The Student Room Group

Why do people call strangers "beautiful", "sexy" or "hot"?

I hear some people go "Hey there beautiful./sexy/hot stuff." Why? They're strangers, they don't know them, it's "creepy"!

Scroll to see replies

Because the thirst is real.
Reply 2
Because they have the security of anonymity behind the computer screen. Creepy as it is, they won't find out who it really is.
Tbh you're talking to strangers on here...
Original post by chocolatesauce
Tbh you're talking to strangers on here...

I know that, but I wouldn't ever call anyone beautiful.
Reply 5
Oh look another thread by mylittleplusle who'll try to start an argument based around the claim he has no sex drive.

We get it. This is "your thing". We don't need to be reminded about it every 6 hours by a new thread.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I know that, but I wouldn't ever call anyone beautiful.

But some people on here do, probably because they think all the girls on here will fall for that!
Original post by geoking
Oh look another thread by mylittleplusle who'll try to start an argument based around the claim he has no sex drive.

We get it. This is "your thing". We don't need to be reminded about it every 6 hours by a new thread.

Who said I wanted an argument? I don't like fights, people get hurt from them, this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
Original post by chocolatesauce
But some people on here do, probably because they think all the girls on here will fall for that!

I know, I'm asking base of a thread to do "thirst." I don't get it, what do they get from it? An ego boost?
I wouldn't say it to anyone's face, but do I comment to my friends if I think someone is cute? Yup. And then we all go back to our day. It's rather the same as saying you think trees are pretty in autumn, or "Well, that's a nice view". I don't start on a huge spiel about how much I'd like to sleep with them though. That is weird.
I know, I'm asking base of a thread to do "thirst." I don't get it, what do they get from it? An ego boost?

Probably or they are just full filling sexual desires :tongue:
Reply 11
Who said I wanted an argument? I don't like fights, people get hurt from them, this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Deflecting away from the fact that all your threads revolve around the same point - "you don't have a sex drive". We get it. You don't understand human attraction. I don't understand scientology but im not making a thread about it every day.
Maybe they are sexy or beautiful?

Does not know somebody somehow effect your eyesight/sexual attraction?

Wtf even is this thread....
It's a nice compliment to give someone. It's only creepy if they act on it after they compliment someone like for example, they could be forward by buying someone a drink and that can seem wrong to some people.
Reply 14
Original post by KingStannis

Wtf even is this thread....

LMAO, my thoughts exactly.
Reply 15
Stupid question...

Same reason why people call strangers tall or slim.

So you would be creeped out if a hot stranger said you're beautiful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Blade
Stupid question...

Same reason why people call strangers tall or slim.

So you would be creeped out if a hot stranger said you're beautiful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't like it, they don't know me. Anyway, I've never been called attractive at all. (On the internet, yes, but that doesn't count.)
Original post by geoking
Deflecting away from the fact that all your threads revolve around the same point - "you don't have a sex drive". We get it. You don't understand human attraction. I don't understand scientology but im not making a thread about it every day.

This has nothing to do with sex, it's oi to do with strangers calling people attractive...
Reply 18
This has nothing to do with sex, it's oi to do with strangers calling people attractive...

Hence why I said sex drive and not sex. :colonhash:
Original post by geoking
Hence why I said sex drive and not sex. :colonhash:

This has nothing to do with me not finding someone sexually appealing either... I do sometimes, find some females more than cute ( I have a scale of attractiveness), but it's rare, however I could' ever tell them, I don't think I have any right, they do not know me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending