The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kylerfc
Excellent result again today for Stan! Winning in four sets. Would love to think he has a chance of winning the final but think his opponent (whoever it is) will be the favourite.

To be fair, in the QF, Djokovic was the clear favourite!

I'm delighted for Stan :woo:, that being said, I get a sinking feeling in my stomach that one more huge match against either Rafa or Roger might be a step too far, but you never know!
Reply 21
Original post by JOR2010
Really looking forward to the next few days of tennis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's actually been a fantastic tournament on balance - a few problems with the weather early on, followed by some interesting (and perhaps slightly shocking) upsets, finishing off with two familiar names on the men's side squaring off, another new men's finalist/champion and a new women's AO champion!
Reply 22
Maybe this season won't be the two horse race between Nadal and Djokovic that everyone has predicted since the end of the last season. Federer's hard work has paid dividends so far and Wawrinka has really stepped up. Wawrinka can still have a go at the big guns for a while as he's only 28 so has still got 2 or 3 seasons to go at this level if he works hard maybe he'll sneak a GS
Reply 23
Original post by lizzy95
Maybe this season won't be the two horse race between Nadal and Djokovic that everyone has predicted since the end of the last season. Federer's hard work has paid dividends so far and Wawrinka has really stepped up. Wawrinka can still have a go at the big guns for a while as he's only 28 so has still got 2 or 3 seasons to go at this level if he works hard maybe he'll sneak a GS

Am afraid I disagree Rafole way ahead of the competition! heck Murray has mountain to claim if he wants to be in the top 3!
Novak has lost 1 match since US open and his the likely favourite to grab the Dubai trophy next month!
Reply 24
Found you guys again after a brief moment of worrying that you'd been lost forever.
Reply 25
Original post by ubi1
Aye its Judgement day for Rafa 13-18 too much for Rafa however 14-17 Not too bad aye.
It will be the first time Nadal will lead his grand slam rivalry with Federer 14-13 since Rafa won his first slam both are tied with 13-13

Good point although Fed won 3 slams in the equivalent age season (2009) and i can't see Rafa doing that.

Anybody know when Soderling is coming back?
Reply 26
Original post by ubi1
Am afraid I disagree Rafole way ahead of the competition! heck Murray has mountain to claim if he wants to be in the top 3!
Novak has lost 1 match since US open and his the likely favourite to grab the Dubai trophy next month!

Have to agree although i expect one of them to get no more than 2 slams (so 3 in total) with the 4th going to Murray/Federer/Del Potro.

They'll be comfortably ahead in the rankings but that's probably more because none of the other three are consistent.
Reply 27
Original post by Rakas21
Good point although Fed won 3 slams in the equivalent age season (2009) and i can't see Rafa doing that.

Surely Fed won 2 slams in 2009? Channel Slam?
Reply 28
Original post by ubi1
Surely Fed won 2 slams in 2009? Channel Slam?

Your correct.
Reply 29
Original post by Rakas21
Your correct.

Rafa needs to win 2 slams out of the 4 this year to tie Fed agewise with 15 slams however what works in Rafas favor is that Next 2 seasons Federers slam count age wise is stuck on 16 it's not until another season til he reaches 17 slams. so in total has this year and another 3 years and in total 4 more seasons to tie Federer age wise!
subscribing!
Original post by Rakas21

I've not heard anything about him for a few months now. From what I read a few months ago he seemed determined to come back at some point.
Reply 32
Errani won the doubles.

Fedal on court now.
Reply 33
Nadal takes the first set 7-6 (7-4).

Still don't see a reason to go against 4 sets for Nadal. Fed's serve is not as good as against Tsonga and Murray, he's not coming forward quite as much, he's playing long rallies in which Nadal extracts the error and most importantly Nadal's ability to slow a game down means the first set took 59 minutes so by the time we get to a 4th or 5th set his tank will be empty.
Medical timeout for blister. His hand looks awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Nadal breaks and holds.. 5-2 second set.
Reply 36
Federer has to be the weakest player mentally to be part of the GOAT discussion. What a disappointing performance, but huge props to Nadal. Really hope that the other Swiss plays much better on Sunday.
Reply 37
Well that was a bit disappointing.
Reply 38
Some of the passing shots Nadal hit during the match were just ridiculous! It would take an act of God to stop him from winning on Sunday but I hope Stan rises to the occasion and makes it at least competitive. I say Nadal in 3 sets.
Reply 39
expected result really, I never bought into that crap about his blisters having a major effect

Quick Reply

Latest