The Student Room Group

What's it like being in a relationship ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If you truly love someone, and they feel the same way, it is the most powerful connection you will ever experience. All the petty 'love' and relationships based on sex and lust are nothing, absolutely nothing, in comparison.
Like having a small child. Currently sat here stroking his head so he can go to sleep..
Original post by JennaEmBee
Like having a small child. Currently sat here stroking his head so he can go to sleep..

Hahahaha.That's awesome.Those kinds are the things I miss weirdly enough.

Oh well, I'm completely anti-relationships now. FWB / ONS is my motto for the next 30 years :redface:.
Original post by elpistolero7
Hahahaha.That's awesome.Those kinds are the things I miss weirdly enough.

Oh well, I'm completely anti-relationships now. FWB / ONS is my motto for the next 30 years :redface:.

He pretends to be so tough but he's a giant softie. To be honest if this relationship ended, I really wouldn't want another one for MANY years. Haven't been single for TEN YEARS!
Original post by IMBCFC
I have loved a girl before and it was great she was my world and I was happy when I was with her. But it didnt last long as we drifted apart. I just want to know what it's like being with someone who cares about you and loves you. Is your girlfriend like your best/special friend ? Can you tell her everything.

How does it differ from a friendship ?

Also how does it effect your friendship with your friends ? I mean sometimes you need some time with the "lads" and with the "girls"

Thank You

For me, it differs from friendship mainly on a physical level. There are female friends I could confide in to the same level as I do with my girlfriend, but I feel no physical attraction to them and that is where you experience the kind of intimacy only a proper relationship can offer.

As for your last point, you find time for both. It's important to make space for quality time with the missus, just the two of you, but it's also just as important not to forget your friends. Of course, there'll be times when the two cross over, but it's certainly possible, and healthy, to make for time with both.
Original post by xForeverx
If you truly love someone, and they feel the same way, it is the most powerful connection you will ever experience. All the petty 'love' and relationships based on sex and lust are nothing, absolutely nothing, in comparison.

Would agree with that.
He pretends to be so tough but he's a giant softie. To be honest if this relationship ended, I really wouldn't want another one for MANY years. Haven't been single for TEN YEARS!

Wow, that's a long time, I can totally see why you wouldn't want to be in another relationship anytime soon in that scenario. Wait how old are you if you've been in a relationship that long (sorry for being nosy, bad habit).

Mine was a high school thing, from 16 to 19, great times for the most part, but it ended with her cheating , so now I have a FWB with a girl at work in my gap year. Horrid idea as there are clearly feelings there on both ends. :redface:
She screwed me up bad, the ex :lol:. Really don't think I'll be in a relationship anytime soon or at uni.
Reply 47
Original post by Midlander
Would agree with that.

I'm glad someone understands. :h:
Wow, that's a long time, I can totally see why you wouldn't want to be in another relationship anytime soon in that scenario. Wait how old are you if you've been in a relationship that long (sorry for being nosy, bad habit).

Mine was a high school thing, from 16 to 19, great times for the most part, but it ended with her cheating , so now I have a FWB with a girl at work in my gap year. Horrid idea as there are clearly feelings there on both ends. :redface:
She screwed me up bad, the ex :lol:. Really don't think I'll be in a relationship anytime soon or at uni.

I'm 23. Been with my boyfriend since 14. It has flown by. Really doesn't feel like almost 9 years! I was with another boy for about 9 months before I left him for my boyfriend so I was 13 when I was single last hah. Sorry your ex cheated, that sucks :frown: but better things are on their way...
It's the best thing ever! :smile:
My girlfriend is amazing, I love her so much. We tell each other everything and she's my best friend. Meeting her was the best thing I've ever done.
Reply 50
Overrated.

^.
Original post by m93100
Something is off about you...

Such as? :lol:
I'm 23. Been with my boyfriend since 14. It has flown by. Really doesn't feel like almost 9 years! I was with another boy for about 9 months before I left him for my boyfriend so I was 13 when I was single last hah. Sorry your ex cheated, that sucks :frown: but better things are on their way...

Wooooah. That's pretty amazing. I thought you might be closer to 30 or something given the length of the relationship, its pretty cool that yours has been going on since you guys were so young.

Haha it happens, I'm sort of over it now, and enjoying single life (for many years to come too, it seems :redface:)
Reply 53
Original post by tehFrance
Feel as you wish, I'm not bothered by your feelings towards my actions, all that matters is that I love her and will do anything for her, I just, sometimes like to be with other women, if anything, it makes the relationship stronger.

This guy ahahahahaha! 'it makes the relationship stronger' was my personal favourite line.
Must be a troll making it up, no bellend is that harsh, and then openly admits it online to loads of strangers hahaha absolute tool.
Reply 54
Original post by OceanGlider101
Why don't you tell us then? Just because you love someone doesn't mean they are going to return it.

If you've hardly been with a girl, you can't actually love her.
Lust, having a crush, really liking and wanting to bone her is how it starts off and you're so so so happy etc, then after a while you fall in love and then realise it.
I'm not just randomly saying this, just celebrated my 5 year anniversary with the misses and I'm only 21! Trust me, you think you know what love is until you've reached at least a year, then they're your whole world!
*cue the violins*
Reply 55
Such as? :lol:

I don't know you at all, but something is seriously off about you :smile:
Original post by xForeverx
I'm glad someone understands. :h:

For me, sex is the only way I can come close to showing my girlfriend how I feel about her-that to me is when you know it's the real deal.
Reply 57
It's great but sometimes they decide to cheat on you/string you along when they get bored, or ****-test you to prove how much of a man you are
I like to think relationships are like really bad banks.

You invest endless amounts of emotion in them to get nothing back and ultimately left with nothing.
She's my everything but there are times when I'm away from her and contact isn't kept due to working schedules which leads me to go to a bar with some friends and then it just happens, purely sexual, I make the effort to not use real names and form any kind of emotional connection as I truly do love my OH, it's just sometimes, I enjoy different pastures :lol:

I don't feel guilty and I wouldn't no, it's different for a guy to cheat as men are, by design, meant to spread their seed whereas women aren't. Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

I hope she finds out one day.:frown: Poor woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending