Does anybody on TSR have 8 pack abs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILovePancakes
What, him getting fat? :confused:

It's no laughing matter :frown:

Sports and aesthetics keep me highly motivated though :smile:
Original post by BCcfc92
Sports and aesthetics keep me highly motivated though :smile:

I have no motivation to do sport, I just thank my mother for my high metabolism! But I think aesthetics motivates everyone, well at least most people - we want to look the best we can.
Original post by BCcfc92
Agreed. He's lean. 8-10% probably and that is definitely a six pack in my book! Lean enough to make it difficult to maintain year-round and I'm sure the picture is probably enhanced in many ways. I don't think you'll find a non-pro bodybuilder at 6% body fat though. That's freakish and unhealthy to maintain. Lots of discipline, mind.

Anybody that makes money off their body is on steroids or diuretics or both. Many, many amateurs 6% but obviously they don't maintain it. True pros stay around 10-12%, with visible abs, all year round. In this case there's too much photoshop to judge but he's defiantly on diuretics.
I have no motivation to do sport, I just thank my mother for my high metabolism! But I think aesthetics motivates everyone, well at least most people - we want to look the best we can.

I think sport is something you are brought up with and can become extremely passionate about. It drives you more than anything to get better, unlike many ordinary jobs. Thus you can see why some people are so dedicated to training when they have sport as motivation. I suppose that should make it easier for me to get back into shape now than purely trying to look good :smile:. There's also the fact that you feel better too in so many ways as a third incentive.
Original post by BCcfc92
I think sport is something you are brought up with and can become extremely passionate about. It drives you more than anything to get better, unlike many ordinary jobs. Thus you can see why some people are so dedicated to training when they have sport as motivation. I suppose that should make it easier for me to get back into shape now than purely trying to look good :smile:. There's also the fact that you feel better too in so many ways as a third incentive.

I agree with you. My family has never been sporty and so I've never had the inclination to do sport myself. I think it also has a lot to do with how good you are at it. If you're at the gym and lifting like 50kg (I don't know if that's a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it's how much I weigh so I'm assuming that'd be hard?) you'd feel better about yourself and so would want to do it more. Whereas people like me who have difficulty lifting 3kg weights are probably going to give up before they've begun.
I agree with you. My family has never been sporty and so I've never had the inclination to do sport myself. I think it also has a lot to do with how good you are at it. If you're at the gym and lifting like 50kg (I don't know if that's a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it's how much I weigh so I'm assuming that'd be hard?) you'd feel better about yourself and so would want to do it more. Whereas people like me who have difficulty lifting 3kg weights are probably going to give up before they've begun.

Depends what exercise really. 50kg is fairly light, how old/tall are you? And you like pancakes so you must have a fast metabolism!

You gain knowledge of how to train and that as a method of self-improvement and a hobby, taking performance and how you look out of the equation, becomes enjoyable in itself, just like some people like to run or are into powerlifting/olympic lifting/bodybuilding, I like to train and get stronger/faster/fitter/more mobile, especially in a team training environment where you get tested as well. You want to be better than the rest because generally all sportsmen have a healthy ego and you want to impress your coaches with your work ethic.
Original post by BCcfc92
Depends what exercise really. 50kg is fairly light, how old/tall are you? And you like pancakes so you must have a fast metabolism!

You gain knowledge of how to train and that as a method of self-improvement and a hobby, taking performance and how you look out of the equation, becomes enjoyable in itself, just like some people like to run or are into powerlifting/olympic lifting/bodybuilding, I like to train and get stronger/faster/fitter/more mobile, especially in a team training environment where you get tested as well. You want to be better than the rest because generally all sportsmen have a healthy ego and you want to impress your coaches with your work ethic.

Oh Lord, see.. I'm clueless! I'm 17 and 5'3" and yup, if my friends order a large Dominos I'll probably have 7/8 slices.. We went to the Harvester once and I ate over 3,000 calories in one meal :colondollar: .

What sports do you do?
Oh Lord, see.. I'm clueless! I'm 17 and 5'3" and yup, if my friends order a large Dominos I'll probably have 7/8 slices.. We went to the Harvester once and I ate over 3,000 calories in one meal :colondollar: .

What sports do you do?

Haha I've got a huge appetite so good job I do a lot and hence why I've put a bit on over the last 6 months. I played cricket at close to pro level pre-injury so hopefully I can go back to give going pro a shot, and played rugby at school too but had to stop to prioritise one.

Dominos is so tempting now a day before I start the log!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BCcfc92
Dominos is so tempting now a day before I start the log!!!

Go for it, Texas BBQ is THE BEST. I have my local Domino's saved as a contact on my phone :colondollar: Committed or what?
Reply 49
I have 8 packs(genetic)
Reply 50
Original post by BCcfc92
. Skinny abs if you are 65-70 kg, like big boobs on a fat girl, don't count.

That's the biggest bull**** statement you made lmao. I have a friend who weighs 70kg, middleweight boxer, 9% body fat and he has definitely not got what you call 'skinny abs'. He trains hard and out lifts people weighing 85kg.

Also metabolism has a massive effect, some people don't necessarily need to be starving themselves to achieve a body fat % of 8%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bad8oy
That's the biggest bull**** statement you made lmao. I have a friend who weighs 70kg, middleweight boxer, 9% body fat and he has definitely not got what you call 'skinny abs'. He trains hard and out lifts people weighing 85kg.

Also metabolism has a massive effect, some people don't necessarily need to be starving themselves to achieve a body fat % of 8%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was tongue in cheek you clown!

Anyone 70kg and male should have visible abs. Boxers don't train for abs and bulk, they're beasts in their own right but their training goals have to be strictly performance-orientated, along with their diet in order to keep weight down. He obviously does not have much muscle but can still have high relative strength. Most boxers don't have massively aesthetic abs in a strength training sense, some do.

Metabolism plays a role, but lots of people mistake a high metabolism for never eating more than 2500 calories a day in their life and playing 2 hours of football 5 days a week.
Go for it, Texas BBQ is THE BEST. I have my local Domino's saved as a contact on my phone :colondollar: Committed or what?

Dilemma... But I thought you wanted the eight pack abs?!?!
I do, but they're cleverly disguised you see. Under a layer of alcoholism and poor choices, some nay-sayers would call "fat". The're hibernating, they're a sleeping giant at the minute.
Reply 54
Original post by BCcfc92
It was tongue in cheek you clown!

Anyone 70kg and male should have visible abs. Boxers don't train for abs and bulk, they're beasts in their own right but their training goals have to be strictly performance-orientated, along with their diet in order to keep weight down. He obviously does not have much muscle but can still have high relative strength. Most boxers don't have massively aesthetic abs in a strength training sense, some do.

Metabolism plays a role, but lots of people mistake a high metabolism for never eating more than 2500 calories a day in their life and playing 2 hours of football 5 days a week.

lol of course boxers and body builders have different training routines, done both and they have completely different impacts on your body. The former is much more intense and painful.

Don't know anyone who plays football 2 hours 5 days a week, but my little brother eats in excess of 2500calories a day and his body fat % is below 10% lol.
But to be fair he's very young and only weighs 60kg and is 6ft1.

Any one male weighing 70kg doesn't necessarily have to 'have visible abs' depends on height and many other factors. Most people don't lift weights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by Blind Ferret
I do, but they're cleverly disguised you see. Under a layer of alcoholism and poor choices, some nay-sayers would call "fat". The're hibernating, they're a sleeping giant at the minute.

They call it "fat", you call it "memories" :cool:
Original post by MJ1012
They call it "fat", you call it "memories" :cool:

You absolute shortbread biscuit! Don't remind me of the times I had to do nothing and have a nice shape!

I'll get in shape again, and I'll look at your name as inspiration, it will become my "Adrian"!!!
Reply 57
Original post by Blind Ferret
You absolute shortbread biscuit! Don't remind me of the times I had to do nothing and have a nice shape!

I'll get in shape again, and I'll look at your name as inspiration, it will become my "Adrian"!!!

I didn't understand any of that. :colondollar:
Original post by bad8oy
lol of course boxers and body builders have different training routines, done both and they have completely different impacts on your body. The former is much more intense and painful.

Don't know anyone who plays football 2 hours 5 days a week, but my little brother eats in excess of 2500calories a day and his body fat % is below 10% lol.
But to be fair he's very young and only weighs 60kg and is 6ft1.

Any one male weighing 70kg doesn't necessarily have to 'have visible abs' depends on height and many other factors. Most people don't lift weights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree on the whole.

2 hours 5 days a week of footie was a deliberate exaggeration and of course many people don't lift but given the nature of this thread, we are assuming that people that are 70kg who do train a bit should easily have some abdominal definition given their low bodyweight, as if you are that light and don't have abs, you can't have much muscle mass on the whole and probably can't do anything remotely active resembling athleticism or strength ie they train but don't look like they do due to poor training and no results. Some people are unlucky in that they struggle to have abs even if they do train 'right' but many blame genetics when they are doing it wrong. For example, many asians don't have abs and they blame genetics, but it's probably to do with the notion that asians aren't always that athletic and don't bother looking after themselves and going to the gym. Many are skinny, don't train well and that's why they don't have abs, not always because of genetics. You don't find many guys who are strong and can lift lots of weight, or high level athletes, who when they are lean, do not have any abs to show for it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MJ1012
I didn't understand any of that. :colondollar:

... I'll have. Can't beat em, confuse em.

Quick Reply

Latest