The Student Room Group

Tesco Graduate Scheme

I have applied for a Tesco Graduate Scheme but when I try to access the situational judgement test I receive a message saying URL error. I have withdraw and submitted a new application 3 times and I still keep getting the same message. I have emailed support but they are very slow at replying/have not gave me any useful advice.

I was just wondering if anyone else who had applied had the same issue?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by schoolgirl1992
I have applied for a Tesco Graduate Scheme but when I try to access the situational judgement test I receive a message saying URL error. I have withdraw and submitted a new application 3 times and I still keep getting the same message. I have emailed support but they are very slow at replying/have not gave me any useful advice.

I was just wondering if anyone else who had applied had the same issue?

Hi schoolgirl1992

That sounds very frustrating!

How long ago did you email them? Have you looked for a phone contact on the site?

You could try using a different browser to apply, but it might not look too good if you keep applying and withdrawing. Perhaps you should give it another week then contact them again.
Reply 2
Passed the telephone interview for the store management scheme.
Anyone else got a work sample in the new year? :smile:
Reply 3
Has anybody applied to the telecoms programme?
Reply 4
Original post by lostinlost2
Passed the telephone interview for the store management scheme.
Anyone else got a work sample in the new year? :smile:

Congratulations on reaching the Assessment Centre. I am currently on the Store Graduate Programme so feel free to message me if you have any questions! Dave
Reply 5
Original post by dlewis50
Congratulations on reaching the Assessment Centre. I am currently on the Store Graduate Programme so feel free to message me if you have any questions! Dave

Not made it to the assessment centre yet.
Still got a store appreciation visit. Which I assume is me seeing a store and the operations behind running a store? If so then that's should be fine as I've worked in the store environment for the last 4 years :smile: and love it!

Also expecting an interview/chat with the store manager which will be interesting and I'll prepare for questions to ask.

Thank you for the offer to answer questions :smile: I may take you up on the offer soon:smile:
Reply 6
Hi! I did mine two weeks ago. When I was doing my reasoning test (the one that follows judgemental test if you are successful at this stage), my internet connection stopped in the beginning. When I contacted tesco graduate, I didn't got any reply however when I contacted shl by phone they solved it within an hour.
Reply 7
What scheme did you apply for? I'm applying for the buying one
Reply 8
Has anyone recently did their verbal test? Once I've completed the test, i got an email saying: your written application will now be reviewed by one member of our recruitment team. Does this mean I've passed the test? Also, if I did pass, what's the next to come? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Jane89
Has anyone recently did their verbal test? Once I've completed the test, i got an email saying: your written application will now be reviewed by one member of our recruitment team. Does this mean I've passed the test? Also, if I did pass, what's the next to come? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like you passed IMO. (Just checked my emails. Yes. I got that when I passed)
After that stage it's a telephone interview which you should get emailed about very soon, probably Monday.
Reply 10
thanks, thats great then if I passed the verbal test.

I'm quite nervous about the phone interview. how many days did you get between their email and the actual interview to prepare for it? was it hard? what kind of questions were you asked please?
Original post by Jane89
thanks, thats great then if I passed the verbal test.

I'm quite nervous about the phone interview. how many days did you get between their email and the actual interview to prepare for it? was it hard? what kind of questions were you asked please?

Planing planing planing. Enough planing and you will be fine :smile:
Don't spend one day doing it, spend a few days if not more. Talk out load in a room empty. Listen to your voice, sound confident.

I think it was reasonably tough the interview but if you've planned enough than you should be okay in my opinion.

Note this was the first ever telephone interview that I've ever done! So I did a lot of research and probably spent a whole week thinking about tesco non stop lol

I love tesco :smile: :redface:

P.s. Answered some stuff via PM.
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone waiting for an email from the graduate team about the store appreciation visits?
Reply 13
I was invited for a telephone interview however when I booked my appointment I got an assessment centre appointment.
I believe internal applications are treated slightly differently. either my personal manager gave them a good feedback or it's due to a technical error.
Reply 14
I've been invited for a telephone interview too, but when I try to book my appointment, the page is completely blank/empty. I emailed them for help three days ago but no reply yet. Anyone had the same trouble? I'm hope there isn't a time limit on when I have to book my interview by! Eeek.
Reply 15
Been invited to an assessment centre for the telecoms programme on 20th Feb at the De Vere Ponsbourne Park Hotel. Decided to book a room there to save travelling in the morning! Anyone else done/doing this?
Reply 16
it was a technical error and I have booked for a telephone interview on the 4th of feb
Reply 17
Original post by Carmench91
I've been invited for a telephone interview too, but when I try to book my appointment, the page is completely blank/empty. I emailed them for help three days ago but no reply yet. Anyone had the same trouble? I'm hope there isn't a time limit on when I have to book my interview by! Eeek.

it just means they are no slots available for you at the moment
but, they normally add some more slots usually on Monday evening
I've got the assessment centre in March 3-12th sometime. Don't know what day yet.

Kinda excited :eek:
Reply 19
good luck

Quick Reply

Latest