The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheActuary
I applied on the 5th of November and received the 2 weeks email then I received the 7 week email on 22nd of November. My 9 weeks ( 7+ 2 Christmas) is over tomorrow , will lse definetly give a reply or do they over run deadlines

Im in the exact same position as you! Applied and recieved those emails on the exact same dates! Slightly nervous about tomorrow but i dont think we'll be hearing from them for a while - they havent been great with sticking to the deadlines :/
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bshrestha
I am so scared... I feel a rejection coming. What you applying for? If LSE don't reply back to me by tomorrow, I am going to call the admissions office.

I feel the same. I applied for History, you? I'll be ringing the admissions office if I haven't heard by next Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by youraveragestudent
Im in the exact same position as you! Applied and recieved those emails on the exact same dates! Slightly nervous about tomorrow but i dont think we'll be hearing from them for a while - they havent been great with sticking to the deadlines :/

What course you applying to?
Original post by gracelich
I feel the same. I applied for History, you? I'll be ringing the admissions office if I haven't heard by next Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Philosophy and Economics. This wait is killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Reply 4364
The time frames they give you are BS in my opinion...
Philosophy and Economics. This wait is killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If you haven't heard by tomorrow, let me know what the admission office says if you ring them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
If you haven't heard by tomorrow, let me know what the admission office says if you ring them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure. They'll probably tell me to have some patience.
Sure. They'll probably tell me to have some patience.

Patience?! We've been patient for 4 months ffs. We deserve to hear back from them now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LSE's system of emailing applicants is a really bad idea, because they just build our hopes up and then crush it. Why can't they be like other unis where they just give out offers and don't pretend as if they care.
My final 4 weeks ends not tomorrow but the following Friday.

I am normally fairly patient but the sensation that a decision is near is making me more restless every day.

Best of luck to those who are, like I, still waiting on a decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blackfyre
If no decision was made today, this means that a whole bundle of offers/rejections will be given tomorrow. Hopefully we'll hear just positive news but you never know what to expect from LSE, it's like an episode from Game of Thrones.

AHAHAHAH brilliant analogy
Which course are you applying for?
What course you applying to?

Stats w/Finance, & yourself?
Original post by youraveragestudent
Stats w/Finance, & yourself?

I'm applying actuarial science which falls under the stats dept, probably why we have the exact same times...
Reply 4373
Original post by silonthesofa
So I've heard. And so I've realized. But up until this Friday, I hadn't heard of a single offer and hardly any rejections. I've realized it is futile trying to get into any universities' heads (I get a really good laugh when I see people talking about how their two weeks are up on Wednesday. Because they really keep to deadlines.), but I figured seeing the statistics could be at least a tiny bit reflective of what's sorta going on. The guy who got accepted this Friday had applied on the 15th of October. My girlfriend applied on the 23rd of November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for IR on October 15th and only got a reply last Friday, an offer but still a long wait!
I'm applying actuarial science which falls under the stats dept, probably why we have the exact same times...

Hi, ive applied for actuarial sciences too! May I ask what stage are u on(Seven week email etc) and what were ur GCSE and AS grades? Good luck
Original post by maliksajwani
Hi, ive applied for actuarial sciences too! May I ask what stage are u on(Seven week email etc) and what were ur GCSE and AS grades? Good luck

My 7 weeks email including Christmas is over tomorrow

I achieved AAAAB at AS level and 8 a*s 5 As at gcse

As level subjects - Fm , maths , physics, biology , chemistry with the B being in physics
Original post by epicfail13
AHAHAHAH brilliant analogy
Which course are you applying for?

Management, what about you?
Reply 4377
Has anyone had a sociology offer, and if so what were you're gcses and as results like..
Original post by Blackfyre
Management, what about you?

I'm applying for Law :frown:
Original post by Am0312x
Has anyone had a sociology offer, and if so what were you're gcses and as results like..

I have! My GCSEs were pretty poor I got 1a* 1a 9bs and 2D* BTECs and my as levels were AAAB :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending