The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Haha. Srsly have you visited Greece lot of times?:eek: Nope island (Crete)
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 201
Nearly every year, oh really.. i have friends there. haha, this is crazy! we normally go to Skiathos, have been to kefalonia... haha. CRAZY!
got an acknowledgement email today i guess gotta wait for March, it seems like English universities are much faster at replying
Reply 203
Original post by scotland101
got an acknowledgement email today i guess gotta wait for March, it seems like English universities are much faster at replying

I've had nothing from stirling, heard back from Glas Cale and heriot watt, but not stirling.. i did only send it to ucas on friday though, but Hull gave me an offer yesterday..
Reply 204
Stirling are always really late with offers, calm down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 205
Ive just received a confirmation email so at least I know they have it:
)
Original post by Plurkie
Ah too bad, where are the flats located anyways? Bridge of Allan? Thanks!

Um hang on guys, Geddes Court, the cheapest of the cheap on-campus, has two fridge-freezers in every kitchen

I'm pretty sure all the other on-campus halls (and flats) have fridge-freezers

And for gods sake, make sure your dishes are done regularly. It's not so much the cleaners that complain but the smell generated after each night of partying is heart-wretching
Original post by TheRedGoldfish
Um hang on guys, Geddes Court, the cheapest of the cheap on-campus, has two fridge-freezers in every kitchen

I'm pretty sure all the other on-campus halls (and flats) have fridge-freezers

And for gods sake, make sure your dishes are done regularly. It's not so much the cleaners that complain but the smell generated after each night of partying is heart-wretching

Geddes has freezers?! I thought the halls only had fridges!
All the flats on campus have at least one fridge and one freezer, sometimes two fridges when it's 6-7 students.
Original post by BooksOfWonder
Geddes has freezers?! I thought the halls only had fridges!
All the flats on campus have at least one fridge and one freezer, sometimes two fridges when it's 6-7 students.

I share a tiny (and i mean tiny) kitchen with ~15 other people and so we have two fridge-freezers

I'm saving up for a mini-fridge for my room because it's just impossible to use the kitchen - it is always busy! Dishes never get done, table is littered with pizza boxes and beer bottles, oh GOD there's so many bottles, the floor is sticky to the extent the smell is just unbearable!
I share a tiny (and i mean tiny) kitchen with ~15 other people and so we have two fridge-freezers

I'm saving up for a mini-fridge for my room because it's just impossible to use the kitchen - it is always busy! Dishes never get done, table is littered with pizza boxes and beer bottles, oh GOD there's so many bottles, the floor is sticky to the extent the smell is just unbearable!

Are you staying in Geddes on campus (Stirling one) right now?
Because I know a few people in there and they don't have freezers...
Original post by BooksOfWonder
Are you staying in Geddes on campus (Stirling one) right now?
Because I know a few people in there and they don't have freezers...

Yup, 5th West baby!
Yup, 5th West baby!

Well enjoy your freezer! You must be one of the only kitchen in Geddes to have one!
Reply 212
why are stirling entry requirements so low? I got an offer for BCC (a levels)
Hi, for the first semester for one of the modules it says I got x. Does it mean I failed? I don't know how though because I've done all the coursework and haven't failed any of it. Could it mean the grade isn't there yet?
Reply 214
Original post by LegWeak
why are stirling entry requirements so low? I got an offer for BCC (a levels)

I got BCC too! From BBC though.
Original post by gopolyvore
Hi, for the first semester for one of the modules it says I got x. Does it mean I failed? I don't know how though because I've done all the coursework and haven't failed any of it. Could it mean the grade isn't there yet?

x means "no grade" , maybe you should email your tutor?
If the grades aren't here it is blank.
Good luck!
Reply 216
Hey guys,

how do the sport clubs work? So for example Football or Basketball?

Are there a few dates around the week and u can go whenever you want and the people who attend the session play against each other? Or is it more serious with trainings on regularly dates and real matches?

And what about Boxing, how does that work?

It would be awesome, if someone could just shortly explain this!
Original post by goguitar
Hey guys,

Are there a few dates around the week and u can go whenever you want and the people who attend the session play against each other? Or is it more serious with trainings on regularly dates and real matches?

Different clubs work differently, some (football for example) are very serious, while some are more social/fun oriented. Most clubs play in University/national leagues, but not everyone has to compete at that level, clubs should welcome members of all abilities.

You may also be interested in Intra-Mural sports, details can be found here: http://www.stir.ac.uk/sports-centre/student-sport/intramural/

The sports union page has a list of all the current clubs, as well as contact details for each club, if you want more specific information:
http://www.stirlingstudentsunion.com/content/861873/sports_union

Hope this helps.
Original post by goguitar
Hey guys,

At the beginning of each semester you have a Sport Bazaar (this semester it is Wednesday 12th) where you can see all the Sports the Uni has and then talk with students that are in it and then Give It A Go week where you can try without paying the membership for a week or two, depending on the Sports.

Football and Basketball are more of a serious thing, where you have trainings on regular dates and real matches between Universities!
But as said before not all clubs are as serious! The Kayak club is really fun :wink:
Hi just wondering what my chances were of getting a conditional/unconditional In the sports science course?

Last year I got BBCD in highers and I am predicted an AAB in highers this year.

the entry requirements for the course is ABBB

Quick Reply

Latest