London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracelich
Fcuking ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is. -.-
I got my 5 weeks email on 18th October. Then I got an email before Christmas that I should add 2 weeks more to the time they asked me to wait. Well, seems like they are playing some sort of a game I'm not enjoying. :tongue:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by purplemind
It is. -.-
I got my 5 weeks email on 18th October. Then I got an email before Christmas that I should add 2 weeks more to the time they asked me to wait. Well, seems like they are playing some sort of a game I'm not enjoying. :tongue:

Your timescales are similar to mine. Should have heard back last week. Not going to bother checking emails on Thursdays/Fridays for a few weeks, it really is pointless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
Your timescales are similar to mine. Should have heard back last week. Not going to bother checking emails on Thursdays/Fridays for a few weeks, it really is pointless

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why they could send 4 week or whatever email to some applicants and to others not, really annoying they say something and don't keep to it later.
I'm at the point where I'm not going to care too much anymore. I mean, LSE is great and I would like to put it as my insurance if I got an offer or choose something else if I got a rejection and stop thinking about university for some time. But no reply...
I don't understand why they could send 4 week or whatever email to some applicants and to others not, really annoying they say something and don't keep to it later.
I'm at the point where I'm not going to care too much anymore. I mean, LSE is great and I would like to put it as my insurance if I got an offer or choose something else if I got a rejection and stop thinking about university for some time. But no reply...

My feelings exactly.
I have an offer from Oxford so it's not the end of the world if I don't get in, but it's very annoying for them to have specified a time frame and not stuck to it. It's making me very disillusioned with the institution altogether more than anything, especially as people who applied after me have received decisions before me.
Original post by thisisjokes
My feelings exactly.
I have an offer from Oxford so it's not the end of the world if I don't get in, but it's very annoying for them to have specified a time frame and not stuck to it. It's making me very disillusioned with the institution altogether more than anything, especially as people who applied after me have received decisions before me.

I have an offer from Cambridge for Econ but that's A*A*A in Maths, FM and Econ in any order (don't know how to feel about it now) so I would like a good insurance uni. :smile:
Yh, I know, like people who applied early in October and got their offers. I'm wondering how admissions office works in LSE.
Reply 4445
My feelings exactly.

Id really appreciate it if you could withdraw your application. There are ,on average, 14 applicants per place. If you are not going to LSE you could really give your place to someone else who really needs it.
I have an offer from Cambridge for Econ but that's A*A*A in Maths, FM and Econ in any order (don't know how to feel about it now) so I would like a good insurance uni. :smile:
Yh, I know, like people who applied early in October and got their offers. I'm wondering how admissions office works in LSE.

Congratulations, but that is an insane offer! Which college was that from? I have an offer from Oxford for PPE which is AAA, and if I get an LSE offer it will be AAA too. A very small part of me considered even taking LSE over Oxford, but all of this has made it absolutely clear that I won't be doing that now :P
Original post by arminb
Id really appreciate it if you could withdraw your application. There are ,on average, 14 applicants per place. If you are not going to LSE you could really give your place to someone else who really needs it.

I'm fairly certain they give out quite a few more offers than they have places for precisely this reason. They said this at the open day, and emphasised that everybody who was good enough for an offer would get one.
Congratulations, but that is an insane offer! Which college was that from? I have an offer from Oxford for PPE which is AAA, and if I get an LSE offer it will be AAA too. A very small part of me considered even taking LSE over Oxford, but all of this has made it absolutely clear that I won't be doing that now :P

Thanks. I know, I'd call it quite harsh but they probably just want me to work hard. From Sidney Sussex (I applied to King's...). Wow, a Head Girl from my school applied for PPE and got rejected. My best friend on a gap year reapplied and got a rejection too. I thought they were both really good. I was thinking about LSE too (less essays, haha) but I've never lived in such a big city, I come from a little town (8500 people) and now I live in a boarding school in the village so I think that would be a very big change for me.
This is just getting pathetic now.. starting to lose hope in their admissions system
Original post by PrincessBlessing
Where's my offer? :angry:

That confident are we?
Reply 4451
I'm fairly certain they give out quite a few more offers than they have places for precisely this reason. They said this at the open day, and emphasised that everybody who was good enough for an offer would get one.

Bro , you dont need it. Im sure it'll help .
Original post by Blackfyre
Sure, I've also read all Dunk and Egg stories which happened 100 years earlier before the main events. Have you checked that?

Nah I havent got the time to read those but I probably will read them in the summer once my exams finish. I have heard about them though and my friend told me its pretty good.
Reply 4453
I bet £50 that some will get offers/rejections in 45 minutes.
Original post by Blackfyre
This will be forever remembered in the history of LSE as the Naked Friday.

This made me laugh more than it should have.
Reply 4455
Today is the last day of my 4 weeks + 2 weeks Christmas period. Applied on 14th October.
Got an offer for BSc Economics. A*AAE (A* in Maths, E in Further Maths)
Email received at 16:29.
Rejected from Cambridge so will be firming LSE
(edited 10 years ago)
JUST GOT AN OFFER FOR GOVERNMENT AND HISTORY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4457
Just got offer for management!!!!!!!!!!
guys look on twitter "lse offer", there seems to be quite a few people that have just got offers
Reply 4459
How late in the day does LSE tend to give out offers till? (I applied on 14th October and am on the last day of the 4weeks + 2 now)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending