The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Congrats Stan Wawrinka! So disappointed for Rafa but he fully deserved his first Grand Slam.
Reply 221
Original post by IDukem
The crowd was booing him when it became known that he was injured and then suddenly when he was playing well in the 4th set, they loved him again.

You can never expect too much integrity from a tennis crowd
Federer must be furious that Nadal's back didn't give out a couple of days ago.

Nice to see another winner.

Nadal still stuck on 13 grand slams.
Reply 223
I love Stan's respectful celebration after he won, I love this guy! Finally a new GS champion now things can get really interesting!! Wow just saw Stan talking to Rafa :smile:
Reply 224
Original post by Sirocco11
That's tennis crowds for you (apart from the French, who only bum Federer). Just hilariously short memories and relentlessly fickle.

The awards ceremony should be really funny.

Original post by lizzy95
Wawrinka serving for the title!!! That's a sentence I would've bet my life I wouldn't be writing!

Yeah I know, I just find it funny of how fickle the crowds can be.
Reply 225
Original post by Zerforax
Federer must be furious that Nadal's back didn't give out a couple of days ago.

Nice to see another winner.

Nadal still stuck on 13 grand slams.

Do you see Federer beating Wawrinka?! I really don't in this form
Reply 226
Commentators bang on about professionalism of Wawrinka - not over celebrating which is nice to see. And credit to Nadal for being an excellent sportsman, great interchange at the end at the net. Great for the men's game. Would've been nice to see what happened if Nadal had been 100%
Original post by Hog Dog
Lol Nadal is one of the best, if not best fighters in tennis ever. Period. Best clay court player. No doubt. I just personally think he's ok. I will not be leaving as I have ever right to be here thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, apologies. We get a lot of people who just turn up to hate players round here.
Original post by lizzy95

Well it might have been a bit less one sided than against Nadal.

Anyway Warwrinka was obviously in amazing form, lets not forget he beat Djovokic on his way.
Original post by lizzy95
I love Stan's respectful celebration after he won, I love this guy! Finally a new GS champion now things can get really interesting!! Wow just saw Stan talking to Rafa :smile:

I know Stan was being respectful but that's hard to celebrate just like you've only won round one, dampens the emotion somewhat.
Reply 230
Original post by Hog Dog
Commentators bang on about professionalism of Wawrinka - not over celebrating which is nice to see. And credit to Nadal for being an excellent sportsman, great interchange at the end at the net. Great for the men's game. Would've been nice to see what happened if Nadal had been 100%

There are loads more tournaments and GSs to play this year, we may get to see Rafa at 100% playing Stan later this year! I'm so happy that someone is finally able to challenge the big 4 more consistently! Del Potro should take note
Reply 231
Wow! I never predicted that result.

Original post by lizzy95

Federer knows his game inside and out and appears to be in his mind in a similar way to Nadal, i'd be very suprised.
Original post by Rakas21

Federer knows his game inside and out and appears to be in his mind in a similar way to Nadal, i'd be very suprised.

Agree with this for sure - Stan still has a horrible match up and mental issues against Federer.
Reply 233
I just want to go to Australia and hug Nadal! I've never seen him wipe tears away from his eyes in this manner before! :frown:
Rod Laver taking pictures of Rafa on his iPhone, amazing!
Great congratulations from Rafa to Stan as well.:biggrin:
Reply 236
Original post by Rakas21

Wawrinka has just elevated himself since last year so he can beat anyone! To beat Djokovic, Berdych then Nadal that's fricking amazing! :O
Rafa thanking the crowd - they should feel so damn ashamed.
Reply 238
Rafa is such a genuinely decent guy :biggrin: He even thanked the disrespectful crowd.
Reply 239
Original post by Sirocco11
Fair enough, apologies. We get a lot of people who just turn up to hate players round here.

No worries. Bit of a shame in all seriousness because Stan was playing out of this world before Nadal went for MTO and if the match had continued it would've been so good to watch :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest