The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by almh
I just rang up the admissions office and they said that they could not tell me what the cutoff scores are, so I have no idea how people have managed to find this out.. I wouldn't trust them basically!
She just said that if you are still waiting to hear, they should be telling us within the next week so keep an eye on your emails.
I suppose it doesn't look so promising now that lots of people seem to have been given interviews already, but you never know!
I am a graduate going for the a101 course and got 2980 UKCAT.. hoping thats good enough although not feeling very optimistic right now!

Ggggggeeeeeeeee .".. thanks .. For not trusting...( lol) . ... They won't give the official cut offs till they have given out offers but many have repeated the same message ... I called in ages ago one confirmed it... One said nothing ( what they told u)) ...... So what we can take from that is they have given out majority of interviews for a101 ".. We are probably in their bank of waiting list for interview if and only if there is an act of god / many decline to attend the interview .. Which means la la la in reality ....lol obviously the uni is more than welcome to prove me wrong ... Fingers crossed I AM !!!!!i want to be wrong !!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1961
Original post by almh
I just rang up the admissions office and they said that they could not tell me what the cutoff scores are, so I have no idea how people have managed to find this out.. I wouldn't trust them basically!
She just said that if you are still waiting to hear, they should be telling us within the next week so keep an eye on your emails.
I suppose it doesn't look so promising now that lots of people seem to have been given interviews already, but you never know!
I am a graduate going for the a101 course and got 2980 UKCAT.. hoping thats good enough although not feeling very optimistic right now!

I hope that this is a good sign, I still haven't been rejected with the same UKCAT score. I'd all but given up hope but it's nice to think there may be a sliver of something there!
Original post by almh

Thanks for calling!!

I think we all should stay optimistic. Interview invites went out a couple of weeks ago for interviews in late January. According to PGSQ, there's another batch of interviews in late February. (I'd say only half of the interviews have gone out. They can't hand them all out at once because there's an article and it's only fair that everyone gets the same length of time to prepare for it.)

Besides, I reckon it's better waiting for an interview than waiting for ages and ages and AGES after an interview for a decision.
Original post by Cephalosporin
Thanks for calling!!

I think we all should stay optimistic. Interview invites went out a couple of weeks ago for interviews in late January. According to PGSQ, there's another batch of interviews in late February. (I'd say only half of the interviews have gone out. They can't hand them all out at once because there's an article and it's only fair that everyone gets the same length of time to prepare for it.)

Besides, I reckon it's better waiting for an interview than waiting for ages and ages and AGES after an interview for a decision.

THERE ARE MORE INTERVIES FOR A100 i was talkin about a101

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok but I would very much like to find out next week :L
Original post by hello101

Posted from TSR Mobile

OH!! okay. Sorry :P Didn't read!!!!!!

Original post by XingBairong
Ok but I would very much like to find out next week :L

ME TOO.
... I'm going to assume that I'm one of those unfortunates that finds out late Feb/March that they've been rejected.

Also, we've hit our 100th page. Hooray (?)
Reply 1967
Ahhh i got an interview on Wednesday and have barley prepared! We've had our chemistry and bio practicals all this week and the next :frown:( i'm so worried about the interview I really wanna get an offer! Does anyone have any advice on how i should prepare?? especially regarding the article!
Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance x
Original post by nana96
Thank you so much for your help and advice! I wish you all the best, and yes hopefully I will see you in Sept if I get through this :biggrin: ..
1 last question if you don't mind, you said that I should link the article to stuff in my work experience, the subject of the article they sent me has NOTHING to do with my work experience, I have done an essay (as part of a competition) about a similar topic in the past so could I link it to that instead of strictly linking it to my work experience?

I have this problem too besides the obvious thing that that could happen!
What are the girls wearing for the interview?

Do you think a blazer is a must? Or a cardigan will suffice?
Reply 1970
Original post by Marisa-chan
What are the girls wearing for the interview?

Do you think a blazer is a must? Or a cardigan will suffice?

I wore a pant suit to mine, if in doubt I'd always go with the smarter option, better to look sharper than everyone else than a bum :smile:

*EDIT*... not that a cardigan would make you look like a bum...
Reply 1971
Anyone got an interview tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 1972
Original post by ZakRob
Anyone got an interview tomorrow? :smile:

Me! What times yours?
Original post by WoWiggles
When do people think the next batch of interviews are being sent out? (For A100, still yet to hear anything, UCAS tariff (480, 3 A* at A2 1 A at AS), UKCAT 785). I dont understand how I havent been rejected as people with higher tariffs and UCKATs have been, any ideas?

I THINK (can only speculate) this is the order of interview offers given out starting from earliest to latest: International, graduates, highest tariff A-Level students to lowest. Just sit tight and wait and stop making assumptions that you will get rejected.
Reply 1974
Original post by Ke299
Me! What times yours?

13:30 , what about yourself?
Original post by games211
I THINK (can only speculate) this is the order of interview offers given out starting from earliest to latest: International, graduates, highest tariff A-Level students to lowest. Just sit tight and wait and stop making assumptions that you will get rejected.

Na I think its Internationals then Gap year students then A level/IB students in February.
Reply 1976
How long should we spend discussing the article? ive prepared 3 points for and 3 pointa against but I end up talking for like 10mins im worried they're gna get bored

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by games211

Original post by raveen789
Na I think its Internationals then Gap year students then A level/IB students in February.

The internationals with interviews in early January reside in Asia so they had theirs in Malaysia. I secretly hope your theory isn't correct because I'm international and I'm still waiting to hear back! :P

P.S Good luck to all those with interviews this week!! Rock them. :smile:
Reply 1978
Original post by nana96
How long should we spend discussing the article? ive prepared 3 points for and 3 pointa against but I end up talking for like 10mins im worried they're gna get bored

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol thats a gd thing no?
Original post by nana96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Im worried about this because I have a lot to say D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending