The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BFQtZqVCQAAZCFV.jpg No hate pls
Reply 7881
Original post by geoking
I'm confused.

You want to look fantastic say 1/6 of the year rather than 3/4 of the year? :s-smilie:
Night outs is more than just make-up. Hair and clothing play a big part.

Because I look pretty good without make up. Also there are articles that come out all the time claiming how make up ages your skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Profesh
If I had your coverage, I'd groom it properly:

26-01-2014.jpg

Yea, tbh I usually do trim it every week but I've just left it for the past 3 weeks or so, mainly due to laziness.
Original post by Sashari
Because I look pretty good without make up. Also there are articles that come out all the time claiming how make up ages your skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Super models wear make-up. I doubt you look as good as them. I really feel that not wearing make-up regularly is just lazy.
Articles are worthless crap. Unless it's a scientific paper, it's just sensationalism.
Reply 7884
Original post by geoking
Super models wear make-up. I doubt you look as good as them. I really feel that not wearing make-up regularly is just lazy.
Articles are worthless crap. Unless it's a scientific paper, it's just sensationalism.

Or maybe YOU just don't feel comfortable in your own skin and feel like you have to wear make up. I am 20, young and beautiful. Make up makes me look better, but I also look pretty good without it. Its not laziness, it's self confidence and also lack of need to seek attention.
Original post by Sashari
Or maybe YOU just don't feel comfortable in your own skin and feel like you have to wear make up. I am 20, young and beautiful. Make up makes me look better, but I also look pretty good without it. Its not laziness, it's self confidence and also lack of need to seek attention.

So you think you look better than Adriana Lima then? Looking good isn't about seeking attention, it's about knowing you are making the best of what you have...
Original post by geoking

I've been reading your posts for the past two pages and I really think you're being quite obtuse. Not wearing make up has nothing to do with laziness for some people. You're arguing that all girls need to wear make-up? Well that's pretty stupid in my opinion. Not all people need to wear make-up to "look good" as you've said. Yes make-up has the ability to make someone look better, but there are some people who look incredibly beautiful without make-up and thus have no reason to wear it, not because of "laziness" as you seem to believe. Here's a picture I found on my Instagram. She's wearing no make-up on the left, and make-up on the right. Yes she still looks good with make up, but that's besides the point. She doesn't need it. She looks good without it. Therefore, why should she wear it if she still looks flawless?

Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 4.56.45 PM.png

On the other hand, there are some people who look much uglier with make-up on. Some people don't know how to apply make-up properly and thus ruin their face by making themselves look like crayon-coloured oompa loompas.

fake-tan.jpg

So please, don't argue that all of us girls need make-up to look good, because not all of us do. And please remove the bizarre idea that some of us are "too lazy" to apply make-up, because that's bull****.
Original post by euphrosyne
I've been reading your posts for the past two pages and I really think you're being quite obtuse. Not wearing make up has nothing to do with laziness for some people. You're arguing that all girls need to wear make-up? Well that's pretty stupid in my opinion. Not all people need to wear make-up to "look good" as you've said. Yes make-up has the ability to make someone look better, but there are some people who look incredibly beautiful without make-up and thus have no reason to wear it, not because of "laziness" as you seem to believe. Here's a picture I found on my Instagram. She's wearing no make-up on the left, and make-up on the right. Yes she still looks good with make up, but that's besides the point. She doesn't need it. She looks good without it. Therefore, why should she wear it if she still looks flawless?

On the other hand, there are some people who look much uglier with make-up on. Some people don't know how to apply make-up properly and thus ruin their face by making themselves look like crayon-coloured oompa loompas.

fake-tan.jpg

So please, don't argue that all of us girls need make-up to look good, because not all of us do. And please remove the bizarre idea that some of us are "too lazy" to apply make-up, because that's bull****.

I go to a gym with plenty of women who wear a ton of makeup. Needless to say they do very little exercise, but they have every guy apart from myself ogling them. If they took that makeup off they'd be ugly as ****. Men are to blame as well.

fake-tan.jpg

It's either to do with laziness or low self-esteem. Everyone wants to look good. Make up makes you look good. So people should wear it within reason.
All girls should wear make up. If the most attractive women in the world do, then why shouldn't you? It's not about looking just good, it's about looking the best you can. It's increadibly rare to find someone who looks fantastic without it, and in those circumstances where the person claims they look good without it, it's actually a case that they just look better than those around them, which brings us back to them being lazy.
That woman is Adriana Lima. She makes a living off being one of the most attractive women in the word. Using her as an example is like using Usian Bolt as a standard of how fast a person should be able to run.... :rolleyes:

I'm sticking with what I said because using super models as an example of who shouldn't wear make up is daft as hell. If you don't wear it, you're either being lazy or have low self-esteem. That's the reality of the matter, whether you can deal with it is another matter entirely.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by uktotalgamer
I go to a gym with plenty of women who wear a ton of makeup. Needless to say they do very little exercise, but they have every guy apart from myself ogling them. If they took that makeup off they'd be ugly as ****. Men are to blame as well.

I don't get your point. I said some people look uglier with make-up, not all. Obviously there are some who are ugly as **** but when they were make-up, they look like goddesses. That's not what I was trying to say though.

Original post by geoking
It's either to do with laziness or low self-esteem. Everyone wants to look good. Make up makes you look good. So people should wear it within reason.
All girls should wear make up. If the most attractive women in the world do, then why shouldn't you? It's not about looking just good, it's about looking the best you can. It's increadibly rare to find someone who looks fantastic without it, and in those circumstances where the person claims they look good without it, it's actually a case that they just look better than those around them, which brings us back to them being lazy.
That woman is Adriana Lima. She makes a living off being one of the most attractive women in the word. Using her as an example is like using Usian Bolt as a standard of how fast a person should be able to run.... :rolleyes:

I'm sticking with what I said because using super models as an example of who shouldn't wear make up is daft as hell. If you don't wear it, you're either being lazy or have low self-esteem. That's the reality of the matter, whether you can deal with it is another matter entirely.

Not really. Maybe they just feel like they don't need to wear any? Simple as that. I don't wear make-up for example, unless I'm going out somewhere fancy, in which I do wear make-up to make myself look decent, for my ownself. When I go to school/the mall etc, I don't wear anything because I don't give two ****s on what people think of how I look without make-up. Wearing too much make-up creates a false face. These girls who cake themselves up with make-up are incredibly artificial, and guys who are falling for them are falling for fakes. I don't want that. Many girls don't want that, and thus don't cover themselves up, pretending to look like somebody else.

You do realise that she's one of the hundreds of millions who are attractive. The only difference is, she, among a few others, are lucky enough to showcase their beauty and fool people into believing that there isn't anyone who's as attractive. That doesn't mean there are millions of others who aren't as beautiful as her. Of course there are, they're just not in the modelling industry. And the only reason you're saying she is one of the most attractive women in the world is because you don't know how the other 3 billion+ women look like, because they're not all famous. So I'm sorry but your point is kind of invalid. There's no denying that she is beautiful naturally. But there's no denying that there are several of other women like her, who can go make-up free and look even more beautiful. They're just not in the public eye.

I'm using a supermodel because their pictures are plastered all over the Internet. I could post pictures of quite a few girls at my school who are more beautiful than Adriana, but don't have their pictures publicised in society. I'm sorry but that's incredibly ignorant :rofl: There are way more factors than those two. But okay lmao, I'll let you believe what you want to believe.

fake-tan.jpg

Totally agree. Why cant people do what they want? They can wear makeup if they want to, if they dont its their choice.
Original post by DirtyHarry01
Totally agree. Why cant people do what they want? They can wear makeup if they want to, if they dont its their choice.

Exactly! Guys complain when we wear too much makeup, and then they complain when we don't wear enough makeup. Us girls can never win.
What's exactly is wrong with not doing makeup out of laziness? :erm:
Original post by lilmissshady

Nothing is wrong with it... I'm simply stating that that's not the only reason some girls don't wear make up :facepalm:
Original post by lilmissshady

No idea shady. Tbh, not on the same wavelength, but I haven't even had a shower yet, or changed out of my night clothes :biggrin:
Reply 7895
Original post by geoking
So you think you look better than Adriana Lima then? Looking good isn't about seeking attention, it's about knowing you are making the best of what you have...

Its her job to attract attention! That's what I mean. I don't need lots of attention. The attention I get is plenty. If I want more attention I'll be sure to wear make up everyday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sashari
Its her job to attract attention! That's what I mean. I don't need lots of attention. The attention I get is plenty. If I want more attention I'll be sure to wear make up everyday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newsflash: You aren't as good looking as her so you won't be getting nearly the same amount of attention.

Sounds like excuses to me for being lazy.

Not really. Maybe they just feel like they don't need to wear any? Simple as that. I don't wear make-up for example, unless I'm going out somewhere fancy, in which I do wear make-up to make myself look decent, for my ownself. When I go to school/the mall etc, I don't wear anything because I don't give two ****s on what people think of how I look without make-up. Wearing too much make-up creates a false face. These girls who cake themselves up with make-up are incredibly artificial, and guys who are falling for them are falling for fakes. I don't want that. Many girls don't want that, and thus don't cover themselves up, pretending to look like somebody else.

You do realise that she's one of the hundreds of millions who are attractive. The only difference is, she, among a few others, are lucky enough to showcase their beauty and fool people into believing that there isn't anyone who's as attractive. That doesn't mean there are millions of others who aren't as beautiful as her. Of course there are, they're just not in the modelling industry. And the only reason you're saying she is one of the most attractive women in the world is because you don't know how the other 3 billion+ women look like, because they're not all famous. So I'm sorry but your point is kind of invalid. There's no denying that she is beautiful naturally. But there's no denying that there are several of other women like her, who can go make-up free and look even more beautiful. They're just not in the public eye.

I'm using a supermodel because their pictures are plastered all over the Internet. I could post pictures of quite a few girls at my school who are more beautiful than Adriana, but don't have their pictures publicised in society. I'm sorry but that's incredibly ignorant :rofl: There are way more factors than those two. But okay lmao, I'll let you believe what you want to believe.

People like to look good so feeling that you don't need to wear any means you must be a 11/10. If they don't feel a need it's usually because they feel the people around them are not worth the effort, or that make up won't help them because they have self esteem issues.

See you contradict yourself. One moment you are wearing makeup to look good for yourself. The next you are not wearing it because you don't care what others think about you. Are you wearing it for yourself or not then? :confused:

One of the hundreds of millions that are attractive? Really? You really are going to say in all seriousness that there are hundreds of millions of women who look like Adriana Lima? What on earth are you talking about "fool people into believing that there isn't anyone who's as attractive"? Every day experience of walking down the street proves that your idea is completely deluded.

Oh right I now live a blinkered existence and haven't seen another woman ever in my life. You're clutching at straws now. Yes there will be other women out there who look great without makeup, but they are going to be an absolute minority. If make up didn't make people look better, it wouldn't exist.

Let's see those girls from your school then because I think you're being ridiculously charitable and unrealistic, and I think you know that.
:facepalm: Dear god, just shut the **** up!

Stop accusing people of being lazy for not putting make-up on, they can do with whether they want to or don't. If they are going somewhere and want to look better, either for themselves or because they want to make a good impression or both, then its their choice. It doesn't have to have anything to do with laziness, which implies they are unwilling to do it because they don't want to use energy, what if its simply not necessary?

External appearance isnt the only indication on how good you feel or how high your self esteem is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nothing is wrong with it... I'm simply stating that that's not the only reason some girls don't wear make up :facepalm:

That wasn't directed at you at all..
I know it's not the only reason, tbh you don't really need a reason to wear/not wear makeup...this geo persons most probably trolling :rolleyes:

Original post by de_monies
No idea shady. Tbh, not on the same wavelength, but I haven't even had a shower yet, or changed out of my night clothes :biggrin:

That's routine for me LOL jk

Latest