The Student Room Group

How much do you use Apple iBooks to study?

Poll

How much do you use Apple iBooks to study?

In today's Telegraph, there's an article reporting on Apple's education push around the globe. I've seen some threads on TSR where people say they still use paper based text books. I wondered, how much do you use Apple's iBooks specifically to study?

See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/10587198/Apple-announces-global-education-push.html
Precisely never, truth be told. I use google books regularly, but they're free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Never used them in my life. Didn't even know they were a thing. Never used an iPad in my life either.
Never, and I know nobody who does. They're too expensive and always too behind the curve.

There are alot of ebooks I do use though, ranging from uni provided journals I put on my Ipad to free books that you can get through apps that provide anything out of copyright.
Reply 4
Original post by Captain Jack
In today's Telegraph, there's an article reporting on Apple's education push around the globe. I've seen some threads on TSR where people say they still use paper based text books. I wondered, how much do you use Apple's iBooks specifically to study?

See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/10587198/Apple-announces-global-education-push.html

If i had a tablet i'd use online books but buying one is a low priority and i'm content with textbooks.
Reply 5
I'm curious because there are reports of schools increasingly using tablets in classes. I do read a lot of ebooks using Kindle on my iphone and ipad. But when it comes to books I'm using for research or study, I want to write in them and put markers in corners for easy reference. I know ebooks do allow this but it's not the same to me at the moment. I was wondering if it's just habit, i.e. if people in schools and uni are more used to it, do they have a different habit it to me and should I just persevere to change my habit.
Reply 6
Original post by Captain Jack
I'm curious because there are reports of schools increasingly using tablets in classes. I do read a lot of ebooks using Kindle on my iphone and ipad. But when it comes to books I'm using for research or study, I want to write in them and put markers in corners for easy reference. I know ebooks do allow this but it's not the same to me at the moment. I was wondering if it's just habit, i.e. if people in schools and uni are more used to it, do they have a different habit it to me and should I just persevere to change my habit.

I think it depends on what mediums you like to use. A phone is too small and a PC (no idea why people get laptops but i do like to play games) is not portable and i tend to procrastinate when on it. For those who have a tablet or laptop and can go somewhere i imagine it is much more convenient to read the virtual form.
I use it to send PDF exam papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending