The Student Room Group

Best advice to get laid - for men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Looks, confidence, charm, you know how it goes.. make sure you can dress well as well I see enough man just walking round with some really tight t-shirt on and a terrible combination of clothes in a club.
Reply 81
Original post by snowyowl
Does this work for girls? If they have average faces but hot bodies, are they "attractive" overall?

Yes, but I think it's harder for girls because you can't change your body as such.
One single tip to getting laid: confidence. It doesn't matter how much muscle you have - if you have no confidence, you won't get anywhere. Take this from someone who weighs 99kg and is a muscle head.
How can I start to put muscle on and get a good body?
I'm 6ft 2 and skinny, I have a little muscle, I just get demotivated at the gym though I have no qualms going, what should I do to start?
Women are attracted to the classic V Shape body - greater musculature on the upper body and a narrow pelvis with little waist
http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201207/which-body-shapes-are-most-sexually-attractive
and, of course, personality is important too.
yeah if you say so.

Ive never lifted weights in my life and had no problem with women,

ive got a gorgeous gf who thinks im sexy as anything - and thats good enough for me
Original post by Black Cat
This advice is pretty crap going to the gym will help but you will not instantly get women when you're ripped.

Still, being lean is helpful and you often feel more confident about it.

Ppl advocating pro small, thoughts on the guy below?
Gay_Bear_Mechanic.jpg
Original post by AnJuM218
Yeah at least there's hope for us unattractive guys as long as we can work on a killer body.

My height would work well with it (6'2) but I'm just a lazy bastard. I'm too lazy for women too, to the point where my mates say I'm asexual.

I think being tall is much more important than being 'hench' or whatever the term is. Girls are always saying (either to me specifically, or sometimes I overhear them) that they really want a boyfriend who's taller than them, or they wouldn't go out with with so-and-so because he's too short. Yet I have never come across a girl who has said she wants a muscular guy. Height is more important. And most guys know this really - that's why they all lie about their height.
I can't believe a girl would rather go out with a guy who's so insecure he has to go to the gym to make himself attractive than say, a guy who is basically in good(ish) shape but relaxed and confident in himself.
Original post by keromedic

Gay_Bear_Mechanic.jpg

I've got girlfriends who like that type of body although personally it does nothing for me. Tom Hardy vs Christian Bale (aka Bane vs Batman) is always a good discussion :biggrin:

Original post by Debonair W
I can't believe a girl would rather go out with a guy who's so insecure he has to go to the gym to make himself attractive than say, a guy who is basically in good(ish) shape but relaxed and confident in himself.

It's not about being insecure, I go to the gym and I'm not insecure. It's about keeping fit. And why does it have to be one or the other? Can't they be secure/confident AND fit?
Reply 90
Best advice to get laid for men: stop trying.
If you're superficial, go for it.

It's just a silly game, though.
Reply 92
OP, has opened up my eyes... :nothing:
Reply 93
Original post by xsindy

This! It's easy to fish out someone desperate.
Original post by keromedic

Gay_Bear_Mechanic.jpg

That's pretty gross in my opinion and I'm 28!
Being as stereotypically manly as possible does not equal more attraction. The attraction that women have for men tends to be a little complicated and can be enhanced by the behaviour he shows to her. No man whatever he looked like can pull if he's pushing the "I want to have sex with you" vibe too strongly and too soon.
I prefer more chic, elegant and subtle men. Even in a purely sexual way.
Reply 95
Original post by xsindy

And also, to everyone, never listen to female advice. That is like the last resort you should ever take.
Truth is, females have no idea what they want which is why they end up friendzoning a lot of guys but funny enough they get with them if the guy knows what he is doing.

If a female tells you she doesn't like muscly men, that is a complete lie. Most of the time their perception is a body builder. A lot of people cannot even reach this as it takes years of hard work and excellent diet.
Reply 96
Original post by Debonair W
I think being tall is much more important than being 'hench' or whatever the term is. Girls are always saying (either to me specifically, or sometimes I overhear them) that they really want a boyfriend who's taller than them, or they wouldn't go out with with so-and-so because he's too short. Yet I have never come across a girl who has said she wants a muscular guy. Height is more important. And most guys know this really - that's why they all lie about their height.

This is actually completely true. A guy who is tall i.e. 6"1 and taller, he can actually get a girl with ease.
It is a lot more difficult for guys that are 5"9 and below.
Original post by kr2rgg
And also, to everyone, never listen to female advice. That is like the last resort you should ever take.
Truth is, females have no idea what they want which is why they end up friendzoning a lot of guys but funny enough they get with them if the guy knows what he is doing.

If a female tells you she doesn't like muscly men, that is a complete lie. Most of the time their perception is a body builder. A lot of people cannot even reach this as it takes years of hard work and excellent diet.

We're called women. Not females. Honestly.
What a lot of 'nice' guys lack is the ability to flirt intelligently and cause sexual tension (and social problems in general). Acting like a friend will result in you being treated like a friend. A lot of the time the looks alone aren't the problem unless extreme obesity/deformity/bonyness.

Some average looking men can have a lot of success with women because they have the gift of the gab and they are completely charming and flirtatious in a way that is flattering rather than overtly sexual and creepy.

I personally prefer a slim/average built guy over a man who looks ripped and cut. It just looks a bit try hard if you're too meticulous about your appearance. Any guy who LOOKS like he's making an effort to pull girls is severely unattractive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 98
in a way I agree that taller guys are more attractive but if they're too skinny it just cancels out.. I prefer a guy with a bit of muscle who's averageish height (around 6ft1) I do not like it if guys are skinny it's just not attractive to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since when does an attractive body make up for an unattractive face lol?
I have never heard any of my friends say 'He is not that good looking but he has a banging body', however I have heard 'He's not that great looking but he's funny/nice/fun to be around'.
Having nice arms might get you a few looks in the club and maybe a bum squeeze, but going to the gym is not the answer to getting 'laid' lol.

Quick Reply

Latest