The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callummj6747
I'm a bit worried but that's the only thing that's pushing it down, you've got to remember that feedback is easily corrected and if kings shoots up next year and you rejected it because of that you'd feel really stupid! I'm a big believer in forget the league tables!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe that too! Hope the feedback/help issue gets sorted out ASAP. Kings has all the resources, fantastic campus, great location, hospitals etc etc but just some reviews I've heard from students I know saying they get little help.

Hope this improves next year for us (if we get in) :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3081
Original post by franngu
Congrats on the interview! I'm an international and I'm still waiting :frown: do you mind me asking what your ukcat is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

787.5 band 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone ever received any sort of decision/message from King's at the weekend?
Literally can't stop myself from checking the portal constantly, even though I'm sure they probably don't work weekends :tongue:
Reply 3083
Hi, I'm in year 12 now and I was wondering if I would have a chance for King's with this:
GCSEs: 4A*s, 8As, 1B (short course), C in add maths FCMQ
AS level predictions: AAAA
Work experience/voluntary work: volunteer at a school for disabled children, work experience at a hospital church service work part-time at a children's learning centre. I have also previously worked for a summer autism play scheme, at a charity shop and done 1 week wrk experience at a hospital.
Extra curricular: Grade 8 violin, grade 7 piano, member of Kirklees Youth Symphony Orchestra, doing Gold Duke of Edinburgh
Original post by G Menon
Hi, I'm in year 12 now and I was wondering if I would have a chance for King's with this:
Work experience/voluntary work: volunteer at a school for disabled children, work experience at a hospital church service work part-time at a children's learning centre. I have also previously worked for a summer autism play scheme, at a charity shop and done 1 week wrk experience at a hospital.
Extra curricular: Grade 8 violin, grade 7 piano, member of Kirklees Youth Symphony Orchestra, doing Gold Duke of Edinburgh

Kings are extremely A* GCSE heavy, it may not be the wisest choice, if you want London Bart's or UCL may be a better option due to the A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G Menon

Just smash the UKCAT and you will get an interview. I recommend taking it in the summer between Year 12 and Year 13.
Original post by lovelycup7
Has anyone ever received any sort of decision/message from King's at the weekend?
Literally can't stop myself from checking the portal constantly, even though I'm sure they probably don't work weekends :tongue:

I'm exactly the same.. hoping beyond hope aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3087
Kings are extremely A* GCSE heavy, it may not be the wisest choice, if you want London Bart's or UCL may be a better option due to the A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh ok thank you
Reply 3088
Original post by G Menon

Hi

I got exactly those GCSEs apart from the FSMQ where I got a B. I am also applying for medicine and recently had a interview with kings college. I don't think those grades will let you down too much if you can ace your UKCAT and write a great personal statement. Just work hard to get the As you're predicted for AS as well and you will do great.
Reply 3089
Original post by MS Miz
Hi

I got exactly those GCSEs apart from the FSMQ where I got a B. I am also applying for medicine and recently had a interview with kings college. I don't think those grades will let you down too much if you can ace your UKCAT and write a great personal statement. Just work hard to get the As you're predicted for AS as well and you will do great.

Oh ok great :smile: what did you get for your UKCAT and what were your AS grades?
Reply 3090
Original post by G Menon
Oh ok great :smile: what did you get for your UKCAT and what were your AS grades?

UKCAT was 737.5 and AS were

Chemistry : A
Maths : A
Physics : A
Biology : B
Reply 3091
Original post by MS Miz
UKCAT was 737.5 and AS were

Chemistry : A
Maths : A
Physics : A
Biology : B

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 3092
Original post by G Menon
Thank you so much :smile:

No prob. Any other questions, just ask.
I'm a bit worried but that's the only thing that's pushing it down, you've got to remember that feedback is easily corrected and if kings shoots up next year and you rejected it because of that you'd feel really stupid! I'm a big believer in forget the league tables!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The feedback thing is bound to happen because it is such a big medical school ... If you want feedback ... U can always go up to the lecturers who will always make time for u ...... It is an issue with BScs but all lecturers always will find the time for u if ur not happy or need clarification .... It's just u might have to ask .... You can always email ur query as well ... So don't be put offf too much by low feedback... It Is a massive school as they are also dealing with MSCs ; BScs ; nursing;midwifery etc... All together as many lectures overlap ... The great thing especially for a100 is there are 400 of u ... So ur bound to find atleast another person who can always help ( like u never feel ur doing something on ur own kind of a thing.... It's all a matter of being open ) .... For a101 I think everyone ( all 28 of u r tied together lol lol ... But ICSURFER CAN CLEAR UP ANY ISSUES U HAVE )
League tables will become important as and when the funding issue is sorted out ..... KINGS IS ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE so I am not surprised there are a few small issues ( strong word ) lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G Menon

Hey! Just to let you know, I got 4A* 5A and 1B at GCSE and a UKCAT of 757.5 and I've had my interview so it is possible :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3095
I'm confused. Everyone is saying that they got asked to upload their passport and certificates to the portal before their offer.

But I gave these photocopies in at interview. Do you think they'll ask me again for photocopies over the portal? Because my interview was Dec 5 and idk what's taking them so long :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lixto
I'm confused. Everyone is saying that they got asked to upload their passport and certificates to the portal before their offer.

But I gave these photocopies in at interview. Do you think they'll ask me again for photocopies over the portal? Because my interview was Dec 5 and idk what's taking them so long :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't asked to upload anything after interview, and got the offer after 3 days. So don't think they ask everyone to re-upload.
Have they read your personal statement? and do they quiz you on that?
Original post by lixto

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't explicitly send a message through the portal but it was mentioned in the PDF interview letter (about sending photo id and educational certificates) that we were supposed to print and bring for interview.
Original post by hello101
The feedback thing is bound to happen because it is such a big medical school ... If you want feedback ... U can always go up to the lecturers who will always make time for u ...... It is an issue with BScs but all lecturers always will find the time for u if ur not happy or need clarification .... It's just u might have to ask .... You can always email ur query as well ... So don't be put offf too much by low feedback... It Is a massive school as they are also dealing with MSCs ; BScs ; nursing;midwifery etc... All together as many lectures overlap ... The great thing especially for a100 is there are 400 of u ... So ur bound to find atleast another person who can always help ( like u never feel ur doing something on ur own kind of a thing.... It's all a matter of being open ) .... For a101 I think everyone ( all 28 of u r tied together lol lol ... But ICSURFER CAN CLEAR UP ANY ISSUES U HAVE )
League tables will become important as and when the funding issue is sorted out ..... KINGS IS ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE so I am not surprised there are a few small issues ( strong word ) lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

...I agree with everything u've said...you've quoted the wrong person!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest