread about sex that I realized that I might be one.

Wait, aren't you the one who used to **** to anime characters but stopped because you thought they'd feel bad?
Reply 42
Original post by Odd socks
The don't just put 'tomato sauce' on it though, they have the ingredients too.

Where should people draw the line then? Do you feel people shouldn't identify themselves as asexual?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not all of the ingredients.
Original post by nohomo
I think the conclusion is there's a time and a place for labels.

If, say, you're writing an academic paper which uses a particular thing a lot, then a short, memorable label for that thing is probably best, rather than describing that thing every time.

I definitely agree with this, an academic paper would be a great place to utilise all of these labels. providing they have been defined. Using them in everyday conversations or in an attention-seeking AMA is just idiotic.
Why do you have to be so rude? If someone finds that a label helps them understand their sexuality, how is it hurting you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it's creating all these people who want to believe they're a special little snowflake. It's creating syndromes, issues, conditions and labels.

No one should bother labelling their sexuality. It's unnecessary anyway - sleep with who you want, and if you don't want, don't. There's no need to make up label after label.
Reply 44
Wait, aren't you the one who used to **** to anime characters but stopped because you thought they'd feel bad?

This may be one of the funniest things I have ever read.
Reply 45
Original post by Sparkle24
Really?
What's that? :smile:

I made it up. It's not a real thing.

I don't understand this need to label every damn thing :dontknow:

OP just sounds like a guy who is just asexual tbh and he contradicts himself a few times. He claims to desire sex sometimes in situations like love, but despises the female body, however he is straight. So what does he want then?

I think he's just trying to be different or something.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by alow
Not all of the ingredients.

You didn't answer my question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow
This may be one of the funniest things I have ever read.

I try my best :moon:

That was like years ago, I was a lot younger then.
Because it's creating all these people who want to believe they're a special little snowflake. It's creating syndromes, issues, conditions and labels.

No one should bother labelling their sexuality. It's unnecessary anyway - sleep with who you want, and if you don't want, don't. There's no need to make up label after label.

Doesn't really deserve you swearing at them though :/

So no-one at all should have a name for their sexuality? If someone asked you, you wouldn't say 'I'm straight' (or gay or bi, whichever applies)

I don't see the point in creating threads based around it for attention though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MylittlePlusle
That was like years ago, I was a lot younger then.

Still, it identifies a history of viewing all sex in an abnormal fashion. You appear to be obsessed, we had a long talk about your hatred of the female body where you claimed not to be asexual when you really do appear to be.
Reply 51
You didn't answer my question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I didn't see it :colondollar:

I think it's completely fine for people to identify and label themselves as asexual, as this is quite a broad definition which is widely used and understood.

I think we should draw the line at the point before we are subcategorising orientations.
Doesn't really deserve you swearing at them though :/

So no-one at all should have a name for their sexuality? If someone asked you, you wouldn't say 'I'm straight' (or gay or bi, whichever applies)

I don't see the point in creating threads based around it for attention though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you not read his other threads? If anything, he needs a good swear.

I don't think they should, actually. I think we should just sleep with our willing partners, or don't, and that should be the end of it. I see no reason for us to all bother with labels that divide and subdivide and make us all so different.

I'll agree with you there.
Still, it identifies a history of viewing all sex in an abnormal fashion. You appear to be obsessed, we had a long talk about your hatred of the female body where you claimed not to be asexual when you really do appear to be.

I'm not obsessed with anything, if I was obsessed with something I would be thinking about it all the time. And, yes I do dislike the female body right now, I think people look better covered up.
Reply 54
Do you wipe your bum in a downward or upward motion? Or both? :sexface:
Stop watching hentai mate.
Original post by alow
Sorry, I didn't see it :colondollar:

I think it's completely fine for people to identify and label themselves as asexual, as this is quite a broad definition which is widely used and understood.

I think we should draw the line at the point before we are subcategorising orientations.

No problem :smile: I was just interested to see your opinion.

That does make sense, i feel that if it helps someone to subcategorise it for themselves then that's fine, but they can't expect the general public to go along with it.

Can I ask your opinion on an asexual person stating what their romantic orientation is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by SkinnyKat
About your sexuality

There's really poor awareness about asexuality. I'm linking you to a website where there are people who can explain it a lot better than I do.
http://www.asexuality.org/home/
I've identified myself as a woman. I never know what I want :colone:
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Stop watching hentai mate.

I don't watch it.

Quick Reply

Latest