The Student Room Group

I've identified myself as greysexual, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
I can't really speak for OP, but from what I've seen if the thread, they've stated attraction which doesn't necessarily mean sexual attraction.

Which goes back to my point of low sex-drive.....

But OP is clearly attention-seeking with all the different labels.
Original post by SoftPunch
Which goes back to my point of low sex-drive.....

But OP is clearly attention-seeking with all the different labels.

Not really - as I said before, that's different.
(edited 10 years ago)
Not really - as I said before, that's different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can see where you're coming from together with OP, but that's just unnecessary.

I am sure this whole thing has been made over-complicated.
Reply 143
Tip: cuddles are cute but you seem to go on about it way too much :x
Reply 144
Why do you feel the need to overcomplicate basic human nature and label yourself xsexual? Why not just be hetero or homosexual?
Original post by LukeyJB
Why do you feel the need to overcomplicate basic human nature and label yourself xsexual? Why not just be hetero or homosexual?

I would interject that not everyone falls under the classification of hetero/homosexual.
Reply 146
I would interject that not everyone falls under the classification of hetero/homosexual.

I forgot asexuality.
Original post by LukeyJB
I forgot asexuality.

This.

There's 4 I can think of.

Bisexuality, homosexuality, heterosexuality and asexuality.

Anything else is kinda a delusional nitpicking.
Not sure why people feel the need to segregate themselves under these labels.
I was under the impression that most people appreciate that both sexual and romantic love are a spectrum
Reply 150
Original post by MylittlePlusle
If I was Demisexual I would of been sexually attracted to my close beautiful friends which I am not. I know sex isn't everything... Cuddles are.

That's not what demisexual means.
Reply 151
Original post by Damask-
I assume you describe yourself as gay? That's a label.. There was probably a time when you didn't identify as gay, because you were young or didn't know or just weren't out, but I assume going from using the label 'straight' to 'gay' didn't cause you to suddenly question everything about your identity.

I for one have never seen anyone have an identity crisis over a label, and nobody is forcing anyone to use them. Sure, labels change over time, because people change over time.

If anything is going to lead to an identity crisis it's the sudden realisation that your preferences or feelings have changed, not what you describe them as!

Nope.

Using this many labels to categorise yourself is ridiculous, and it would be disrupting to a persons identity to have to change the way they categorise themselves.
Original post by alow
Nope.

Using this many labels to categorise yourself is ridiculous, and it would be disrupting to a persons identity to have to change the way they categorise themselves.

Why? They're just words.
Reply 153
Original post by RobJ93
Not sure why people feel the need to segregate themselves under these labels.
I was under the impression that most people appreciate that both sexual and romantic love are a spectrum

Quite. Coming up with these labels makes about as much sense as (in hindsight) identifying different 'races' did. And look where that got us.

Having the labels hetero, homo, bi, a and pansexual is as arbitrary as having a load more including demi and grey. Just stop using them at all, ffs.
Reply 154
Original post by alow
Jeez. Why do people feel the need to label ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING?

I don't know, maybe because as a species capable of language we assign different words to different things?
Reply 155
Original post by keromedic
Why? They're just words.

Words that OP is using to define their self.
Original post by RobML
I don't know, maybe because as a species capable of language we assign different words to different things?

Original post by alow
Words that OP is using to define their self.

I agree with RobMl here.
We communicate. Why not say I'm a homocurious furray if that's shorter and more efficient than saying, I prefer guts but don't mind girls and I find animal clothes to be really kinky.
So you're not attracted to men or women?
Reply 158
Original post by RobML

That's completely beside the point. Maybe you should read more than my first post.

Original post by keromedic
I agree with RobMl here.
We communicate. Why not say I'm a homocurious furray if that's shorter and more efficient than saying, I prefer guts but don't mind girls and I find animal clothes to be really kinky.

It's not about efficiency. It's about putting your identity into a box before you understand it.
Original post by alow
That's completely beside the point. Maybe you should read more than my first post.

It's not about efficiency. It's about putting your identity into a box before you understand it.

But you're not putting yourself in a box, you're using words/labels to describe yourself at that point in time...

Quick Reply