The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Original post by hopefulgrad14
Hey. A few offers have already gone out over the past few days.. Most grads are lurking in the grad thread in the medical discussion forum.. Would link, but on my phone sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks so much! i'll be stalking the other thread now
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by HJaved1195
I've had 3 different people PM today me asking for information about the interview and in particular what the ethical scenario and essay question was. One person thought I'd had an offer already and thought I wouldn't mind sharing the information as I'd had my offer already and they wouldn't be competing with me.

Well, I don't want to be nasty but we all went in without prior knowledge, I thought that's what an interview is about to assess YOUR knowledge and skills not someone else's. I just wish people weren't so sneaky it makes me sad that these people want to be Drs.

I should point out what the GMC say about cheating, I think the same applies here whether you're cheating in the class room or just trying to elicit information to benefit you...it is deceitful nonetheless.

TO THOSE THAT HAVE HAD OFFERS ALREADY, please do not disclose any information, you never know who is monitoring this thread and the PM's, I sure wouldn't want to risk my offer if I had one already. It also reduces everyone else's chances that are waiting to hear back.

Sorry for the rant but I only joined TSR yesterday and already bombarded with requests for information.

:smile:

It's winding me up as well, I just give a generic 'be yourself' and say I can't tell you anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2982
Original post by great life
Very sorry about that. Good luck with your other choices. What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE: 3A* 6A 3B
AS:aaab
UKCAT:720
Just got an offer! Interview was on Monday - completely wasn't expecting that to come through so soon :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2984
Original post by callummj6747
It's winding me up as well, I just give a generic 'be yourself' and say I can't tell you anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good:smile: they don't realise we had to sign a waiver for this very reason.
Original post by dadiamondz
Just got an offer! Interview was on Monday - completely wasn't expecting that to come through so soon :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

WELL DONE! I was Monday too, were you morning or afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2986
Original post by HJaved1195
I've had 3 different people PM today me asking for information about the interview and in particular what the ethical scenario and essay question was. One person thought I'd had an offer already and thought I wouldn't mind sharing the information as I'd had my offer already and they wouldn't be competing with me.

Well, I don't want to be nasty but we all went in without prior knowledge, I thought that's what an interview is about to assess YOUR knowledge and skills not someone else's. I just wish people weren't so sneaky it makes me sad that these people want to be Drs.

I should point out what the GMC say about cheating, I think the same applies here whether you're cheating in the class room or just trying to elicit information to benefit you...it is deceitful nonetheless.

TO THOSE THAT HAVE HAD OFFERS ALREADY, please do not disclose any information, you never know who is monitoring this thread and the PM's, I sure wouldn't want to risk my offer if I had one already. It also reduces everyone else's chances that are waiting to hear back.

Sorry for the rant but I only joined TSR yesterday and already bombarded with requests for information.

:smile:

Totally agree with your comments:smile:

To everyone else here on this thread please keep schtum:wink:
Original post by badman101
WELL DONE! I was Monday too, were you morning or afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morning... Why about you?
It was really short though?!! I didn't really think it went too well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
no interview invite as of yet.. is there any hope? Please be realistic!
+ congrats to all with offers :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! Well done, that was so incredibly soon!
Do you know what time your offer came through? :smile:
Original post by lilei_xu

They said that they were interviewing until April/ march so there's still a very good chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Layontheland
Gcse: 5A* 3A
AS: 5A
A-level predicted: 4A*
And I have an A maths a-level, I'm an undergrad :frown:
Ukcat: 717.5 Band 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSC 7A*4A
AS AAAA. A(Epq)
UKCAT. 722.5
pred A*AAA
Hey guys congratulations to everyone who has been getting offers!! I had my interview on the 18th December and am still waiting but i got an email today for my AS certificates, do you think this is a good sign and did anyone with offers get asked this prior to getting their offer?? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was afternoon! I didn't think we would hear for a few weeks, you must have been amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sporthello
Hey guys congratulations to everyone who has been getting offers!! I had my interview on the 18th December and am still waiting but i got an email today for my AS certificates, do you think this is a good sign and did anyone with offers get asked this prior to getting their offer?? :biggrin:

I don't want to give you false hopes but this looks like a good sign - everyone so far who has been asked for as certificates have been given an offer so fingers crossed for you!!!! :smile:

Also by AS certificates do they mean the white sheet of paper with our ums scores on it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lovelycup7
Congrats!! Well done, that was so incredibly soon!
Do you know what time your offer came through? :smile:

About 9.00 last night :smile: Hope you get one soon :smile:
Reply 2996
Original post by lilei_xu

Same here, what are your stats?
Original post by namunah
GCSE: 3A* 6A 3B
AS:aaab
UKCAT:720

What that after an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They said that they were interviewing until April/ march so there's still a very good chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, thanks for your reply! :-)
Original post by VK96
Same here, what are your stats?

ehm, GCSE 5A* 6A, AS aabbb, pred AAA, UKCAT 725 :redface: wbu? + good luck :-)

Quick Reply

Latest