The Student Room Group

Euthanasia for disabled people?

This poll is closed

Euthanasia for disabled people?

Yes 46%
No54%
Total votes: 24
I often wondered if the people who want disabled people to lose their benefits would also be in favour of euthanasia.

As a person with a minor disability(Dyslexia) I've always had people tell me "Why don't I just kill myself". My reply simply is I don't want to die just yet. But there seems to be so much hatred out there for disabled people and it doesn't matter if we have a job or if we are on benefits. People just seem to have this blood lust for a very small minority of people.

I guess it doesn't help being a messianic Jew and disabled. Around 1914 Jews where targeted with hatred just like Muslims are now. But it seems to be that the disabled are the new scapegoat.

I always have to look back towards the holocaust just to see how my Jewish brothers and sisters where hated so much. I tend to think at least the German people where honest. Why don't people just say what they think and then act upon their beliefs.

Act upon your beliefs? What do I mean? I mean hang us disabled people on lamp posts or throw us from high up buildings.

I think British people are just to cowardly and they would rather have their Government do it instead.

It is sheep mentality where the mundane sheeps have to rely on GRAND MASTER RAM to order the dirty work to be done.

So I have created a simple poll. Euthanasia for disabled people yes or no.

Imagine how much money you can save?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Good idea.
Perhaps less moaning too - don't just concentrate on the monetary benefit.
You're trolling too hard, people are going to notice
Original post by illegaltobepoor
I often wondered if the people who want disabled people to lose their benefits would also be in favour of euthanasia.

As a person with a minor disability(Dyslexia) I've always had people tell me "Why don't I just kill myself".

Only a troll thinks of euthanasia for dyslexia:rolleyes: How many people call for killing dyslexic people-but exaggerate why don't you.

My reply simply is I don't want to die just yet. But there seems to be so much hatred out there for disabled people and it doesn't matter if we have a job or if we are on benefits. People just seem to have this blood lust for a very small minority of people.

I guess it doesn't help being a messianic Jew and disabled. Around 1914 Jews where targeted with hatred just like Muslims are now. But it seems to be that the disabled are the new scapegoat.
You find me an EDL and BNP equivalent for disabled people; so blatantly racist organisations and political parties that secured in the recent past a worrying number of votes. Find me groups against disabled people like this then I will believe you.
I always have to look back towards the holocaust just to see how my Jewish brothers and sisters where hated so much. I tend to think at least the German people where honest. Why don't people just say what they think and then act upon their beliefs. Act upon your beliefs? What do I mean? I mean hang us disabled people on lamp posts or throw us from high up buildings.

You really are a nutter. No other word for it.
I think British people are just to cowardly and they would rather have their Government do it instead.

It is sheep mentality where the mundane sheeps have to rely on GRAND MASTER RAM to order the dirty work to be done.

Stop whining. No mass murder of the disabled will occur. No-one wants it. Either you are a passionate troll or a seriously delusional individual.
Reply 4
Original post by Mourinho<3
Stop whining. No mass murder of the disabled will occur. No-one wants it. Either you are a passionate troll or a seriously delusional individual.

They do.

The poll is 6-5 for.

When you have far right sociopaths like katie hopkins spouting on tv it could be very possible that the disabled will be blamed for the economic crisis.
When you have far right sociopaths like katie hopkins spouting on tv it could be very possible that the disabled will be blamed for the economic crisis.

Yeah, blamed for the economic crisis:rolleyes: Others see the BNP get a worrying number of votes (and not all who have their views vote for them-they will have many more sympathisers than voters). The EDL, etc-others have it far worse and don't take a "lets kill myself" stance:rolleyes: Nice to see how you won't quote my post that had any points you couldn't respond to. (So most of it:wink:)

Original post by Quady
They do.

The poll is 6-5 for.

Some I presume thought the question was saying for those who wished to die due to euthanasia. Rather than a pity poll.

Others will take the piss out of such a stupid OP. So the poll isn't really valid.
Yeah, blamed for the economic crisis:rolleyes: Others see the BNP get a worrying number of votes (and not all who have their views vote for them-they will have many more sympathisers than voters). The EDL, etc-others have it far worse and don't take a "lets kill myself" stance:rolleyes: Nice to see how you won't quote my post that had any points you couldn't respond to. (So most of it:wink:)

Some I presume thought the question was saying for those who wished to die due to euthanasia. Rather than a pity poll.

Others will take the piss out of such a stupid OP. So the poll isn't really valid.

There doesn't need to be a group for hating disabled people. There are so many out there who cannot stand benefit scroungers on JSA. And if they dislike job seekers imagine how much they hate disability claimants.
There doesn't need to be a group for hating disabled people. There are so many out there who cannot stand benefit scroungers on JSA. And if they dislike job seekers imagine how much they hate disability claimants.

1) There doesn't need to be a group:rolleyes: Sure. My above arguments were perfectly valid but if self pity is what you want to wallow in I will won't argue it any more.

2) There is a difference between scroungers and genuine claimants. Most know that. But massive exaggeration for self-pity is evidently the approach you are going for so I won't bother arguing too much against this either.

Don't mean to be overly harsh but I don't want to lie either-you are really delusional.
1) There doesn't need to be a group:rolleyes: Sure. My above arguments were perfectly valid but if self pity is what you want to wallow in I will won't argue it any more.

2) There is a difference between scroungers and genuine claimants. Most know that. But massive exaggeration for self-pity is evidently the approach you are going for so I won't bother arguing too much against this either.

Don't mean to be overly harsh but I don't want to lie either-you are really delusional.

Cameron calls Millband delusional all the time but Millband is in tune with the reality that the working class and the unemployed go though everyday.

Most disabled people cannot represent themselves on line so these words that make up my posts are not my own, they are part of me and my comrades struggle.

But saying that I am a delusional person is just a offensive insult to try and dis-credit me. Not going to work.
Don't like insults? Then don't insult people.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10

As a person with a minor disability(Dyslexia) I've always had people tell me "Why don't I just kill myself". My reply simply is I don't want to die just yet. But there seems to be so much hatred out there for disabled people and it doesn't matter if we have a job or if we are on benefits. People just seem to have this blood lust for a very small minority of people.

I always have to look back towards the holocaust just to see how my Jewish brothers and sisters where hated so much. I tend to think at least the German people where honest. Why don't people just say what they think and then act upon their beliefs.

Act upon your beliefs? What do I mean? I mean hang us disabled people on lamp posts or throw us from high up buildings.

This is a step that the state should, never, ever take. The notion that any state should in effect encourage suicide (it may not be the intent but indirectly it does) is repulsive and sickens me to my very core. Having a close mentally and emotionally distressed relative i know that in those moments of despair she would purposely make herself seem worse than she was (she's tricked the trained professionals before both to leave hospital and try suicide and because she felt she couldn't cope at home) and as such no amount of safeguards are going to prevent me fearing the worst (and i say this as generally the most optimistic person most of you could ever meet).

No. This is a policy which must never be aloud be taint our society. It is a policy which enables a slippery slope, even political pandering to a select group. I will go as far as saying that if no matter who brought this policy in (be it Tories or Lib Dems) would never ever receive my vote again because to me it would be unforgivable. The state's first duty should be to protect its citizens from harm, euthanasia is an affront to this moral principle whether it restricts individual liberty or not.
Reply 11
As a person with a minor disability(Dyslexia) I've always had people tell me "Why don't I just kill myself".

Yeah mate, that's got nothing to do with your dyslexia. More your personality.
I think people are missing the actual question, he says euthanasia for disabled people, as in kill all disabled people.

Hes cleverly not talking about assisted suicide or anything.
Reply 13
Original post by Apocrypha
I think people are missing the actual question, he says euthanasia for disabled people, as in kill all disabled people.

No, no, we get that.

The OP is pretty clear.
Reply 14
Original post by Apocrypha

Euthanasia for anybody is wrong. Evidence from the Netherlands and Belgium also suggests that over time it will lead to a slippery slope such that any depressed person is regarded as being in enough anguish.

When you consider every time we have a labour government take power to support the policies you advocate, they always seem to leave the country in a worse state than they inherited it.
Reply 16

You do understand that euthanasia is voluntary?
Reply 17
I clicked yes, under the impression that it was consensual/proposed by the disabled person themselves out of a will to end their life. if this is a nazi policy of forcing disabled people to die then, obviously, my answer would be no
Cameron calls Millband delusional all the time but Millband is in tune with the reality that the working class and the unemployed go though everyday.

Most disabled people cannot represent themselves on line so these words that make up my posts are not my own, they are part of me and my comrades struggle.

But saying that I am a delusional person is just a offensive insult to try and dis-credit me. Not going to work. I'm not going to let some rug-rat who's 2 years out of school tell me he knows more than the majority of disabled people in this country.

Don't like insults? Then don't insult people.

We aren't PM's discussing something as complex as the economy. I am just disputing that the people of Britain are planning to murder disabled people. I pity someone who is out of touch enough to believe this-it really is delusional. Not trying to be offensive, but it is a fact.

Me and my comrades? Are you in some kind of war or something?:biggrin: Comrades. I apologise completely-I forgot we were in the Soviet Union in the 60's. I shall now call everyone "comrade" for no apparent reason.:smile:

You are truly insane if you believe what you are posting. It discredits you enough.

Oh no-someone who clearly has never got out into the real world to see how people act or what they really think has called me a "rug-rat".:frown::frown: OUCH!!!

I'm not insecure unlike you. And when someone as delusional as you tries to insult me I don't mind. Most people here are a few years out of school-that is why it is called THE STUDENT ROOM:biggrin:. They still don't come up with craziness that you do.

You don't speak for the majority of the disabled in the UK. Stop saying you do in your last paragraph. You speak for yourself because no one else in the UK is delusional enough to be like you.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself about a mass murder of the disables people that no-one is planning. I can't win here; either I agree with you and agree to being part of some terrible atrocities (the muder of disabled people) or I disagree and someone clearly insane tries to insult me:rolleyes:

Claiming people have told you to kill yourself due to dyslexia:rolleyes: PLEASE!!! So many are dyslexic and for the vast majority this is not the case. Is it because you are dyslexic people don't like you or because you falsely implicte them in a secret plot to murder you. I wonder. (It is the latter I feel after extensive deliberation).

"Don't like insults"? When someone like you insults me I don't care. You seem to be offended when I try and put the truth to you gently however:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending