The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Are all interviews given out?

Such a disappointment, Rejected by three, i dont think leciester is gonna give me an interview with 17/25!!!
So Leicester is my last hope of receiving an interview invite :frown:
Original post by Adam657
My interview is on the 28th and I'm terrified. The reason being I am missing one of my A level certified statements. I have my degree certificate (it's A101 entry) and the other 2. I sent off for them all in good time, but AQA 'lost' my payment and took time to find it which delayed the process. I received an email yesterday saying it will be with me in 5-7 working days, which of course is not enough time.

I am really worried that I will look like a terrible disorganised person, and the email which says "failure to bring the correct documents may impact your interview score". I will show them all my comms with AQA and say I will post it to them ASAP when it arrives, but that's all I can do.

If anyone who has been to interviews or witnessed another candidate that it happened to could tell me what to expect, I'd be very grateful. I'm very worried right now!

Oh I wouldn't worry when I went to my interview you just had to staple the copies to your form or if you didn't have them or didn't bring certified copies then they said you need to post them ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1963
Original post by Philippamalko
Oh I wouldn't worry when I went to my interview you just had to staple the copies to your form or if you didn't have them or didn't bring certified copies then they said you need to post them ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you sooooo much! I guess they put that "may affect your interview score" bit just to minimise the number who do it. Again, THANK YOU!
If we've not completed our A levels, do we need to take in photocopies of our AS certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StudentAT
If we've not completed our A levels, do we need to take in photocopies of our AS certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No all you need to take is ID

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adam657
Thank you sooooo much! I guess they put that "may affect your interview score" bit just to minimise the number who do it. Again, THANK YOU!

I think taking ID is the most important part at that time cause obviously they need to check you're the right person so that's probably what they were referring to

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't get an early offer (I was in the first batch) does this basically mean I have to wait till March??
Original post by Rainman91
Interview on Monday morning. Feel so unprepared. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im gonna be there on Monday morning too, definitely feel unprepared….work doesn't allow me to spend a lot of time preparing haha. I'll be in a black dress and a purple and blue tartan scarf so I hope I do see you all there! Good luck!
Original post by petzneo
Im gonna be there on Monday morning too, definitely feel unprepared….work doesn't allow me to spend a lot of time preparing haha. I'll be in a black dress and a purple and blue tartan scarf so I hope I do see you all there! Good luck!

See you there, fingers crossed for us all

And you're not the only one who doesn't feel prepared :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
do any undergrads have interviews next week? :smile:
Reply 1971
Original post by Kirimin
I don't think they do but a single is around £2.40 or its around a 10-15min walk max :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats the price of the double?
Reply 1972

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you staple the copies to the form, does that mean they don't look at the originals? is there any point still bringing them?
Original post by srahman
if you staple the copies to the form, does that mean they don't look at the originals? is there any point still bringing them?

no they never asked for the originals the email only asks you to bring certified copies
Reply 1974
no they never asked for the originals the email only asks you to bring certified copies

oh sorry my mistake. thanks for clarifying that!
Original post by purple and gold
do any undergrads have interviews next week? :smile:

Yes 29th. 1.00pm reporting time.
cheers!
Can't believe how quick tomorrow has come round! I'll be wearing a black dress and jacket so if your also there tomorrow come and say hi :smile: nervous and feeling unprepared :frown:
Original post by Amy_Kitch
Can't believe how quick tomorrow has come round! I'll be wearing a black dress and jacket so if your also there tomorrow come and say hi :smile: nervous and feeling unprepared :frown:

See you there! I think we are all feeling the same way, I suppose with mmi you can't really prepare that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1978
Good luck for those with interviews! :smile: Anyone who had an interview on 17th dec, have you heard back yet?
Original post by Sanika21
Good luck for those with interviews! :smile: Anyone who had an interview on 17th dec, have you heard back yet?

I haven't heard back, and I don't think anyone else has. Hopefully next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending