The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
You could put this on the first post of the page and update it if we gain some more regulars :tongue: Just so everybody can remember each others teams.

Actually I could edit it in :biggrin:
Dirty Leeds fan here. Don't judge me because of my club is all I'll say :wink:
Original post by Kilroy8
Dirty Leeds fan here. Don't judge me because of my club is all I'll say :wink:

If people did that to me they'd think I was homeless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wtf is Brentford Town doing in the OP??
Reply 24
There's a few Blackburn fans on here, isn't there?

I'd be interested in their thoughts/predictions on this weekend's game. Going to be a tough one for us, I reckon.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jangrafess
Wtf is Brentford Town doing in the OP??

Bahahaha oh dear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unlike the premiership fancy boys who refuse to acknowledge that an entire football set up exists below them I believe we can share with non-league :smile: its relevent and although in theory not actually in the league, it is within the english football set up.

EDIT: Just for the sake of doing so- I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan unfortunately.

Hey I'm a Norwich City fan but I still love the Football League! We were there for long enough so I have to appreciate it really!
I try to watch it whenever I can, and in some ways I actually find it more exciting than the Premier League!

Always check in to see how Bristol Rovers are getting on too, got a lot of family who support them!
Original post by Scott129
There's a few Blackburn fans on here, isn't there?

I'd be interested in their thoughts/predictions on this weekend's game. Going to be a tough one for us, I reckon.

I'm a Rovers fan and I think we've got as good as chance of winning as Derby do on Saturday. We've played well at home all season and finally (after offloading about 20 players and signing 12 more) we've got a competitive squad that wants to play for the shirt, not the money. For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling optimistic
Reply 28
Woo first name listed. "Say we are top of the list, say we are top of the list"
Reply 29
Original post by brocklehurst95
I'm a Rovers fan and I think we've got as good as chance of winning as Derby do on Saturday. We've played well at home all season and finally (after offloading about 20 players and signing 12 more) we've got a competitive squad that wants to play for the shirt, not the money. For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling optimistic

5th best home form apparently, up against the best away record in the Championship. I think a draw looks very likely though and I'd feel most confident predicting a 1-1.

Is Jordan Rhodes fit? He didn't play in your last game, did he?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sir Killalot
Hey I'm a Norwich City fan but I still love the Football League! We were there for long enough so I have to appreciate it really!
I try to watch it whenever I can, and in some ways I actually find it more exciting than the Premier League!

Always check in to see how Bristol Rovers are getting on too, got a lot of family who support them!

Ah thats different my friend :tongue: I have muchos respect for the Norwich etc. I'm referring to of course the premiership glory hunters who usually support chelski or manure but sometimes support nobody but bum to death how good the premiership is and fail to see how flawed it is.
Ah thats different my friend :tongue: I have muchos respect for the Norwich etc. I'm referring to of course the premiership glory hunters who usually support chelski or manure but sometimes support nobody but bum to death how good the premiership is and fail to see how flawed it is.

Yay someone who agrees with me! I hate all this "best league in the world" crap tbh!

Tbh Norwich might be back in the Football League the way things are going atm!! :frown:
Yay someone who agrees with me! I hate all this "best league in the world" crap tbh!

Tbh Norwich might be back in the Football League the way things are going atm!! :frown:

Boo, hiss, ex is a Norwich fan :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of Football League clubs still involved in the Cup this weekend however there are some league games.

Tonight
Brentford v Gillingham 19:45 (Live on Sky Sports I Believe)

Saturday
Championship
Blackburn v Derby 15:00
Blackpool v Doncaster 15:00
Ipswich v Reading 15:00
Leicester v Middlesbrough 15:00

League One
Notts County v Walsall 15:00
Oldham v Peterborough 15:00
Rotherham v Crawley 15:00
Swindon v Shrewsbury 15:00
Tranmere v Crewe 15:00
Wolves v Bristol City 15:00

League Two
Accrington v Bury 15:00
Wimbledon v Exeter 15:00
Bristol Rovers v Newport 15:00
Burton v Fleetwood 15:00
Dag & Red v Scunthorpe 15:00
Hartlepool v York 15:00
Mansfield v Wycombe 15:00
Morecambe v Portsmouth 15:00
Northampton v Chesterfield 15:00
Oxford Utd v Torquay 15:00
Plymouth v Cheltenham 15:00
Scunthorpe v Fleetwood 19:45 (Playing Monday)
Bradford City fan checking in, and to begin with Kennedy out and Chris Atkinson and Kyle Bennett in

Norwich are my prem team. Everyone who supports a football league team usually have a 'prem team' :biggrin:
Just as well considering you bought half of our squad :
Reply 36
Original post by IMBCFC
Bradford City fan checking in, and to begin with Kennedy out and Chris Atkinson and Kyle Bennett in

Being a CM you don't have any intention of throwing him straight into your first team do you?
Original post by Scott129
5th best home form apparently, up against the best away record in the Championship. I think a draw looks very likely though and I'd feel most confident predicting a 1-1.

Is Jordan Rhodes fit? He didn't play in your last game, did he?

I've no idea what the score will be but I'm pretty confident it'll be close. It won't be an easy game for either team.

Apparently Rhodes was coming back from injury, but I think it was a bit of a white lie. I'm guessing he was rested (nothing wrong with it) but I think Rovers were limiting his game time to deter any bids from him if he ended up scoring a hat-trick. It sounds cynical but I think we're trying not to put him in the spotlight, otherwise we'd be subject to bids for him. Same reason why he didn't play against either of the City games
Original post by Mockery
Being a CM you don't have any intention of throwing him straight into your first team do you?

I wouldnt be so sure of that. He's an "attacking minded midfielder" with some pace and youth. So hopefully first team
Original post by Kilroy8
Norwich are my prem team. Everyone who supports a football league team usually have a 'prem team' :biggrin:

I think not - you don't have two teams, certainly not in the same country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest