The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Pharmacy Interview

Hi. I had my interview yesterday but I think I got the maths questions wrong. Will they now reject me if I have? Please I really need to know I'm stressing out.
Original post by S007M
Hi. I had my interview yesterday but I think I got the maths questions wrong. Will they now reject me if I have? Please I really need to know I'm stressing out.

Absolutely not!

I've seen loads of people on here say that they got the maths question wrong and yet still got an offer!

The main purpose of the interview is to assess your communication skills and to see if you are the right person to be a future Pharmacist! Don't panic!

:biggrin:

From a first year Pharmacy student at Reading.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by James A
Absolutely not!

I've seen loads of people on here say that they got the maths question wrong and yet still got an offer!

The main purpose of the interview is to assess your communication skills and to see if you are the right person to be a future
Pharmacist! Don't panic!

Thanks you've made my day. Do you personally know any people at reading that got in with the same situation?
Original post by S007M
Thanks you've made my day. Do you personally know any people at reading that got in with the same situation?

Out of my fellow course mates, I don't know because I never asked them about their interviews lol

Don't panic though, if you communicated well enough, then you will get an offer, Reading are pretty lenient in the interviews.
Reply 4
Original post by James A
Out of my fellow course mates, I don't know because I never asked them about their interviews lol

Don't panic though, if you communicated well enough, then you will get an offer, Reading are pretty lenient in the interviews.

Lol yeah I thought so but you never now.

Thanks anyway. Really did make my day. =)
Original post by S007M
Lol yeah I thought so but you never now.

Thanks anyway. Really did make my day. =)

Good to hear :smile:

Did you like what you saw of the uni?
Reply 6
Original post by James A
Good to hear :smile:

Did you like what you saw of the uni?

Yeah I really did like it. The lecturers seemed nice. The labs were pretty good too.
Original post by S007M
Yeah I really did like it. The lecturers seemed nice. The labs were pretty good too.

Great to hear :smile:

I'm hoping you get your offer :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by James A
Great to hear :smile:

I'm hoping you get your offer :smile:

Just wondering if I do get an offer but I miss by one grade in summer are they still likely to accept me?
Original post by S007M
Just wondering if I do get an offer but I miss by one grade in summer are they still likely to accept me?

They will accept you, yes, people with ABB offers were getting let in with BBB. Just make sure you have three B's and you will be fine :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by James A
They will accept you, yes, people with ABB offers were getting let in with BBB. Just make sure you have three B's and you will be fine :smile:

Ok thanks
Reply 11
Hi james a

I've applied to reading for pharmacy and I just got an offer today!

I haven't been interviewed though I wonder if that's because I'm an international student?

Also, I wanted to ask you if you're glad you chose reading as I'm a little I don't know a little worried. I haven't been able to visit the campus cause I live abroad so I have no idea what it actually looks and feels like

Can I ask what other places you applied to if you don't mind?

Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by James A
Absolutely not!

The main purpose of the interview is to assess your communication skills and to see if you are the right person to be a future Pharmacist! Don't panic!

Hey dude.
I saw that you were a reading student studying pharmacy. I have my interview next Wednesday and I just wanted to ask how likely you think I am to get a place at reading for pharmacy :smile:
I've been predicted ABC for summer and got pretty crap grades at AS. Do you think if might have a chance of a place over the other B+ grade students?
Thaaanks :biggrin: XP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fariah_h
Hey dude.
I saw that you were a reading student studying pharmacy. I have my interview next Wednesday and I just wanted to ask how likely you think I am to get a place at reading for pharmacy :smile:
I've been predicted ABC for summer and got pretty crap grades at AS. Do you think if might have a chance of a place over the other B+ grade students?
Thaaanks :biggrin: XP

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that you got an interview suggests that your predicted grades were still sufficient (otherwise they wouldn't have invited you for an interview).

Whether you'll get an offer or not after your interview is down to how well you perform on the day. But generally you will have a strong chance of getting an offer if you perform well.

There's not much else to say I guess, but I hope it goes well for you!
Reply 14
Original post by James A
The fact that you got an interview suggests that your predicted grades were still sufficient (otherwise they wouldn't have invited you for an interview).

Whether you'll get an offer or not after your interview is down to how well you perform on the day. But generally you will have a strong chance of getting an offer if you perform well.

Thanks dude! Really appreciate it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by James A

Oh and I forgot to ask...
What is the structure of the course like? Do you get to pick what modules you learn or do you have a strict set of modules that you have to learn? And how academically challenging is the course and how much content are you expected to learn?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks again :smile: :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fariah_h
Oh and I forgot to ask...
What is the structure of the course like? Do you get to pick what modules you learn or do you have a strict set of modules that you have to learn? And how academically challenging is the course and how much content are you expected to learn?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks again :smile: :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, you can't pick modules. It's the same for all the other schools of Pharmacy.

First year so far is alright, half the stuff in our lectures is stuff we learnt from A-levels. We're starting to build on the basics of topics.

The modules are very diverse in that we deal with Microbiology, Biochemistry, living cell, genes + chromosomes, drug design (organic chemistry), human physiology, pharmacy calculations, Pharmacy practice (module where we actually learn about the roles of a Pharmacist and get to dispense).

The biology modules though involved alot of memorisation, whereas the organic chem module requires more thinking and application. The practicals for the modules are fun though, yesterday we formulated Linctus Cough syrup, which was the first product we made :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by James A
Nope, you can't pick modules. It's the same for all the other schools of Pharmacy.

First year so far is alright, half the stuff in our lectures is stuff we learnt from A-levels. We're starting to build on the basics of topics.

The modules are very diverse in that we deal with Microbiology, Biochemistry, living cell, genes + chromosomes, drug design (organic chemistry), human physiology, pharmacy calculations, Pharmacy practice (module where we actually learn about the roles of a Pharmacist and get to dispense).

The biology modules though involved alot of memorisation, whereas the organic chem module requires more thinking and application. The practicals for the modules are fun though, yesterday we formulated Linctus Cough syrup, which was the first product we made :biggrin:

Ooh that does sound pretty interesting. I guess I did choose the right course for me after all :smile: :biggrin: Thankyou so much for answering my questions!
Good luck with ur studies!! :wink: XP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
i have my interview tomorrow any idea about what to focus on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending