The Student Room Group

Suddenly things click in my head?

Does anyone else have this thing where they can't tell their mind to learn things and suddenly things will just click?
It happens to me also with piano, I'll be practising for ages or a little time and then I'll suddenly just be able to do it.

Today, in Alevel Further Maths, I suddenly understood why certain trig substitutions were used.
I love it when that happens, I get it all the time in physics. Unfortunately for my teacher, it usually results in an impossible question being asked :laugh:
Original post by StarvingAutist
I love it when that happens, I get it all the time in physics. Unfortunately for my teacher, it usually results in an impossible question being asked :laugh:

Happens to me also. The annoying thing is that my learning of things is very random :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by keromedic
Does anyone else have this thing where they can't tell their mind to learn things and suddenly things will just click?
It happens to me also with piano, I'll be practising for ages or a little time and then I'll suddenly just be able to do it.

Today, in Alevel Further Maths, I suddenly understood why certain trig substitutions were used.

I know that feeling so well, it always occurs to me during f maths as well!
That's me in bio :tongue:
Reply 5
Happened to me when doing recurrence relations in maths, went weeks without a clue and now it's probably the question I'll look to answer first. Best feeling ever
Original post by keromedic
Happens to me also. The annoying thing is that my learning of things is very random :tongue:

Yeah I get that too. I can never remember which way you're meant to imagine an electric current flowing - I mean, conventional current makes no sense - but I'll easily remember the particles stuff, even things I don't need for the exam -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarvingAutist
Yeah I get that too. I can never remember which way you're meant to imagine an electric current flowing - I mean, conventional current makes no sense - but I'll easily remember the particles stuff, even things I don't need for the exam -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just wish I had better mastery over my mind as I can't quite control what I remember.
But these bursts of inspiration often seem to occur when I'm doing other things. They were quite frequent back when I used to read as a hobby.
Reply 8
yes!! it's such a good feeling :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
love it when that happens.. happened today! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest