The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by womanonamission
They will incase it gets nearer the time and they have rejected too many people, or people pull out and they need to fill the places

Thanks! Well, they have until the 4th of February (17:58.)
Original post by s.of
No problem :smile: that's the one we were all given too, the question they ask is a tad random but it's fine, very doable! Good luck with your interview :smile:

Thank you, I think it went quite well :-)
Original post by curlykayla
Ahh congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear, hopefully soon! I had my interview on the 16th Jan. Did they email you or was it just a UCAS update? Well done again, hope I'm joining you! x

Thank you!! :biggrin: omg I had mine on the 16th Jan too, probably saw you haha XD I'm sure you'll be hearing soon, good luck!! :biggrin: xx

and I just had an email from ucas saying 'something has changed' :smile:
Original post by rainbowworld
Ah cool :smile: Oh okay, not just me who hasn't done the skills test yet then! Yeah I am going to book somewhere, would be too stressful otherwise I think :smile: Oh well done on your Oxford Brookes interview! I haven't heard from either of my other choices yet :frown: I am at the University of Bath at the moment - I am doing a bit of a random course though, it's social sciences so a mix of sociology, psychology, politics and education. I would have applied for a PGCE here but they don't do them :'( I've been having a think about interview clothes! Ahh, been two years since I've had an interview so need to buy some new clothes I think. Also... have no idea what to put on the 'personal statement' bit of the college application form - is it just a list of hobbies or should it be continuous prose explaining them and why you do them? :s-smilie:

Thank you, I'm not so nervous about Oxford Brookes! Cool that sounds like a pretty relevant course for teaching :-) I'm sure you'll hear from your others soon! I went shopping and bought new clothes too haha. I just talked about my hobbies, just try and make yourself sound as outgoing and interesting as possible lol. Everyone was so friendly at the Cambridge interview so try not to worry too much! Good luck!
Original post by rainbowworld
Oh I have been given the same article! Have you applied for primary or early years. I applied for early years so thought it might be specific to that. It looks quite interesting but I haven't read all of it yet :smile:

I applied to Primary, sounds like we were all given the same article! It is pretty interesting, and the question they ask you to answer is quite broad so quite easy to do :-)
Original post by proud nd luvin it
Thank you!! :biggrin: omg I had mine on the 16th Jan too, probably saw you haha XD I'm sure you'll be hearing soon, good luck!! :biggrin: xx

and I just had an email from ucas saying 'something has changed' :smile:

I was the girl who spilt tea all over the desk before our English/Maths tests! So if you happened to see lots of commotion and people rushing about with paper towels, it was me! Totally embarrassing! I so hope so, feels like we have been waiting forever. Bet you're over the moon! Do you think you'll take it? I had an interview for a School Direct place on Monday but I was unsuccessful. Just hoping it went well really, but we shall see :smile: xx
I was the girl who spilt tea all over the desk before our English/Maths tests! So if you happened to see lots of commotion and people rushing about with paper towels, it was me! Totally embarrassing! I so hope so, feels like we have been waiting forever. Bet you're over the moon! Do you think you'll take it? I had an interview for a School Direct place on Monday but I was unsuccessful. Just hoping it went well really, but we shall see :smile: xx

Oh nooo I saw that!! :P at least it postponed the tests for a few minutes hehe :smile: which group were you in? Yeah I think I will take it, I've been invited for an interview in leeds, but I kind of fell in love with leicester :smile: I was so surprised that I got a place, cause I thought the interview was okay, but everyone looked so good! :tongue: xx
Original post by KerryE5
Is this for bgu? I've had an email but nothing on track :/

Hi. Yes it is from BG. Had an email from the admissions team but had nothing updated on track!
Oh nooo I saw that!! :P at least it postponed the tests for a few minutes hehe :smile: which group were you in? Yeah I think I will take it, I've been invited for an interview in leeds, but I kind of fell in love with leicester :smile: I was so surprised that I got a place, cause I thought the interview was okay, but everyone looked so good! :tongue: xx

Haha! I know, took my mind off the nerves for a bit! :biggrin:
I was in group 7 ( I think lol) I really liked the uni, just hope that it went ok. I wasn't sure how mine had gone. I thought it went ok, but like you said, there were other people that I thought were really good. xx
Haha! I know, took my mind off the nerves for a bit! :biggrin:
I was in group 7 ( I think lol) I really liked the uni, just hope that it went ok. I wasn't sure how mine had gone. I thought it went ok, but like you said, there were other people that I thought were really good. xx

Ahh right, I think I was in group number 4? in the G building :tongue: let me know how you get on, I'm sure you'll get offered a place :biggrin: xx
Reply 5090
Hey grouppp....i had a pgce primary interview at notts trent university last week and wondered if anybody has had interviews last week and if so...have they heard back...they said a 10 day turn around but thought id see if anybodys heard?thanks peoplee
Original post by Sara Jayne
Has anybody received an offer via email from a uni but nothing has updated on track? Wondered how long it takes to update on track, want to accept my 1st choice.

Hi again! I had my email yesterday confirming my place :biggrin: but nothing has updated on ucas track yet! I want to accept it!! Congrats on your place at BG I guess I'll see u in sept, are u early years? Xx
Can we prepare for the general knowledge test at the interview from bbc bitesize website regarding the subject knowledge?
Original post by MS90
Hey grouppp....i had a pgce primary interview at notts trent university last week and wondered if anybody has had interviews last week and if so...have they heard back...they said a 10 day turn around but thought id see if anybodys heard?thanks peoplee

I've not heard back yet. Been checking track constantly!!
First interview from one of my apply 1 choices!
Original post by Juichiro
First interview from one of my apply 1 choices!

Good luck!!
Hello, If any of you have firmed Warwick Univeristy for the PGCE in Primary or Early Years this group has been set up by another applicant :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/586743258063080/

Good luck to everyone g=who has interviews coming up!
Reply 5097
Conditional offer from Uni of Leicester for PGCE Primary!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats on your offer! :smile:

There is a thread for PGCE Primary at Leicester here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2541991&page=3&p=46053401#post46053401

and there is a FB group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413151862259015/
I've seen a lot of FB groups around. If anyone has any for Cumbria let me know!
Original post by sbubbles
Congrats on your offer! :smile:

There is a thread for PGCE Primary at Leicester here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2541991&page=3&p=46053401#post46053401

and there is a FB group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413151862259015/

Ahh great awesome! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending