The Student Room Group

A bit of a complicated situation, who should I help?

Poll

Who would you help?

OK, I have a bit of a problem and a dilemma here, just curious how would you deal with it and who would you choose to help?

Background

Spoiler

Then the following happened.

Spoiler

Then while I was in UK.

Spoiler

When I returned to Norway.

Spoiler

Would you do?

Would you go to the headteacher and vouch for that girl?

Would you buy again from that business...... he still hasn't come back with an apology.
Reply 1
Bump.
Reply 2
A lot of people advised you not to go ahead with trying to make the step father unemployed... :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kosovaa
A lot of people advised you not to go ahead with trying to make the step father unemployed... :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ta qifsha nanen

What does that mean????
The clue you gave him was a bit cryptic, so I doubt that in one day he'll figure it out. You could've just told him bluntly that you took a comment by one of his staff members as a personal insult.

I would tell the business owner the exact problem you have, and then agree to resume purchasing from that business once the staff member is dealt with.

I don't care about bullies, and therefore I don't care about the girl. In other words, help the business.
Reply 5
Original post by Lord Frieza
Ta qifsha nanen

What does that mean????

I posted a thread about the issue previously.
Original post by Alfissti
I posted a thread about the issue previously.

What issue
Reply 7
Original post by Kosovaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't do anything to him.
Reply 8
Original post by Lord Frieza
What issue

The issue is in the "background" and it was about the bullying that was going on, I did think of the possibility of using my economic leverage on the company to find a way to get the stepfather of that girl get the sack but finally decided against it.
Reply 9
Original post by ThatPerson
The clue you gave him was a bit cryptic, so I doubt that in one day he'll figure it out. You could've just told him bluntly that you took a comment by one of his staff members as a personal insult.

I would tell the business owner the exact problem you have, and then agree to resume purchasing from that business once the staff member is dealt with.

I don't care about bullies, and therefore I don't care about the girl. In other words, help the business.

The person in question is the wife of the owner, they both co-own and run the business.

They figured out the clue but she doesn't want to apologize.
Reply 10
The person in question is the wife of the owner, they both co-own and run the business.

They figured out the clue but she doesn't want to apologize.

I read your post.

TBH, I do feel sorry for the people who have lost their job to no fault of their own. But ... the woman is quite a piece of work. I learned the hard way about parents; some of them would do some ****ty things just to make it seemed that they are not in the wrong and it is you who are at fault. I had the unfortunate pleasure of releasing this kid who stole something from me (a very valuable and expensive item) from the police because I felt sorry for the kid and the family, and I think he still had a future ahead. I found out later (after going through all avenues to release the kid from jail) that the mother blamed me for getting the wrong person. Until to this day I wonder if helping others could be overrated.

I think getting the lady fired is more than enough; making a condition that she doesn't work for the business is an option as well.
I understand that you have experiences dealing with businesses, and based on this post, you don't seem to be interested with the livelihood of each individual employee or the owner themselves so I don't think saving the business now is an option to you?

How's the situation now actually?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by kka25

The business :- It is a smallish fish processing factory. We never resumed doing business as the owner of the factory insisted his wife had apologized, she however refused to apologize and then went on to deny that she made any offensive statements. I gave them several chances but each time she didn't show up and gave me the ultimatum that if I wanted to buy from them buy or else bugger off. Their rivals found out what was happening and quickly rushed to be suppliers as I was paying wholesale + 25% in order to guarantee quality and quantity. They kept cutting corners and lost most of their customers, 2 months ago it went out of business.

The bullying girl :- She stopped her nonsense for a month or so and then it continued again. I told the headteacher that I had come to see her more than enough time with regard to this issue and I'm not going to come by again either they expel her or I was going to inform the area schools inspector and I was also going to inform several newspapers about the incident. They decided to suspend her until the mother agreed to allow counseling to take place. The mother refused and instead transferred the girl to another school.

The mother of the bully :- She fought with the school at every step to insist that her daughter had not done anything wrong and insisted it was completely normal behaviour for a 9 year old girl to kiss and french kiss boys of her age. She then insisted the teacher and headteacher reveal how much I had paid or donated to the school that they would go so far as to expel. I offered to pay for the counselor as I was rather curious why a 9 year old girl would be doing stuff that was usually done by 19 year old girls who has had too much to drink at a club. She refused and told me to go to hell. She started working at a supermarket that I frequent to 3 months ago. I've since stopped going to that supermarket.

The stepfather of the bully :- I felt rather sorry for him. He was the innocent party that got caught in the crossfire. He did try his best to steer the mother of the bully from being confrontational with me as he was far more rational about the whole incident but his partner was simply too stubborn or simply thought she could be a hero. 5 months after the incident I met him near the "dole office" and he was pleasant, told me he had split with the mother of the bully but was still jobless. I gave him a reference and one of my suppliers finally gave him a job.

My right hand person :- I gave her a promotion but told her next time don't jump the gun that way.
Reply 12
The business :- It is a smallish fish processing factory. We never resumed doing business as the owner of the factory insisted his wife had apologized, she however refused to apologize and then went on to deny that she made any offensive statements. I gave them several chances but each time she didn't show up and gave me the ultimatum that if I wanted to buy from them buy or else bugger off. Their rivals found out what was happening and quickly rushed to be suppliers as I was paying wholesale + 25% in order to guarantee quality and quantity. They kept cutting corners and lost most of their customers, 2 months ago it went out of business.

The bullying girl :- She stopped her nonsense for a month or so and then it continued again. I told the headteacher that I had come to see her more than enough time with regard to this issue and I'm not going to come by again either they expel her or I was going to inform the area schools inspector and I was also going to inform several newspapers about the incident. They decided to suspend her until the mother agreed to allow counseling to take place. The mother refused and instead transferred the girl to another school.

The mother of the bully :- She fought with the school at every step to insist that her daughter had not done anything wrong and insisted it was completely normal behaviour for a 9 year old girl to kiss and french kiss boys of her age. She then insisted the teacher and headteacher reveal how much I had paid or donated to the school that they would go so far as to expel. I offered to pay for the counselor as I was rather curious why a 9 year old girl would be doing stuff that was usually done by 19 year old girls who has had too much to drink at a club. She refused and told me to go to hell. She started working at a supermarket that I frequent to 3 months ago. I've since stopped going to that supermarket.

The stepfather of the bully :- I felt rather sorry for him. He was the innocent party that got caught in the crossfire. He did try his best to steer the mother of the bully from being confrontational with me as he was far more rational about the whole incident but his partner was simply too stubborn or simply thought she could be a hero. 5 months after the incident I met him near the "dole office" and he was pleasant, told me he had split with the mother of the bully but was still jobless. I gave him a reference and one of my suppliers finally gave him a job.

My right hand person :- I gave her a promotion but told her next time don't jump the gun that way.

Whatever happened to the owner and his wife?

TBH, I find the whole thing to be a bit odd but not surprising. The wife of the owner, and the mother of the girl probably have some unresolved pride issues really, or as you said, too stubborn [for their own good].

The victims here are the husbands (particularly the stepfather), as well as the staffs. Hope everything works out for the stepfather now he's gotten a job.
Reply 13
Original post by kka25
Whatever happened to the owner and his wife?

TBH, I find the whole thing to be a bit odd but not surprising. The wife of the owner, and the mother of the girl probably have some unresolved pride issues really, or as you said, too stubborn [for their own good].

The victims here are the husbands (particularly the stepfather), as well as the staffs. Hope everything works out for the stepfather now he's gotten a job.

All of their former 35 staff went on to work for one of their neighbours as it is at an industrial park with similar types of industries. Most of them found jobs within days of being let go. Towards the end the business was just the 2 of them that ran the whole thing and their son as the delivery driver.

After they went out of business he went to work for one company that sold vans meant for cold-chain logistics. I met him at a trade show and did speak to him but he wasn't too interested in any business dealings even though I had asked him to bring a few of his vans over to our office as we were interested in replacing our fleet, he said he would come by but never showed up. I don't hold anything personal against him.

The woman, after their business went bust (it went bust after the bank repossessed some of their machinery) she told several of her neighbours that they should not do business with me as I was the reason her factory went out of business. When asked about what she said (most already knew the story from her former employees that went on to work for her neighbours) she told them she made a joke that I took the wrong way and didn't give her a chance to apologize. She also told 3 of my suppliers I am not a good customer as I squeezed suppliers to the thinnest of margins and never settled bills on time, they didn't take heed of what she had to say as I paid them wholesale price + 25% which is very generous and I operate cash before delivery as I did with her. No idea what's happened to her since as have not seen or heard from her.

Quick Reply

Latest