The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Warwinka just needs to get his focus back and play a simple game. All he needs to do is force Nadal into a movement game. Move him around, make him go to the ball rather than hitting it into Nadal's zone.
How the hell has Rafa taken the third set? Just unbelievable. Tremendous fight from him (why I love Rafa!) but Stan should have finished this by now. At the very least a bit of pride intact when he eventually loses the match in 4.
Original post by Zerforax
Warwinka just needs to get his focus back and play a simple game. All he needs to do is force Nadal into a movement game. Move him around, make him go to the ball rather than hitting it into Nadal's zone.

Absolutely, the only reason Rafa took that set was because Stan was being an idiot and hitting the ball central and into Rafa's strike zone, which he start clobbering hard and flat.
A bit more pace on the serve for Rafa. Interesting.
Reply 204
Original post by Sirocco11
A bit more pace on the serve for Rafa. Interesting.

Not going to be enough theres still no decent movement. Nadal isn't winning this from here!:mad::frown:
Reply 205
I just woke up and saw the score! Wtf!! Can someone explain how this is possible!! :O
ROFL - Stan has 48 winners to 17 for Nadal and this match has gone to 4 sets.
Reply 207
Original post by lizzy95
I just woke up and saw the score! Wtf!! Can someone explain how this is possible!! :O

Nadal is playing injured and some how managed to claw a set back from being two sets down.
Reply 208
Original post by Pistol 33
Struggling against nadal when he's injured. Nadal>Everyone

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzy95

Stan started off absolutely dominating Nadal, broke him early on in the the second before Rafa started rolling his serve in. Apparently a back related injury and Rafa took an MTO. Struggled until the third set where he started to improve and won it by simply smashing balls that got into his hit zone.

Wawrinka should have this though, just has to hold serve really.

You've got nothing to contribute but hate on Nadal. Get out unless you have anything else to say.
Reply 211
Original post by IDukem
Nadal is playing injured and some how managed to claw a set back from being two sets down.

He seems to have the worst luck at the Aussie Open! I expected to wake up to see that Nadal has won in straights! Like I said sport is so unpredictable!
Reply 212
Original post by lizzy95
He seems to have the worst luck at the Aussie Open! I expected to wake up to see that Nadal has won in straights! Like I said sport is so unpredictable!

The crowd was booing him when it became known that he was injured and then suddenly when he was playing well in the 4th set, they loved him again.
Reply 213
Wow Nadal is just a fighter through and through! He won't go down easily
Original post by IDukem
The crowd was booing him when it became known that he was injured and then suddenly when he was playing well in the 4th set, they loved him again.

That's tennis crowds for you (apart from the French, who only bum Federer). Just hilariously short memories and relentlessly fickle.

The awards ceremony should be really funny.
Reply 215
Stan started off absolutely dominating Nadal, broke him early on in the the second before Rafa started rolling his serve in. Apparently a back related injury and Rafa took an MTO. Struggled until the third set where he started to improve and won it by simply smashing balls that got into his hit zone.

Wawrinka should have this though, just has to hold serve really.

ARGHHHH:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 216
What's wrong with Nadal injury wise?
Reply 217
You've got nothing to contribute but hate on Nadal. Get out unless you have anything else to say.

Lol Nadal is one of the best, if not best fighters in tennis ever. Period. Best clay court player. No doubt. I just personally think he's ok. I will not be leaving as I have ever right to be here thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Wawrinka serving for the title!!! That's a sentence I would've bet my life I wouldn't be writing!
Reply 219
He's won it!! Well played Wawrinka and he's deserved it!!

Fair play to Nadal too though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest