Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jargogle

26 films there. How many can you name?

I counted 25?
Reply 9141
Original post by danny111
I counted 25?

Just rewatched and counted 26. In your original list there's a film between Apocalypse Now and Casablanca which you'll probably know.
Original post by Prandtl
21. Was fine all the way to N but then it went downhill. How'd you do?

I only got 12. These are the ones I got:

Apocalypse Now
B
Casablanca
Dark Knight, the
E.T.
F
G
Harry Potter
I
Jungle Book
Kill Bill
L
Matrix, the
N
O
Planet of the Apes
Queen, the
R
Scarface
T
U
V
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
X
Y
Z
Reply 9143
What I managed:

Spoiler

Original post by Prandtl
Just rewatched and counted 26. In your original list there's a film between Apocalypse Now and Casablanca which you'll probably know.

What? No way!

And lol facepalm even more, I didn't even realize it's the whole alphabet. I guess that makes guessing a little easier though :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Prandtl

Oh that race thing with the count thing? No I don't know that.
Reply 9146
What? No way!

And lol facepalm even more, I didn't even realize it's the whole alphabet. I guess that makes guessing a little easier though :smile:

It took me till about J to realise too :tongue:
What? No way!

Original post by Prandtl
It took me till about J to realise too :tongue:

I'd have thought that the fact that I mentioned there were 26 of them would have made you realise straight away that it was the alphabet in films.
Reply 9148

If QT wanted to carry on making the films he has he'd be able to find another producer to work with. The whole Weinstein thing reeks of legitimising his anti-gun, Oscar bait film. Can't see it being a lasting thing.

Slightly unrelated but QT's just dropped his latest script after a leak, although it could just be a temporary tantrum. Hopefully he goes off and writes a rom-com or something.

Good review - probably one of the best you've written.
The motif of "excess" running riot to such an extent that it's literally manifested in the feature film length is a great way of looking at it.

The review was good enough to make me want to watch it so I'll add it to my (already lengthy :sigh:) "films to watch" list.

Great review. I like the ending (I'm a sucker for good quotes) and that picture you chose. I don't know what it is, the expression in his face, the way his mouth is turned, or the one arm in the air with the other casually in his pocket (it seems at least), love it.

I didn't know Leo had killer moves! He really did step out his comfort zone for this film :mmm:
Original post by Iamyourfather

I didn't know Leo had killer moves! He really did step out his comfort zone for this film :mmm:

No way!

I swear one member of TSR has had this scene or one very close to it as a gif in their signature for months and months. The movie came out not long ago. How is that possible?!?!?!
No way!

I swear one member of TSR has had this scene or one very close to it as a gif in their signature for months and months. The movie came out not long ago. How is that possible?!?!?!

Me too - I thought it was either fake or taken from The Great Gatsby, or something.

The gif was likely to have been taken from its pre-released footage.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Iamyourfather
Me too - I thought it was either fake or taken from The Great Gatsby, or something.

The gif was likely to have been taken from its pre-released footage.

Yes, I also thought Great Gatsby but I haven't seen either film, but I think it's Wolf isn't it?
Yes, I also thought Great Gatsby but I haven't seen either film, but I think it's Wolf isn't it?

:yep:
Has Jonah Hill made a successful transition to a mature actor now? Moneyball, Wolf of Wall Street pretty good roles. I mean he still seems to do mostly comedy, but like he appears more than some other young actors that were in teen movies to be more sophisticated.

He was only paid £36k pre tax for his role in Wolf of Wall Street.

Guy was doing it just to work with Scorsese. Looks like he's trying to at least get some work in more serious films.
Original post by cambo211
He was only paid £36k pre tax for his role in Wolf of Wall Street.

Guy was doing it just to work with Scorsese. Looks like he's trying to at least get some work in more serious films.

What?!?!?!?!

And why would Scorsese take someone for essentially nothing? Like wouldn't he want the right actor, not a cheap actor?
What?!?!?!?!

And why would Scorsese take someone for essentially nothing? Like wouldn't he want the right actor, not a cheap actor?

It's the amount they offered him apparently and he jumped at the chance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/25857953
Original post by cambo211
It's the amount they offered him apparently and he jumped at the chance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/25857953

Interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest