The Student Room Group

What are your parents rules on sleeping with boyfriend/girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

It's never come up :p: I don't like having people round my house anyway because mum cracks out the family album, dad rants about global warming and how much he loves Jesus, and they're both just generally really socially awkward. Besides, I only have a single bed in my room with half the springs broken, it's the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on in the world :dontknow:
Reply 21
I've never actually brought anyone home, I had never been in a relationship before I left home at 18, and have't been since I moved back. However, my family - particularly my Dad and I - are very open about sex, and my brother has been bringing his girlfriend back since he was 17, and that's never been a problem. Would I actually want to have sex in the same house as my parents? Probably not! Never been an issue for me as in my only relationship, we both had our own places.
It's never been brought up.. Though we're usually quiet :wink:
Original post by bingbashbosh
It's never been brought up.. Though we're usually quiet :wink:

I bet you aren't :wink:
Reply 24
At my house, separate rooms, then again I have 2 very influential younger sisters. At her house, I can sleep in the same room, but on a different bed (Most likely because the bed's too small) She's got an older sister and a younger brother. But when we're alone none of them miiind :biggrin:
My parents are slightly iffy with people staying over. Probably because they were open to it to begin with then I dated a jerk who stayed over on new years and got into an argument with them..
I am allowed anyone to stay over whenever I like but they do tend to go into protective mode when someone is in the house.
Original post by ilex_noemi
I bet you aren't :wink:

I bet I am :wink:
Don't really talk about it and wouldn't consider bringing a girl back home to asian parents... just really awkward. Would do whatever at uni though.
My parents were fine with it and her dad was. The problem was her mum... she wouldn't let us stay in the same room until her dad convinced her.
My parents strictly say no - i've been with my boyfriend three and a half years and although I'm 17 and he's 18, he was only allowed in my room two months ago! and the door has to be open

makes no sense because we just booked a holiday to portugal and a holiday with all our friends , and i've been sleeping in his bed at his house since he was 16 , but my parents don't explicitly know that (although they're not dumb so)

i think it's just because i'm the baby of the family , only daughter with an older brother who is a general disappointment :tongue: he's 21 and was only allowed around three months ago to sleep with his girlfriend in his bed (who is my age... the logic)

idk , easier just to let it go in the end , especially as i have a single bed that squeaks loads - i just prefer to sleep at my boyfriend's on the weekends in his double bed where his mum is super relaxed about everything
Original post by Vixen47
:dontknow:

They're Muslim. I'm not. I've probably slept with more people than they have and they have no idea. :ninja: They don't even speak about sex in front of me or my siblings, let alone lay any boundaries -- they still think I'm Muslim and in thinking this comes the assumption that I'm doing the best I can to follow the religion, meaning not having sex.

I can basically do whatever I want as long as they are entirely unaware of it. :h:

LOL this is the story of my life! except my dads muslim and moms christian
Reply 31
...why would my parents forbid me from having sex? even if I was underage - why? for what purpose? for the risks of STIs or pregnancy? it's their job (or it was when I was younger) to educate me about these things and if they don't do that properly then that's their problem. human beings past the age of puberty (~13) have inevitable and natural sexual urges. it's not my problem, it's my species'.
Original post by iamintorture
Wow. How old are you and how many u slept with? Well done you for living life the way you want to and not letting them dictate what's right and wrong. Any regrets at all?

I'm 19. There's been quite a few, and only one wasn't a regret.
Reply 33
No anal before 11.
Reply 34
Original post by Jelephant
It's never come up :p: I don't like having people round my house anyway because mum cracks out the family album, dad rants about global warming and how much he loves Jesus, and they're both just generally really socially awkward. Besides, I only have a single bed in my room with half the springs broken, it's the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on in the world :dontknow:

Have you graduated Edinburgh uni yet? How do you/did you find your experience there?
Original post by nohomo
Have you graduated Edinburgh uni yet? How do you/did you find your experience there?

Very relevant questions there
Original post by nohomo

Original post by manchesterunited15
Very relevant questions there

Yeah, stop hijacking my thread.
Reply 37
Yeah, stop hijacking my thread.

Ok

I replied to your other thread on being a bitch.
Original post by nohomo
Ok

I replied to your other thread on being a bitch.

Oi! I hope that's not a subtle dig.
Reply 39
I'm 18 and my mum still makes us sleep in separate bedrooms when we're over hers. My dad's fine with us sharing though, he just always leaves a bag of condoms in the drawer when I'm around his which is a bit awkward but at least he's not being funny about it. What about your parents??

My parents generally don't like guest to stay over at their house as they have lots of work-sensitive documents about.

My MiL didn't really care from the first time I was at their house, my missus just ushered me into the room which was her room and that was that. Was 17 then and she was 18/19.......stayed there for a good 2 weeks too.

With my own kids, I generally hold a fairly liberal and independent approach of you got to make your own decisions. In regard to having boys over, I told my eldest she should bring her boyfriend over so we could get to know him, she was 15/16 then. Staying over was shortly after that though I did tell him he should at least make sure his mum knows where he is and he shouldn't do anything his parents don't approve off.

Quick Reply

Latest