The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HJaved1195
Hi fellow applicants, just joined the TSR.:smile:

Firstly, congratulations to all you guys with offers, you must have done great at your interview and I'm sure your offers are well deserved:smile:

I had my kings interview 16th Jan, last Thursday 10.20 and have to say it was a pleasure to even be considered for an interview even if I don't get an offer I know I gave it my all. Kings has always been my favourite university and my first choice, the campus is brilliant and the teaching I've heard is of a great quality especially since it is linked with leading hospitals in Europe.

My interviewers were absolutely lovely ladies, really made me feel at ease and were extremely nice. Now for the long wait, not too long I hope, I really want to know whether I'll get an offer so I can withdraw from my upcoming interviews, firm kings and concentrate on my A levels.:colone:

Good luck to you all and hope you hear some good news soon:biggrin:

I was sitting next to you at the interview I think! (I may have peeked at your interview email while looking at my iPad, recognise the name!) I got my offer today so fingers crossed yours is coming soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2901
Original post by Gog101
Anyone else who had an interview during the first week of December still waiting? Had my interview on the 3rd and haven't heard a word since, haven't been asked to upload my passport.

Same! Had mine the 5th, although I gave photocopies at the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
I was sitting next to you at the interview I think! (I may have peeked at your interview email while looking at my iPad, recognise the name!) I got my offer today so fingers crossed yours is coming soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello again, yes I do remember, you were looking at your ipad. Wow! Congratulations you must have aced the interview, WELL DONE:smile: Really pleased for you, I bet you nearly fainted (that's how I would feel) when you heard back! I can't believe you heard so soon, I'll be checking my portal every minute now. You've certainly given me some hope:biggrin:

Once again, well done:biggrin:
Original post by tomble123
Still waiting since October 27th!

Is this for medicine ? (Sorry ur previous post has been about politics offer from QM so was a bit confused )
If it is about medicine are u a graduate ? Jus wondering coz they interviewed mostly graduates ( most of them if not all were kings graduates ) on and around 27th october ... Obviously i can be wrong but if ur a graduate ... I havent seen any graduates who have applied to a100 get an offer if they have had an interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tee Logan x
Indeed I can but tbh now i need to work like mad for my exams- the offer has motivated me :tongue:

Are you a reapplicant?
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Are you a reapplicant?

Nope :smile:
Does anybody have any idea if Kings has sent invites over to international applicants? I have a UKCAT Score of 770 band 3 and i am still waiting....
Reply 2907
Original post by pneumothorax
Does anybody have any idea if Kings has sent invites over to international applicants? I have a UKCAT Score of 770 band 3 and i am still waiting....

They're not being very systematic at all. There have been internationals with 800+ and 740 who have interviews. Just got to wait! (I'm international too and I'm still waiting too so I feel your pain)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franngu
They're not being very systematic at all. There have been internationals with 800+ and 740 who have interviews. Just got to wait! (I'm international too and I'm still waiting too so I feel your pain)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, did somebody around 740 get an interview, i was worried the cutoff had gone way above my score, i really cannot understand why so much delay, btw whats your score?
Offer yday! Had my interview last week + didn't think it went amazingly so there's hope for all!
Reply 2910
Original post by Anonymiss_x
Offer yday! Had my interview last week + didn't think it went amazingly so there's hope for all!

Congratulations:biggrin: you obviously aced it:smile:

You'll be getting even more PM's now asking for information on the interview:tongue:
Reply 2911
Hey Guys,

Congrats to everyone with offers, and good luck to people with Interviews!

Does anybody know if King's is giving out more interviews? And did anybody get rejected yet?

This is the most annoying thing I have experienced.
Gave up patience just called surprising they picked up the phone I called 02078487964 ( I can't remember if this is their new number or old one ) ... They said it shouldn't be too long now ...for December candidates ; they are working through in chronological order and reviewing interview scores ... ( obviously I didn't give my Ucas number Lolz ) .... Not too many left to go through ( I guess there will be massive chunk of offers / rejections)
Well they said they can't say a date but I said what about first couple of weeks of February .., they said that is realistic .... But no promises ( obviously) .... So yea I hope this helps
Please that is all I know .....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2913
Original post by Anonymiss_x

Congratulations!! What time did it come through?
Original post by hello101
Gave up patience just called surprising they picked up the phone I called 02078487964 ( I can't remember if this is their new number or old one ) ... They said it shouldn't be too long now ...for December candidates ; they are working through in chronological order and reviewing interview scores ... ( obviously I didn't give my Ucas number Lolz ) .... Not too many left to go through ( I guess there will be massive chunk of offers / rejections)
Well they said they can't say a date but I said what about first couple of weeks of February .., they said that is realistic .... But no promises ( obviously) .... So yea I hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh please! "That is all I know..."

You are sooo useful :smile: I'd be too scared they'd ask for my UCAS ID lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2915
Original post by HJaved1195
Hi fellow applicants, just joined the TSR.:smile:

Firstly, congratulations to all you guys with offers, you must have done great at your interview and I'm sure your offers are well deserved:smile:

I had my kings interview 16th Jan, last Thursday 10.20 and have to say it was a pleasure to even be considered for an interview even if I don't get an offer I know I gave it my all. Kings has always been my favourite university and my first choice, the campus is brilliant and the teaching I've heard is of a great quality especially since it is linked with leading hospitals in Europe.

My interviewers were absolutely lovely ladies, really made me feel at ease and were extremely nice. Now for the long wait, not too long I hope, I really want to know whether I'll get an offer so I can withdraw from my upcoming interviews, firm kings and concentrate on my A levels.:colone:

Good luck to you all and hope you hear some good news soon:biggrin:

Hey I was there waiting, had my interview similar time. Good luck to you too, hope we hear soon.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for calling them - I'm going crazy waiting for a reply (Dec10th) and I have a feeling I'll be rejected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

So erm, I called up too.
And apparently they are interviewing all the way to the end of March.... I think the safe conclusion we can draw from this is....we really don't know what's going on. :'(
Original post by franngu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by pneumothorax
Wow, did somebody around 740 get an interview, i was worried the cutoff had gone way above my score, i really cannot understand why so much delay, btw whats your score?

I literally feel like running into a brick wall.
Original post by Obaidiio
You may have accidently clicked on the flag when you were inbox which prioritises the message and it and brings it to your homepage. Just click on the red flag to remove the message from your homepage :smile:

Oh yeah I had done, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest