The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is it bad to be a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
A key that opens many locks is a master key, a lock that is opened by many keys is not a good lock :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by geoking
Sleeping around isn't feminine. Also someone should be selective about their sexual partners, not easy, otherwise it shows low self-esteem and using sex as an emotional comfort.

How can you tell if someone has low self esteem unless of course you live in their head. :rolleyes:
[video="youtube;V_DNtKaxfJs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DNtKaxfJs[/video]
I'm married to aston villa football club that will always be my priority over any girl so if they don't like it they know where the door is. I am sick of seeing my mate dictated to by his gf "sorry mate can't make the match this week"
Reply 84
Original post by SkinnyKat
- Stop being so bloody uptight, what's it got to do with you anyway? Why does a persons' private life induce such strong negative emotions in people? To me, it seems like a form of vicious control. Just another excuse to be nasty about someone, no other purpose. Like calling someone fat or ugly for no reason.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions, but actions have consequences. If a girl wants to be a slut, that's her choice - nobody is stopping her! However, if most other men and I don't want to commit to her, that's our choice - and no amount of shaming will make men with options commit to sluts. :colone:

As for 'what's it got to do with you' - the thread specifically asked us why it's bad to be a slut. Various helpful people have answered.
Original post by Birkenhead
What? I didn't say I was the best, I was pointing out that your conviction that people who inject a little thinking into their posts are 'perceived as a ****' didn't seem to fit with the reception given to my posts, in contrast to your own.

Put aside this cheap smiley-filled rhetoric and give substantial debate a go. You never know, you may improve with time and practice.

Also, I would bother properly debating if there was actually anything to debate about. As there was a clear misunderstanding about my first post, we are technically "on the same side" with this debate. So that's why I'm saying it's unnecessary. However, I accept that there are "sluts" out there, but even if we do not like it, there is not much we can do about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
Maybe if you were not trying the whole patronising and trying to come across as more intelligent than everyone else, I would bother to properly debate with you. Until then, it is not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Patronising? I'm not the one who just called you a '****' or said in a condescending way that some people feel the need to make 'unnecessary debate' and get the 'high ground'. Take a good look at yourself.

You've been responding in this petulant way since my first response to you which was perfectly civil, and it's obvious that you simply have nothing to say in return but can't stomach not having the last word, however cheap it is.
Original post by Squeagle
A key that opens many locks is a master key, a lock that is opened by many keys is not a good key :smile:

Damn right it's not m8 it's a lock.
Reply 88
Original post by Wilfred Little
Damn right it's not m8 it's a lock.

Lmao, my bad!:colondollar:
I love all the armchair evolutionary biologists out there :laugh:

Yourself included, molecular biologist?

- Many intelligent animals have sex for pleasure and not for reproduction. These include dolphins and various species of great ape. Are female dolphins sluts? Philosophical question for you there.

We're not discussing dolphins or great apes, we're discussing humans and the evolutionary instincts that underpin their attitudes.

- Science can be abused. Back in the day, Black people were scientifically explained to be less intelligent and less disirable than White people. Intermarriage was illegal. This was all clearly explained using studies of anatomy and evolution and genetics - anyone who doubted it was shot down as scientifically illiterate. Exactly the way women are being dissected in these types of discussions. Clearly, the science was wrong.

Are you seriously comparing racial superiority/inferiority with female promiscuity? The one gaping difference between the two is that one is supported by evidence and the other is not. The 'science' actually exists in one, didn't in the other. Crass comparison.

- We are supposedly intelligent beings who are able to override biological instincts and make our own laws in our own societies. F*** evolution. I am not a gene machine.

This ignores the fact that we are not fully in control of our attitudes, not least those attitudes wired into our brains after tens of thousands of years of evolution. It's unreasonable to expect men to 'override' deeply rooted instincts wired into their brains.

- Stop being so bloody uptight, what's it got to do with you anyway? Why does a persons' private life induce such strong negative emotions in people? To me, it seems like a form of vicious control. Just another excuse to be nasty about someone, no other purpose. Like calling someone fat or ugly for no reason.

This conflates overt judgements about people with having one's own preferences. If anything, the 'vicious control' is on the part of those who are attacking men for being repulsed by women who've had legions of sausages inside them. 'What's it got to do with you anyway'?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by PurpleSquid
[video="youtube;V_DNtKaxfJs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_DNtKaxfJs[/video]

The girl who was called a slut is right
Original post by redferry
Dolphins are major sluts

Signed (nearly) zoology PhD student.

Stupid slutty dolphins.

You should see the chimps! YouTube "chimp frog rape" :biggrin:
Original post by Ripper-Roo
The girl who was called a slut is right

yeah sorry if i wasn't clear, i think so too
i guess i thought the clip pretty much spoke for itself :lol:
Patronising? I'm not the one who just called you a '****' or said in a condescending way that some people feel the need to make 'unnecessary debate' and get the 'high ground'. Take a good look at yourself.

You've been responding in this petulant way since my first response to you which was perfectly civil, and it's obvious that you simply have nothing to say in return but can't stomach not having the last word, however cheap it is.

I didn't call you that personally, just there are a lot of your type around and it's getting rather boring.

I have nothing to say, because this discussion is based on nothing but misunderstandings and lead to this unnecessary debate. I have a right to defend myself when insulted, just a you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Given that a girls horniness and level of sexuality as such is determined by her hormones, why do people view girls like that as "lacking morales" or disgusting when they cant help feeling the way they do? Its like they choose to feel the need to do everyguy, they cant help feeling like that and are just acting on their instincts? whats wrong with that? I even think of them as immorale, we all do, but I dont get WHY we do, if u know what I mean? anyone wanna explain?

its a by product of a BS age when women were expected to cook clean and breed for thier men.

Total crap.

To me as long as your cautious and your not hurting anyone, go for it. Enjoy life you only have the one
Yourself included, molecular biologist?

My first degree was biological sciences. I'm suitably qualified to be an evolutionary geneticist. At postgrad, I chose molecular/bioinformatics for the career prospects.

Enough about me, what's your background?
Original post by bubble999
I didn't call you that personally, just there are a lot of your type around and it's getting rather boring.

My type? The type that debates? If you find a few lines of discussion on the internet boring I hate to think what a gruelling experience university and work will be for you, or what sort of abuse you will hurl at your lecturers and bosses for not speaking entirely in text speech and smileys.

I have nothing to say, because this discussion is based on nothing but misunderstandings and lead to this unnecessary debate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You talk a lot for someone with nothing to say. It's not based on a misunderstanding. You made a point, I responded, you had nothing to say and so tried to pass it off as a joke. It happens daily on TSR.

I have a right to defend myself when insulted, just a you do

The crucial difference being you weren't insulted.
Original post by Aniaa
well a guy can also make a girl pregnant everytime he has sex and its also his child. So this way they also take risk but still they arent taken for 'male sluts'

They ARE male sluts still and yes, a guy can get a lot of girls pregnant if he is a slut but if they're heartless b a s t a r d s who just don't give a damn about their partner(s), they will impregnate those women and not take any responsibility for the children. But if a girl gets pregnant, that's her responsibility as she's got a child growing inside her and she needs to decide what she's going to do with that child. So,. I realise there's still a risk with guys but more with women.
I do find all this rather interesting. Especially the science side of it. So what are people's opinion on whether we can control our hormones/sexual desire?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 99
You should see the chimps! YouTube "chimp frog rape" :biggrin:

Oh god seen that video far too many times!!

Not one word of a lie though I once saw a gay dolphin gangbang with my own eyes.

Latest

Trending

Trending