The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is it bad to be a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Being a slag is fine. If your happy to be known as a slag. You place as much or as little value on the word as you like.
Reply 61
Original post by Wilfred Little
How would you know [that she isn't a slut]?

No hymen? No ring. :biggrin:

Original post by Le Nombre
But you wouldn't be flattered that a girl with a high number would do the same for you? There seems be some discrepancy between your expectations of girls and your expectations of what girls will expect of you...

You must be a girl. Let me break it down for you.

How would the girls promoting sluttiness feel if you dated a guy who won't be romantic with you and is reluctant to commit - and then you found out in the past he was very romantic with various women, treated them all to expensive dinners at fine restaurants, bought them beautiful jewelry, etc, and yet was friendzoned by all of these women?

That's the same way guys feel about girls who demand romance and commitment while wanting to 'take things slow' - despite having slept around while younger, tighter and 20 pounds lighter. No thanks!
Original post by drake10

How would the girls promoting sluttiness feel if you dated a guy who won't be romantic with you and is reluctant to commit - and then you found out in the past he was very romantic with various women, treated them all to expensive dinners at fine restaurants, bought them beautiful jewelry, etc, and yet was friendzoned by all of these women?

That's the same way guys feel about girls who demand romance and commitment while wanting to 'take things slow' - despite having slept around while younger, tighter and 20 pounds lighter. No thanks!

Entertaining post to be honest laughed all the way through.
Original post by SkinnyKat
It's not (or it shouldn't be)! Have fun and be responsible :wink:

This is completely irrelevant but i have to say this ITACHI UCHIHA IS A BOSS!!!!:cool:
Reply 64
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Slut stories and the antics they got up to were all that was discussed at my sixth form for 2 entire years. At the end of practically every break we'd be in tears of laughter.

I have some classics.

But that would be telling.

(Classic guy line: 'I think we should have sex'
Me: why?
Him: because I'm good at it
Me: how do you know?
Him: because I practise a lot....on myself
!?)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bubble999
yeah, any excuse to put some argument across that is unnecessary. Sadly there are a lot of people on here that try and take some sort of high ground. They are mainly perceived as a **** :lol:

Unnecessary? The OP asked for discussion about an issue and I was providing it off of your comment. I wasn't taking any sort of 'high ground', and you lower yourself by tossing expletives at those who offer civil if robust debate. The three people who liked my comment don't seem to agree with your perception.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by drake10

No true slut would do that. We always **** on the first date.
I love all the armchair evolutionary biologists out there :laugh:

First, lets get some perspective.

- Many intelligent animals have sex for pleasure and not for reproduction. These include dolphins and various species of great ape. Are female dolphins sluts? Philosophical question for you there.

- Science can be abused. Back in the day, Black people were scientifically explained to be less intelligent and less disirable than White people. Intermarriage was illegal. This was all clearly explained using studies of anatomy and evolution and genetics - anyone who doubted it was shot down as scientifically illiterate. Exactly the way women are being dissected in these types of discussions. Clearly, the science was wrong.

- We are supposedly intelligent beings who are able to override biological instincts and make our own laws in our own societies. F*** evolution. I am not a gene machine.

- Stop being so bloody uptight, what's it got to do with you anyway? Why does a persons' private life induce such strong negative emotions in people? To me, it seems like a form of vicious control. Just another excuse to be nasty about someone, no other purpose. Like calling someone fat or ugly for no reason.

Signed,
Molecular Biology PhD student
Original post by Birkenhead
Unnecessary? The OP asked for discussion about an issue and I was providing it off of your comment. I wasn't taking any sort of 'high ground', and you lower yourself by tossing expletives at those who offer civil if robust debate. The three people who liked my comment don't seem to agree with your perception.

Oh dear, you really do think you are the best, don't you. Wow, 3 people, such a win for you there... :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
It's not, your sexual relationships are your business only
Original post by TheGameOfScience
This is completely irrelevant but i have to say this ITACHI UCHIHA IS A BOSS!!!!:cool:

He is pretty goddam badass :cool:

- Many intelligent animals have sex for pleasure and not for reproduction. These include dolphins and various species of great ape. Are female dolphins sluts? Philosophical question for you there.

- Science can be abused. Back in the day, Black people were scientifically explained to be less intelligent and less disirable than White people. Intermarriage was illegal. This was all clearly explained using studies of anatomy and evolution and genetics - anyone who doubted it was shot down as scientifically illiterate. Exactly the way women are being dissected in these types of discussions. Clearly, the science was wrong.

- We are supposedly intelligent beings who are able to override biological instincts and make our own laws in our own societies. F*** evolution. I am not a gene machine.

- Stop being so bloody uptight, what's it got to do with you anyway? Why does a persons' private life induce such strong negative emotions in people? To me, it seems like a form of vicious control. Just another excuse to be nasty about someone, no other purpose. Like calling someone fat or ugly for no reason.

Signed,

Wow, very well said :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear, you really do think you are the best, don't you. Wow, 3 people, such a win for you there... :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? I didn't say I was the best, I was pointing out that your conviction that people who inject a little thinking into their posts are 'perceived as a ****' didn't seem to fit with the reception given to my posts, in contrast to your own.

Put aside this cheap smiley-filled rhetoric and give substantial debate a go. You never know, you may improve with time and practice.
Reply 73
Sleeping around isn't feminine. Also someone should be selective about their sexual partners, not easy, otherwise it shows low self-esteem and using sex as an emotional comfort.
Reply 74
Original post by reapingunicorn32
For a woman, being a slut is looked down upon because of the risk of how they can get pregnant every time she has sex with a guy. I don't disagree with it though I wouldn't do it myself but if the girl wants to sleep around, she can do, as long as she's aware of the consequences and her partner/ herself is wearing protection.

well a guy can also make a girl pregnant everytime he has sex and its also his child. So this way they also take risk but still they arent taken for 'male sluts'
Wow, very well said :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ta :smile:

Have a rep. It's rare to see common sense on TSR.
I don't think it's that bad unless they go after guys in relationships. Although I don't really like it when they sleep with guys who have just gotten out of relationships. Usually being the rebound makes you look easy.
Original post by Machop
I don't think it is bad, but at the end of the day I certainly won't be marrying a girl that has been regularly whoring herself out to loads of guys

That's quite interesting, are you a virgin or have you been with loads of girls yourself?
Reply 78

Signed,

Dolphins are major sluts

Signed (nearly) zoology PhD student.

Stupid slutty dolphins.
Original post by Birkenhead
What? I didn't say I was the best, I was pointing out that your conviction that people who inject a little thinking into their posts are 'perceived as a ****' didn't seem to fit with the reception given to my posts, in contrast to your own.

Put aside this cheap smiley-filled rhetoric and give substantial debate a go. You never know, you may improve with time and practice.

Maybe if you were not trying the whole patronising and trying to come across as more intelligent than everyone else, I would bother to properly debate with you. Until then, it is not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending