The Student Room Group

Fat face

Hey guys. I am 21 year old. I weigh around 55 kg (121 pounds) and my height is 5ft 2 inches.
I have a normal body shape but my cheeks are huge. They look puffy and really fat giving me an overall fat appearance. I have a bigger face and the shape is somewhat round to squarish and on top of that fat cheeks dont help. Also I do have fat around my tummy area and bum so..

I used to weigh around 49kgs a year back. So yeah, I gained about 6 kgs in one year. This has made my face even bigger.

I need to shed off this weight and do something about these cheeks.
Any kind of advice about exercise, food to eat/avoid will be appreciated. (No surgery advice please.)
Reply 1
You need to do cardio, running or rowing, 20-30 mins a day, medium to high intensity depending on how much you develop your stamina/endurance. Regarding nutrition cut about 300-500 calories. Don't eat stuff that's fried or has loads of saturated fat in it. Your carbs i.e rice/pasta/bread switch to brown instead of white. Also don't deny yourself treats too much, have a day where you can eat one or two meals that you enjoy so your cravings don't make you pig out.

Most of all be patient and don't expect over night results.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Alright. Thankyou.
Original post by RBme
Hey guys. I am 21 year old. I weigh around 55 kg (121 pounds) and my height is 5ft 2 inches.
I have a normal body shape but my cheeks are huge. They look puffy and really fat giving me an overall fat appearance. I have a bigger face and the shape is somewhat round to squarish and on top of that fat cheeks dont help. Also I do have fat around my tummy area and bum so..

I used to weigh around 49kgs a year back. So yeah, I gained about 6 kgs in one year. This has made my face even bigger.

I need to shed off this weight and do something about these cheeks.
Any kind of advice about exercise, food to eat/avoid will be appreciated. (No surgery advice please.)

Go to the gym. In terms of your face chew gum alot to work the muscles in your jaw. Also suck your cheeks right in like a fish face for a minute release again and try again and train the muscles to tone down.
Im the opposite lol. Im 5'7 and weight 8 stones. I need to put on weight but no matter how much i eat or what i eat i don't. Luckily I've been quite blessed around the chest area so its not thaat bad but still want to gain weight!
Original post by Ribbit1234
In terms of your face chew gum alot to work the muscles in your jaw. Also suck your cheeks right in like a fish face for a minute release again and try again and train the muscles to tone down.

Err, what?:confused:
Reply 5
Also suck your cheeks right in like a fish face for a minute release again and try again and train the muscles to tone down.

Hahaha dude, that's one of the funniest thongs I've ever read

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Lift weights 3x a week (2 leg exercises out of squats/hip thrusts/deadlifts for 4 sets of 6, a push exercise, a pull exercise and a core exercise), progress with heavier weight each week, walk on incline every day for 30 mins post-lifting and 60 mins on other days, eat mainly veg, fruit, meat, fish, eggs and everything else moderation ie a bowl of cereal only before hard workouts, or one or two toast with eggs. 6 months later, you will have a toned physique, a thinned out face and men will drool :smile:. Body composition is more important than weight. Think female athlete as opposed to skinny model and life will be easier.
Reply 7
Original post by 2ndClass
You need to do cardio, running or rowing, 20-30 mins a day, medium to high intensity depending on how much you develop your stamina/endurance. Regarding nutrition cut about 300-500 calories. Don't eat stuff that's fried or has loads of saturated fat in it. Your carbs i.e rice/pasta/bread switch to brown instead of white. Also don't deny yourself treats too much, have a day where you can eat one or two meals that you enjoy so your cravings don't make you pig out.

Most of all be patient and don't expect over night results.

Combining strength training with cardio (not necessarily too high intensity) is the way to go. The rest is with diet, but saturated fat is fine - it's a myth of the late 20th century that sat fats are bad for you, trans fat is the one to avoid and wholegrain/brown is better than white but really that doesn't have an impact on calories or body composition, but it is slightly healthier. Health doesn't always correlate to effect on bodyweight of food. Nuts are very calorie dense but are still good for you, white/brown bread has pretty much the same calorie content and neither are especially healthy. Enjoy treats in moderation, but stick to natural nutrient dense food as your health is important to and veggies/fruit/meat/fish are filling.
Original post by jonnny
Hahaha dude, that's one of the funniest thongs I've ever read

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it sounds like im just chattin boll ocks but it's true you can do facial exercises too. Obviously the main way to lose weight is tgrough dieting and gym
Reply 9
you need to get facial aesthetics
Reply 10
I've been researching this for a month because I wanted to get rid of my chubby cheeks.

Conclusion: to get rid of them lose weight. Simple. There is no other way, naturally

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by The_Blade
I've been researching this for a month because I wanted to get rid of my chubby cheeks.

Conclusion: to get rid of them lose weight. Simple. There is no other way, naturally

Face exercises do nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Luckily I've been quite blessed around the chest area

Any pics?
Reply 13
Go to the gym. In terms of your face chew gum alot to work the muscles in your jaw. Also suck your cheeks right in like a fish face for a minute release again and try again and train the muscles to tone down.
Im the opposite lol. Im 5'7 and weight 8 stones. I need to put on weight but no matter how much i eat or what i eat i don't. Luckily I've been quite blessed around the chest area so its not thaat bad but still want to gain weight!

Err WHAT?

OP: dont listen to this. You can't work your facial muscles to the extent that it helps with your looks. You only need to lose fat on your body. And theres only one way to do that: caloric deficit.

Everything else is just supplementary to this. For example, running simply allows you to eat more food and still be in a deficit. Building muscle allows you to burn more calories at rest, allowing you to eat more without being in a surplus. And so on.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest