The Student Room Group

Why is the Labour party full of racists?

When 5 labour councillors are expelled from the party, Mr Shahed makes a good point about institutional racism within the party.

" As far as I am aware, I have been written to by the compliance officer of the London Regional Labour party, advising me that my membership has been terminated for the following reason:

Clause 2.1.4.B of the Labour party rules states: “A member of the party who joins and/ or supports a political organisation other than an official Labour group or other unit of the party, or supports any candidate who stands against an official Labour candidate, or publicly declares their intent to stand against a Labour candidate, shall automatically be ineligible to be or remain a party member, subject to the provisions of part 6.1.2 of the disciplinary rules. You are, therefore, no longer a member of the Labour Party and have been removed from the national membership system.”

HOWEVER

Labour peer Lord Alan Sugar, aka The Apprentice, appeared in the Guardian on 19 April, where it was reported:

Sugar tweeted: “I don’t care if Ed Miliband is backing Livingstone. I seriously suggest NO-ONE votes for Livingstone in the Mayoral elections.” He also wrote: “Livingstone must NOT get in on 3rd May.”

So the rules apply to everyone as long as you are white?

http://trialbyjeory.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/five-councillors-expelled-from-labour-labour-is-racist-and-what-about-the-lord-sugar-and-dan-hodges-cases/

A Yougov report takes this comparison further by revealing that over half of BNP voters are former Labour supporters.
http://www.collativelearning.com/blogbreakingnews/?p=109

What about the leading politicians in the party? Are they anymore racist than the party machine? Yes. Dianne Abbott hates white people. She has been very explicitly clear on this on several occasions.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100127409/was-diane-abbotts-tweet-racist/
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/06/diane-abbott-tweet-anti-white-racism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B25Wfvw1uzM

To those who still haven't got an understanding, then I leave you to read read this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22485739
http://www.voice-online.co.uk/articl...discrimination
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/tal...8.html#RsUpMeQ

Racism? It seems to be very much embedded within the Labour party. Why do people vote for a racist party? They are just as bad as the BNP.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was about to say the only racist I've come across in the Labour Party is Diane Abbott!

I don't really think the rest is racist, more to do with Sugars high profile and large donations.
Reply 2
Diane Abbott is very likely the most racist MP in Parliament, if not, the only "proud" racist
however, I don't know if any other labour MPs are racists, I wouldn't say it's evident
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by redferry
I was about to say the only racist I've come across in the Labour Party is Diane Abbott!

I don't really think the rest is racist, more to do with Sugars high profile and large donations.

Clearly not. The evidence is there when you start to dig.
Reply 4
Original post by Monkey.Man
Diane Abbott is very likely the most racist MP in Parliament
however, I don't know if any other labour MPs are racists, I wouldn't say it's evident

Their own councillors are saying otherwise. THIER OWN PARTY MEMBERS.
Reply 5
Diane Abbott is very likely the most racist MP in Parliament, if not, the only "proud" racist

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7678172/General-Election-2010-Immigration-minister-Phil-Woolas-accused-of-inflaming-racial-tensions-in-seat.html
Reply 6
Original post by the mezzil
Their own councillors are saying otherwise. THIER OWN PARTY MEMBERS.

well now that you mention it, there might be a consensus of anti-white racism, e.g. abott's ideology, but I don't know enough to judge that
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
well now that you mention it, there might be a consensus of anti-white racism, evidently in the school systems, e.g. the recent news story about how poor white children are being disfavoured in favour of other races for politically correct reasons, but I don't know enough to make a judgement on that - if people like the labour party desire state multiculturalism (or more specifically affirmative action), which is definitionally racist in a lot of respects, then it's still rather likely, and diane abott is probably all over that kind of thing

So we should just leave it there and not scratch below the surface? Racism is rife within the Labour party. Their own MP's stirred up racial tensions with Muslims. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7678172/General-Election-2010-Immigration-minister-Phil-Woolas-accused-of-inflaming-racial-tensions-in-seat.html
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
So we should just leave it there and not scratch below the surface? Racism is rife within the Labour party. Their own MP's stirred up racial tensions with Muslims. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7678172/General-Election-2010-Immigration-minister-Phil-Woolas-accused-of-inflaming-racial-tensions-in-seat.html

actually I'm not sure that's only labour, that's probably still condoned by the conservatives seeing as this mindset of policy is still in the air in these last 4 years, maybe that's simply the damage they did. in terms of the school policies, I, again, can't completely judge if that's councils or that's based on a national law approach
Reply 9
actually I'm not sure that's only labour, that's probably still condoned by the conservatives seeing as this mindset of policy is still in the air in these last 4 years, maybe that's simply the damage they did. in terms of the school policies, I, again, can't completely judge if that's councils or that's based on a national law approach

Indeed. However, do you not think it is surprising coming from a party which promotes multiculturalism? Shouldn't they be the least racist party, not borderline BNP?
Reply 10
Clearly not. The evidence is there when you start to dig.

On the plus side at least you do have to dig unlike with the conservatives and UKIP.
Reply 11
On the plus side at least you do have to dig unlike with the conservatives and UKIP.

Or could it be that they try and cover it up, which makes it far, far worse because they are not open with the electorate?
Reply 12
Or could it be that they try and cover it up, which makes it far, far worse because they are not open with the electorate?

Being involved in the Labour party all I can say is I've not come across it myself nor have my colleagues. Hopefully as us youngsters rise up the ranks it will stop.
Reply 13
Being involved in the Labour party all I can say is I've not come across it myself nor have my colleagues. Hopefully as us youngsters rise up the ranks it will stop.

I see the cover up is extended throughout all levels of the party. Why support a party that allows Diana Abbott to discriminate against whites? Why support a party which MP has stirred racial tensions against Muslims (Phil Woolas)? Why support a party that discriminates against Muslims? Why support a party that is supported by many members of the BNP? I could go on

Your own councillors are calling out on the institutional racism.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I see the cover up is extended throughout all levels of the party. Why support a party that allows Diana Abbott to discriminate against whites? Why support a party which MP has stirred racial tensions against Muslims (Phil Woolas)? Why support a party that discriminates against Muslims? Why support a party that is supported by many members of the BNP? I could go on

Your own councillors are calling out on the institutional racism.

Well clearly its not supported by supporters of the BNP as they support the BNP :confused:

Diane abbots a knob but you can't judge a party by one person.

My experience with Birmingham labour party was very inclusive towards Muslims.

Anyway what do you suggest - vote for sexist and racist conservatives, ukip or respect, sexist lib dems, or wasted vote barmy greens?

The only way to enact change is to get involved and bring these issues up with the party in question.
Reply 15
Well clearly its not supported by supporters of the BNP as they support the BNP :confused:

Diane abbots a knob but you can't judge a party by one person.

My experience with Birmingham labour party was very inclusive towards Muslims.

Anyway what do you suggest - vote for sexist and racist conservatives, ukip or respect, sexist lib dems, or wasted vote barmy greens?

The only way to enact change is to get involved and bring these issues up with the party in question.

My apologies. I meant that a Yougov report reveals that over half of BNP voters are former Labour supporters.
http://www.collativelearning.com/blo...ingnews/?p=109
Labour must attract the wrong sort which then go off and go full out racist.

You can judge a part by its prominent leaders. I'm sorry but that's the fact. She is very much in the limelight and she's a racist. If the Labour party had any sense of respect they would of removed her straight away, Just like Bloom and UKIP. But because she is still allowed to run riot, it just backs up my point that the party is institutionally racist because they refuse to deal with her.

I guess Birmingham would be inclusive to Muslims, but not so whites, or Europeans. I would also like to see the race statistics of the Birmingham councillors, that might prove interesting.

I'm not going to get involved in a membership of any party which is racist. No thank you. I don't represent racists, and I certainly don't want to be around them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
My apologies. I meant that a Yougov report reveals that over half of BNP voters are former Labour supporters.
http://www.collativelearning.com/blo...ingnews/?p=109

You can judge a part by its prominent leaders. I'm sorry but that's the fact. She is very much in the limelight and she's a racist. If the Labour party had any sense of respect they would of removed her straight away, Just like Bloom and UKIP. But because she is still allowed to run riot, it just backs up my point that the party is institutionally racist because they refuse to deal with her.

I guess Birmingham would be inclusive to Muslims, but not so whites, or Europeans. I would also like to see the race statistics of the Birmingham councillors, that might prove interesting.

I'm not going to get involved in a membership of any party which is racist. No thank you. I don't represent racists, and I certainly don't want to be around them.

So its less racist now as they don't support labour any more?

Well didn't she recently get demoted?

I'm white! They were perfectly inclusive to whites too! My mp was white and then Asian then white again (not the same person having weird race changes I hasten to add). Not sure about outside my constituency.

So you have a choice between lib dem and green, who you going to go for?
Reply 17
So its less racist now as they don't support labour any more?

Well didn't she recently get demoted?

I'm white! They were perfectly inclusive to whites too! My mp was white and then Asian then white again (not the same person having weird race changes I hasten to add). Not sure about outside my constituency.

So you have a choice between lib dem and green, who you going to go for?

No, labour is a breeding ground for racists. Once they are indoctrinated they go off and join the BNP.

"demoted", yes! And not kicked out! Any other party would kick her out for clearly being a discriminatory bigot. They kicked Phil Woolas out for inciting racial tensions (he is white) but when a black woman does the same, its just a "demotion". Racism.
Reply 18
If the BNP has a lot of support from former Labour supporters, doesn't it suggest that they have been turned off the Labour Party for some reason? I guess as they have turned to the BNP, they feel Labour isn't racist enough for them. Of course they wouldn't see it that way.
Reply 19
No, labour is a breeding ground for racists. Once they are indoctrinated they go off and join the BNP.

"demoted", yes! And not kicked out! Any other party would kick her out for clearly being a discriminatory bigot. They kicked Phil Woolas out for inciting racial tensions (he is white) but when a black woman does the same, its just a "demotion". Racism.

You are delusional. Have you seen the conservatives or ukip kicking their racest MPs out? Be 'any other party' would do it.

Phil Woolas was worse than Diane About with what he did.

For your interest I got 24 Asian/North African MPs and 51 black/white (difficult to tell cultural heritage) based on the names of the MPs. That also means one went walkabout as there's 76 labour MPs. Not the most accurate way to work it out I know but probably a fair guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending