The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
this was my first ever post shame to see the 100+ negs have been removed l0l
Soldiers should not get special treatment.
In this country joining the army is not compulsory, so they should be fully aware of the tragic things their job entails.
There is no glory in killing other human beings, so I don't think soldiers should be praised for "protecting the country".

I'll go hide in a corner and wait for death threats now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Football is crap and I don't see why people like it so much.
When a football team wins YOU did not get through YOU did not win THEY did
Original post by ShannonOliver
Football is crap and I don't see why people like it so much.
When a football team wins YOU did not get through YOU did not win THEY did

This is blasphemy of the highest order. Football is the greatest sport in the world females won't understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3LostContinents
Soldiers should not get special treatment.
In this country joining the army is not compulsory, so they should be fully aware of the tragic things their job entails.
There is no glory in killing other human beings, so I don't think soldiers should be praised for "protecting the country".

I'll go hide in a corner and wait for death threats now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really could not agree any more. No one deserves respect for taking up a job that potentially involves killing someone.
Freedom of Speech is an awful idea.
Democracy is a load of testicles.

People are stupid.

Talent doesn't exist.

The only way humanity is going to advance into a possible space age is not only by embracing organisations like the EU, but by expanding them and getting rid of the idea of a nation state altogether.

Marriage should be completely seperated from ALL government intervention. ie you can marry who/whatever yyou like but those who chose not to marry are not disadvantaged by tax cuts given to married couples.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Brit_Miller
Really could not agree any more. No one deserves respect for taking up a job that potentially involves killing someone.

But don't they deserve respect for risking their life for you? My decision may be slightly biased :redface:
Original post by Kilroy8
But don't they deserve respect for risking their life for you? My decision may be slightly biased :redface:

Why for me? In the recent past soldiers have been deployed fighting wars the British public never wanted to be a part of.

I might agree if it were out of necessity.
Why for me? In the recent past soldiers have been deployed fighting wars the British public never wanted to be a part of.

I might agree if it were out of necessity.

It's the politicians that send them to war. And we all know politicians don't give a toss what the public want :wink:
Emma Watson is an unattractive girl who doesn't fit in anywhere.
Original post by Kilroy8
It's the politicians that send them to war. And we all know politicians don't give a toss what the public want :wink:

I don't disagree - but what's noble or respect-worthy about being under the command of that?
Reply 812
Original post by KICHMYARSE
Emma Watson is an unattractive girl who doesn't fit in anywhere.

Really? :tongue:
I don't disagree - but what's noble or respect-worthy about being under the command of that?

Nothing really. It does take courage, I suppose that is what I respect. The fact that someone can walk down to an IED & calmly defuse it, whilst at any time it could detonate, turning them into pink mist.
Original post by nohomo

Really? :tongue:

yes. not kidding. she gets on my nerve even though i dont know her. i must really hate her.
Original post by Kilroy8
Nothing really. It does take courage, I suppose that is what I respect. The fact that someone can walk down to an IED & calmly defuse it, whilst at any time it could detonate, turning them into pink mist.

Certainly takes balls doing something like that! But I could never submit myself to a job where I may have to kill someone - especially if I didn't agree with the reasons.
Ohhh let's see.

We should stop all foreign aid & unskilled immigration, bring back the death penalty for serious crimes, stop unemployment benefits entirely and create labour camps for those filthy chavs to work producing weapons and trade goods in exchange for food and a bed (under pain of death of course). Anti-social behaviour and laziness should be entirely stamped out, and we should turn Britain into a Western North Korea (but with actual power) and then go ahead and rebuild the Empire to the point of whole world domination, so we can finally drink tea in peace whilst noshing on crumpets and watch Dr. Who without having to worry ourselves about things like Syria and Islam. JOLLY GOOD SHOW.
(edited 10 years ago)
I think David Cameron is a brilliant prime minister.

I've compared to him to the likes of Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher and I think he's the best out of the recent prime ministers by far (however I do disagree with some of his policies but advocate most of them despite not supporting any particular political party at this instance - I like him, not sure about his party though.
Reply 818
Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal
I think David Cameron is a brilliant prime minister.

I've compared to him to the likes of Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher and I think he's the best out of the recent prime ministers by far (however I do disagree with some of his policies but advocate most of them despite not supporting any particular political party at this instance - I like him, not sure about his party though.

He's a ****. You're right that your opinion is unpopular :tongue:
Original post by Lord_Viral
we should turn Britain into a Western North Korea

lol.

Quick Reply

Latest