The Student Room Group

I've identified myself as greysexual, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

I expected you to be only into old people or something :laugh:
BREAKING NEWS

Today I woke up early in the morning for no reason, I had a strange feeling I WANTED to masturbate, I don't know why however, did I do it? No of course not. I didn't like the feeling of course. So I did what I think any other person would do, ignore it. It disappeared about 5 minutes later.

I'm know 100% sure I don't want to see females in their underwear now, I saw a female in a bikini today on a newspaper and I didn't like it, I was like "Ew..."
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yo radical one
I expected you to be only into old people or something :laugh:

There's a philla for that.
Original post by Odd socks
Doesn't really deserve you swearing at them though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Frankly anyone who makes a thread 'ask me anything' does.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MylittlePlusle
BREAKING NEWS

Today I woke up early in the morning for no reason, I had a strange feeling I WANTED to masturbate, I don't know why however, did I do it? No of course not. I didn't like the feeling of course. So I did what I think any other person would do, ignore it. It disappeared about 5 minutes later.

I'm know 100% sure I don't want to see females in their underwear now, I saw a female in a bikini today on a newspaper and I didn't like it, I was like "Ew..."

Original post by So Instinct
Frankly anyone who makes a thread 'ask me anything' does.

:lol: fair point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226

What's a greysexual?

It's a term given to someone who is in the middle of asexuality and consexuality, they sometimes might want sex or feel sexual attraction but only in certain situations like love.

What's consexuality?
Original post by Psyk
What's consexuality?

I heard from someon on here, it's the name given to someone who is hetero/homo/bisexual/pansexual.
I heard from someon on here, it's the name given to someone who is hetero/homo/bisexual/pansexual.

I thought that was allosexual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Identity politics eh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know what that is, what is it?
I don't know what that is, what is it?

What you described, someone who isn't asexual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 232

Hmm I think anthrosexual would be a better term, as that means sexual attraction to humans. Although it could be interpreted to mean the same as pansexual.
Original post by Psyk
What's consexuality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Psyk
Hmm I think anthrosexual would be a better term, as that means sexual attraction to humans. Although it could be interpreted to mean the same as pansexual.

I've heard both consexual and allosexual used to mean not-asexual. Allosexual comes from the greek prefix all- meaning 'others' (as in, attracted to others, rather than a- being attracted to no-one). And I believe consexual is meant to link to the word 'consent'. Personally I think I've seen allosexual become the more widely-used term.

Original post by felamaslen
Identity politics eh.

What does that mean?
Reply 234
are demisexuals just extra picky or just possess high standards/morals?
Reply 235
Original post by Watch Key Phone
And I believe consexual is meant to link to the word 'consent'.

That's what came up when I googled it.

There's so many terms you can use. I could describe myself as a gynophile. Which sounds really horrible but it actually isn't.
Original post by Orianne
are demisexuals just extra picky or just possess high standards/morals?

No and no. It's not about whether they choose to have sex, or when, or who with. It's about the circumstances under which they can and cannot experience sexual attraction. They never experience immediate attraction to someone they don't know based on first impressions - they can only ever develop sexual attraction to someone they already have an emotional connection to.
Original post by Psyk
That's what came up when I googled it.

There's so many terms you can use. I could describe myself as a gynophile. Which sounds really horrible but it actually isn't.

Indeed. Or gynosexual. Actually, gynosexual and androsexual (attraction to femininity and masculinity, respectively) are quite useful words for people of non-binary gender - where hetero- and homo- don't really mean anything.
Original post by Watch Key Phone
What does that mean?

It's a desire to see people as part of a wider group (heterosexual, homosexual, transsexual, asexual, greysexual, or god knows what else), rather than as an individual with their own unique personality - which is, after all, what makes people valuable to begin with.
Original post by felamaslen
It's a desire to see people as part of a wider group (heterosexual, homosexual, transsexual, asexual, greysexual, or god knows what else), rather than as an individual with their own unique personality - which is, after all, what makes people valuable to begin with.

I'm going to copy-paste part of a previous post of mine, here:

You're right. Labels are completely unnecessary. After all, you don't have a name to identify yourself to others. You don't put yourself in a category by age so you can be taught at an appropriate level. You don't use words to describe your gender so that people refer to you correctly. You don't ask a doctor to name your illness so you can find others in the same situation.

/sarcasm

Labels are useful. If you don't see why, you are being incredibly short-sighted.

(the snarkiness was directed at the person I was replying to, not to you)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending