The Student Room Group

How long do you revise each day on average?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Username1818
haha for me it's easier than for example English or Chemistry :biggrin: It just depends on your skill set :P

I guess...

Chemistry is something else I tell you that.... :angry:
Original post by Arturo09
I guess...

Chemistry is something else I tell you that.... :angry:

So what do you study ? :biggrin:
Reply 42
So what do you study ? :biggrin:

Biology, chemistry and Spanish...

Chemistry is not my forte at all though :eek:
Biology, chemistry and Spanish...

Chemistry is not my forte at all though :eek:

so do you want to be a Doctor in Spain or something like that ? :biggrin: :hubba:

On a serious note... what are you planning to study ? ^.^
Reply 44
so do you want to be a Doctor in Spain or something like that ? :biggrin: :hubba:

On a serious note... what are you planning to study ? ^.^

Oh god, I didn't get anywhere near the GCSE's that I should have been aiming for so sadly nope, Medicine and dentistry are out of the question, besides, I was never interested in those areas :tongue:
No way! The economic crisis in Spain is worse than here in the UK! wouldn't think about working there in the future for a while :eek:

Maybe biological sciences, with an intention in specializing in cell biology or molecular biology or even Immunology in the future. I'm sorry, but I think the way diseases form and enter our body and why become ill is actually quite fascinating :colone:

After that, I'll see how it goes but i'd actually quite like to be a biology teacher.... I feel I owe my teachers a lot, and they have been good to me so far, so I think it will be time that I do them justice and return the favor :biggrin:

What about you?
What are you doing and what do you want to do at uni? :biggrin:
Oh god, I didn't get anywhere near the GCSE's that I should have been aiming for so sadly nope, Medicine and dentistry are out of the question, besides, I was never interested in those areas :tongue:
No way! The economic crisis in Spain is worse than here in the UK! wouldn't think about working there in the future for a while :eek:

Maybe biological sciences, with an intention in specializing in cell biology or molecular biology or even Immunology in the future. I'm sorry, but I think the way diseases form and enter our body and why become ill is actually quite fascinating :colone:

After that, I'll see how it goes but i'd actually quite like to be a biology teacher.... I feel I owe my teachers a lot, and they have been good to me so far, so I think it will be time that I do them justice and return the favor :biggrin:

What about you?
What are you doing and what do you want to do at uni? :biggrin:

So... you'll be one of the people looking for a cure when the zombie apocalypse strikes :biggrin:
I'm studying Maths, Further Maths and Economics atm with an intention of doing Computer Science with Mathematics next year at Uni :P
Reply 46
So... you'll be one of the people looking for a cure when the zombie apocalypse strikes :biggrin:
I'm studying Maths, Further Maths and Economics atm with an intention of doing Computer Science with Mathematics next year at Uni :P

Oh most likely yes, but then again, doesn't it tend to be the doctors/researchers who die first? :biggrin:

Wow, nice, I guess all your subjects fit nicely together as well, do you know what uni's you want to apply for?
Reply 47
An hour a day of revision (as in re-learning what I have previously studied, not including homework), usually just focusing on one subject a day. I hope to do more than just an hour a day but my attention disappears after the first hour. :frown:

Also, cramming isn't a good method for me, as my brain tends to give up easily under stress.
Oh most likely yes, but then again, doesn't it tend to be the doctors/researchers who die first? :biggrin:

Wow, nice, I guess all your subjects fit nicely together as well, do you know what uni's you want to apply for?

I've applied to...
UCL
Royal Holloway
Queen Mary
Brunel
University of Westminster
Original post by BWV1007
An hour a day of revision (as in re-learning what I have previously studied, not including homework), usually just focusing on one subject a day. I hope to do more than just an hour a day but my attention disappears after the first hour. :frown:

Also, cramming isn't a good method for me, as my brain tends to give up easily under stress.

What about having a break and then continuing ? Or using different ways to study ? :wink: Like instead of just reading and making revision notes you can always try making mind maps or recording yourself ?
I revise targets not hours :P

/thread

</br>
Original post by blairxoxo
I revise targets not hours :P

/thread

</br>

Agreed... but you also need to put time into it :smile:

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." - Albert Einstein
Reply 52
I've applied to...
UCL
Royal Holloway
Queen Mary
Brunel
University of Westminster

Great, received any offers yet? :smile:
Agreed... but you also need to put time into it :smile:

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." - Albert Einstein

Nicely done x)
Original post by blairxoxo
Nicely done x)

^.^ thank you x

Great, received any offers yet? :smile:

Yep :biggrin: Queen Mary, Brunel, University of Westminster :P Still waiting for a reply from UCL and Royal Holloway
Reply 55
Why does everyone feel the need to put a number on it? Just study till you know your stuff inside out and you feel confident to pass the exam!!!

Some take longer than others..
Reply 56
^.^ thank you x

Yep :biggrin: Queen Mary, Brunel, University of Westminster :P Still waiting for a reply from UCL and Royal Holloway

So no rejections yet, good :biggrin:
Which was your first choice? :smile:
So no rejections yet, good :biggrin:
Which was your first choice? :smile:

I'm not sure, I like all the Universities I've applied to :smile:
I think at the moment I'm leaning towards Royal Holloway, I really like the course specification and the campus is really amazing, as well as lots of sports which is a big plus.
Reply 58
I'm not sure, I like all the Universities I've applied to :smile:
I think at the moment I'm leaning towards Royal Holloway, I really like the course specification and the campus is really amazing, as well as lots of sports which is a big plus.

Thats fair enough, been to any open days then?
And i'm guessing your looking to stay/move towards London then :frown:
GTA is my revision ...

Quick Reply

Latest