The Student Room Group

Msc Occupational Therapy (pre-reg) applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Barson87
Hi Blondyx

Ah that's such a relief thanks for letting me know! I thought that was a little too much to ask for a masters level.

Well hearing that yours was 500 makes me think I should shorten mine down even more! They did say they want a succinct personal statement so you've probably done the right thing. Mine is now 900 after I deleted some stuff last night, may try to delete a bit more tonight though. It's so difficult though as I feel that I have to mention all the stuff to get my point across!

Yes I've applied for southbank too. I'm based in London and these are the only two there unfortunately. I've submitted that application already.

How about you?

I was relieved aswell! I was wondering whether I would have the time.

Yeah it is difficult. Might be wise to read other peoples statements online. They have quite a few of you search on google. I can read it for you if you like?

Ah ok that will be good for you then. I live in berkshire, takes about 30 mins to get to paddington on the train. I waa thinking of southbank but think the train fare would be too much money everyday tbh. I don't know where else to apply :-(

Did you shadow OT's l?
Reply 41
Hi all

Thanks for starting the thread :smile:

I'm 30 and planning a change of career from marketing to OT. I've applied for the Msc in LSBU and have fingers and toes crossed for an interview as I have virtually no OT experience. I've been volunteering at a special needs charity for a year and did a day of shadowing with an OT so here's hoping that's enough.

My friend started in September 2013 and her placement begins today. The course sounds intense but it seems to be flying by for her. I've only applied for South Bank which is risky but I really want to stay in London.

Best of luck everyone!
Reply 42
Thank you OTLaura! :smile:
Reply 43
Hi does anyone know when the closing date for Msc OT is to be able to stand a chance of getting a place on the course to start sept 2014?
Reply 44
Its depends on the university you are interested in applying to. It varies from university to university.
Reply 45
Hey guys! Anyone heard back from LSBU?
Reply 46
Hey Purds88, I have an interview for LSBU on Monday 3rd Feb. I am trying to get in touch with them though as the email I received has 2 conflicting times in it! I have emailed back but no reply and calling didn't work either - was transferred round about 8 different people on the phone! Not impressed with their lack of organisation...
Reply 47
Congrats! Did you apply in the first wave or second wave of applications? December or January?
Reply 48
Thanks! I applied in the first wave. What about you?
Reply 49
I left mine really late so just got it in a few days before the 2nd wave. But not had any confirmation of it? I rang up but apparently the lady who deals with it is off sick. I guess I haven't got an interview as it's been almost 2 weeks since the deadline :frown: sigh! x
Reply 50
Original post by helenasr
Hey Purds88, I have an interview for LSBU on Monday 3rd Feb. I am trying to get in touch with them though as the email I received has 2 conflicting times in it! I have emailed back but no reply and calling didn't work either - was transferred round about 8 different people on the phone! Not impressed with their lack of organisation...

Hi helelnasr,

I have also got an interview on 3rd feb, the first email was confusing but I got through to someone and found out it was 2pm! :smile:
Reply 51
Hi Mimi2301, I found out that mine is at 2pm too, so I guess I'll see you there! Feeling a mixture of nervous and excited, trying to prepare but not sure exactly what they'll want us to do in the group task so feeling like there's only so much I can do...

Original post by Mimi2301
Hi helelnasr,

I have also got an interview on 3rd feb, the first email was confusing but I got through to someone and found out it was 2pm! :smile:
Reply 52
I'd hold out if I were you...I don't get the impression they're massively organised (I have a friend who studied there previously and has confirmed as much!), so if the woman who deals with it's off sick then the emails probably haven't gone out yet! I only got the email a week ago and that was for 1st wave application.

Original post by Purds88
I left mine really late so just got it in a few days before the 2nd wave. But not had any confirmation of it? I rang up but apparently the lady who deals with it is off sick. I guess I haven't got an interview as it's been almost 2 weeks since the deadline :frown: sigh! x
Reply 53
Hi Mimi2301, I found out that mine is at 2pm too, so I guess I'll see you there! Feeling a mixture of nervous and excited, trying to prepare but not sure exactly what they'll want us to do in the group task so feeling like there's only so much I can do...
very true! I suppose we just have to think on our feet in the interview! See you there :smile:
Reply 54
I'd hold out if I were you...I don't get the impression they're massively organised (I have a friend who studied there previously and has confirmed as much!), so if the woman who deals with it's off sick then the emails probably haven't gone out yet! I only got the email a week ago and that was for 1st wave application.

Thanks you're right just got an email through today with the confirmation. They said they will have made a decision by mid Feb x
Reply 55
Hey, I have my interview this Friday (31st) at 10am. Will keep you posted on how it went. Wish me luck! :smile:
Reply 56
Good luck Laura, hope it goes really well! Let us know how you get on :smile:
Reply 57
Hey everyone, has anyone heard back from Brunel about interviews yet? I saw a post in the OT students Facebook group that one candidate has an interview tomorrow. Just called the uni and they said there are so many applications that they are still sorting through and I may not hear til Easter. Seems strange though and I'm getting anxious!!!
Reply 58
Hey everyone, has anyone heard back from Brunel about interviews yet? I saw a post in the OT students Facebook group that one candidate has an interview tomorrow. Just called the uni and they said there are so many applications that they are still sorting through and I may not hear til Easter. Seems strange though and I'm getting anxious!!!

Hiya, no I have not heard anything back :-/ I am quite worried because I have only applied to this one University.
Reply 59
Original post by blondyx
Hiya, no I have not heard anything back :-/ I am quite worried because I have only applied to this one University.

Let's both keep our fingers crossed :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending