The Student Room Group

am I the only one that feels a little emasculated around men that are taller than me?

Yesterday, I met a pro basketball player that was around 7 foot. The whole time I was talking to him I felt like I should suddenly do something submissive. :s-smilie: It felt very bizarre to have to stare up at someone like that (I'm 6'2").

I never really believed in all of this height stuff until yesterday. I now feel quite insecure with my height--I hate having to look up at people!
(edited 10 years ago)
Height isn't the end of the world.
Reply 2
No, I'm 6,5.

:colonhash:
Reply 3
i feel more emasculated around men with better faces, it has more sexual command than height.
You are 6ft 2. Get a grip.

I really do want to insult you. However, I already have a number of cards.
Reply 5
Original post by genuinelydense
Yesterday, I met a pro basketball player that was around 7 foot. The whole time I was talking to him I felt like I should do something submissive. :s-smilie: It felt very bizarre to have to stare up at someone like that (I'm 6'2").

I never really believed in all of this height stuff until yesterday. I now feel quite insecure with my height--I hate having to look up at people!

:rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
This attempt to make men of average height and below insecure is incredibly transparent...

I mean for it to work, you're gonna have to find people that are more stupid than you OP and something tells me that will be a real struggle.
Original post by A Perfect Circle
This attempt to make men of average height and below insecure is incredibly transparent...

I mean for it to work, you're gonna have to find people that are more stupid than you OP and something tells me that will be a real struggle.

Can one not start a discussion about a topic (which a very small minority might call 'provocative') without instantly being shot down by smug pseudo-intellectuals like yourself?

Not everyone's trying to troll all of the time, you know. :rolleyes:
Original post by DorianGrayism
You are 6ft 2. Get a grip.

I really do want to insult you. However, I already have a number of cards.

This.

Original post by A Perfect Circle

And this.
I'm 6'2 and can't say I've ever had such a paroxyism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm 5'7" and even I'm gonna say you're pretty much on your own there...
You're so cute, I know some people that would eat you up!
Original post by Kilroy8
This.

And this.

Bloody nonsense.

John Nash was undoubtedly a genius, but he became very insecure/unhappy when he came across the odd person that was smarter than him. No one thought that he was trolling all of the non-geniuses of the world.

Basically, regardless of how good you are as compared to other people, it's never nice to be beaten.
(edited 10 years ago)
Bloody nonsense.

John Nash was undoubtedly a genius, but he became very insecure/unhappy when he came across the odd person that was smarter than him. No one thought that he was trolling all of the non-geniuses of the world.

Basically, regardless of how good you are as compared to other people, it's never nice to be beaten.

It isn't nice to be beaten. But things like height is something that can't be controlled. Losing a football match, that can be helped, you could've played different tactics, formations etc. but height? Nah, that's just ridiculous. Get over yourself (if you can jump that high).
Bloody nonsense.

Past a certain point, you stop giving a ****. I don't find taller people to be any more masculine just because of that alone. Only now do you realize how some people who are shorter than you feel, despite all of the threads on TSR ranting about height.
Original post by Kilroy8
It isn't nice to be beaten. But things like height is something that can't be controlled. Losing a football match, that can be helped, you could've played different tactics, formations etc. but height? Nah, that's just ridiculous. Get over yourself (if you can jump that high).

The whole point of this thread was to share our height insecurities with each other, like group therapy. Instead, I've been run down by a vicious horde of other dissatisfied users that refuse to enter the healing circle.

Whatever, I CBB with it anymore; people are far more interested in troll-spotting than having serious discussions.
(edited 10 years ago)
The whole point of this thread was to share our height insecurities with each other, like group therapy. Instead, I've been run down by a vicious horde of men that are even shorter than me--they've obviously missed the point.

Whatever, I CBB with any more; people are far more interested in troll-spotting than having serious discussions.

It's you who has missed the point. You're the only one who is insecure with their height, despite being allegedly 6'2.
Reply 16
My closest guy friend is 5'5 and he sometimes mentions feeling a bit awkward around taller guys.I'm a girl and 5'2 and I hate having to look up into people's eyes and always feel slightly childlike around men taller than me(which is a majority).

However OP you are 6'2 which isn't short by any means,would you want to be the tallest guy in the world so as to never feel that way again? I'm sure being something close to Robert Wadlows height wouldn't be something you would want.

Quick Reply

Latest