The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leechayy
I'm not too sure tbf but what I do know is that I've applied to the scheme too - I hope so though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah it says its all taken care of in the brochure... cool, what uni/course did you apply for?:tongue:
Original post by Nat_LPS
Ah it says its all taken care of in the brochure... cool, what uni/course did you apply for?:tongue:

Cambridge/CompSci :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cambridge/CompSci :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't do straight CompSci, I take it you'll be applying for NST then?
Original post by Bude8
They don't do straight CompSci, I take it you'll be applying for NST then?

They do for the summer school, if I do get in to Cambridge when I consider applying next year (by some miracle tho...) I'd probably do CompSci with Physics as my overall choice :smile:

It's weird though. Physics is that subject that picks up my biggest flaw but I really enjoy it. I've only started the A-Level in September too, is this weird? Surely you should only enjoy things you are good at? I'm not too sure:confused:
Reply 8284
A*A*A, Cambridge's new offer that they'll be giving out. :O
Original post by zed963

I was recently told this yesterday on a different thread - and it really bugged me out :mad:
I wish I had more time my Maths and Further Maths are fine but my Physics and Economics (Physics more than Economics) aren't to par with that :/

Ahh well, more of a reason to get up and do something about it :wink:
Original post by zed963

Will this actually make much of a difference? I think the Telegraph article on this said that 9 out of 10 successful applicants for STEM/Medicine subjects (at Cambridge) got more than 1 A* anyway.
Reply 8287
Original post by zed963

For what course/s
They do for the summer school, if I do get in to Cambridge when I consider applying next year (by some miracle tho...) I'd probably do CompSci with Physics as my overall choice :smile:

It's weird though. Physics is that subject that picks up my biggest flaw but I really enjoy it. I've only started the A-Level in September too, is this weird? Surely you should only enjoy things you are good at? I'm not too sure:confused:

Not really - perhaps you enjoy the challenge of it? I'm the sort of person who becomes more determined to get something the harder it is, and I really like heavy bits of science :smile:

I'm not too good at physics, I find it really interesting though. I love chemistry and I'm pretty good at it though. I love reading ahead for chemistry.
Original post by Bude8
Not really - perhaps you enjoy the challenge of it? I'm the sort of person who becomes more determined to get something the harder it is, and I really like heavy bits of science :smile:

I'm not too good at physics, I find it really interesting though. I love chemistry and I'm pretty good at it though. I love reading ahead for chemistry.

Ohh okay, I suppose it makes sense although I wish I was good at it then I could further read in to it :colondollar: some of the concepts of Physics just captivate me sometimes :biggrin:
Ohh okay, I suppose it makes sense although I wish I was good at it then I could further read in to it :colondollar: some of the concepts of Physics just captivate me sometimes :biggrin:

Sometimes you need to learn from other sources; they might give a better explanation :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
Sometimes you need to learn from other sources; they might give a better explanation :tongue:

Do you have any examples at all?:colondollar:
Do you have any examples at all?:colondollar:

I have for Chemistry, but not for Physics :frown: Try YouTube?
Original post by techno836
For what course/s

All science/maths based ones.
Reply 8294
Original post by Spacey368
All science/maths based ones.

Oh :L I'm targeted A*A*A*Aa but realistically i'm currently expecting A*A*Aab but i'm not a fan of oxbridge anyway really :/
Oh :L I'm targeted A*A*A*Aa but realistically i'm currently expecting A*A*Aab but i'm not a fan of oxbridge anyway really :/

Fair enough. I'm rubbish at maths/sciences anyway as I STILL DONT HAVE A GCSE IN MATHS (I have retaken maths 3 times ad got a D each time D:smile:

I should get A, A/B, B, C by the end of year 12, assuming there are no cock - ups.

Btw got 28/30 on a history essay :biggrin: :party2:

Fair enough. I'm rubbish at maths/sciences anyway as I STILL DONT HAVE A GCSE IN MATHS (I have retaken maths 3 times ad got a D each time :frown:

I should get A, A/B, B, C by the end of year 12, assuming there are no cock - ups.

Btw got 28/30 on a history essay :biggrin: :party2:
Reply 8297
Am I the only one feeling like there is no chance in hell I will be able to remember all the content for a subject?

AS Maths units aren't that bad but there is a lot to remember, but A2 is just making me feel hopeless, there is a lot more work and I barely understand most of it :frown:
Original post by Tibbz2
Am I the only one feeling like there is no chance in hell I will be able to remember all the content for a subject?

AS Maths units aren't that bad but there is a lot to remember, but A2 is just making me feel hopeless, there is a lot more work and I barely understand most of it :frown:

practice daily
a lot of a little adds up to a lot
Reply 8299
Original post by Bude8
practice daily
a lot of a little adds up to a lot

We learn new things from different topics every day, and I get home and have homework for everything and coursework at the moment, so after all that I barely have any motivation left :frown: (Not just for work, for everything I used to enjoy doing too)

Latest